News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker gave the team talk at half time rumour?

Started by TheManOnTheBus, October 25, 2015, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Loving Ross's optimism, particularly if that is reflective of the team spirit generally.

Certainly we should be looking to continue this momentum against Bristol City. But does anyone else expect much from Turf Moor on a Tuesday night though? I'd take a point now if it were offered  :dft011:

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2015, 12:20:09 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on October 26, 2015, 12:17:21 PM
I don't know who's more confused, two players differing accounts or us watching it.
I did think the same.
if I was a conspiracy nut I'd say the second one from Ross is to cover up the first one by Kaca.

But I'm not.

Could it simple be two players, from different countries, having different perspectives on the same thing though?

Let me put forwards a scenario that might even satisfy both arguments.

Half time talk was given by Kit, and he just gave the usual spiel (from what most people have said, Kit is not known to be the most inspirational speaker), but perhaps some things he said, like 'If you lot don't perform in the second half the guv is going to fire me' finally sparked something in the players and they then did discuss between them that they had to step it up, perhaps even just for Kit. Who knows? But something caused the lads to spark into life, it didn't happen last week against Leeds, and not against Wolves either, so something was different.

Our personal opinions of Kit will always play into what we believe went on, as it has done with other managers, but it still creases me up when someone starts a rumour and it's taken as gospel by so many, even in the face of, what appears to be, overwhelming evidence to the contrary (e.g. the title of this thread), or is that just my opinion of Kit kicking in there?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cmg

As I said previously, although those who chose to make categorical and definitive statements without having read any of the other posts will have missed it, halftime lasts for a whole fifteen minutes. Is it not possible. all conspiracy theories notwithstanding,  that more than one person might have got a word in edgeways during this time?

Lincoln took less than two minutes over the Gettysburg Address (yeah, yeah, I know it was only '15 Gettysburg High Street') and he was a very slow speaker.

Logicalman

Quote from: cmg on October 26, 2015, 01:01:35 PM
As I said previously, although those who chose to make categorical and definitive statements without having read any of the other posts will have missed it, halftime lasts for a whole fifteen minutes. Is it not possible. all conspiracy theories notwithstanding,  that more than one person might have got a word in edgeways during this time?

Lincoln took less than two minutes over the Gettysburg Address (yeah, yeah, I know it was only '15 Gettysburg High Street') and he was a very slow speaker.

Exactly!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Neil D

It is possible that Kacaniclic chose his words deliberately.  The assertion that it was the players (and not Symons, by implication) who turned it around at half-time reflects his frustration with his lack of games.  He made it clear that he hoped his  performance would result in more consistent selection.  I know English  is not his first language (much like Gerard and Rooney) but I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Neil D on October 26, 2015, 01:36:03 PM
It is possible that Kacaniclic chose his words deliberately.  The assertion that it was the players (and not Symons, by implication) who turned it around at half-time reflects his frustration with his lack of games.  He made it clear that he hoped his  performance would result in more consistent selection.  I know English  is not his first language (much like Gerard and Rooney) but I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

Gerrard and Rooney are Scousers, they don't talk English, like is it antwacky
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

Well somebody should explain to him to that his manager already spoke about Kacas form. Oddly he said what the rest of us have been saying. Consistency is the key. Kaca blows hot and cold. If he can try and find a bit of form over more than a game than he will be picked.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

One wonders, then, what was said at half time against Leeds. Either nothing or much the same thing and it didn't work.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Neil D

Quote from: Holders on October 26, 2015, 05:35:57 PM

One wonders, then, what was said at half time against Leeds. Either nothing or much the same thing and it didn't work.
Well, we were winning at that point.  So, probably 'more of the same, lads' would have summed it up.  Unfortunately, that was the problem.

Wimbledon_White

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

What I'd like to know is what happened between the 46th and 50th minutes ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Blanco

cmg

Quote from: Blanco on October 26, 2015, 06:52:32 PM
Maybe this geezer gave the half time talk...

Excellent!

He wouldn't have to say much, either.

YankeeJim

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 26, 2015, 06:33:02 PM
What I'd like to know is what happened between the 46th and 50th minutes ?

Given the average footballer IQ and Parkers use of words of more than one syllable, it took a while to sink in.  :drums:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Quote from: Neil D on October 26, 2015, 05:57:03 PM

Well, we were winning at that point.  So, probably 'more of the same, lads' would have summed it up.  Unfortunately, that was the problem.

That was my point. We might have been 1-0 up but only well against the run of play.

Neil D

Quote from: Holders on October 27, 2015, 05:44:55 AM
Quote from: Neil D on October 26, 2015, 05:57:03 PM

That was my point. We might have been 1-0 up but only well against the run of play.
Then, Sir, we are in agreement.  About what, I'm not quite sure.

Artful Dodger

The one thing coming through is some people are happy to criticise Kit when it goes wrong but cannot muster any sense of credit to Kit when it goes well, to the extent we have conspiracy theories about Parker giving the team talk whilst warming up! I am not Kit's biggest fan but something happened at half time so lets give Kit some credit where it's due. One half shouldn't cloud Shad's long term view of whether Kit is the right man but he did well for once on Saturday....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Logicalman

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 26, 2015, 06:03:49 PM
He has form it seems...

'Cole hails 'inspirational' Scott Parker team-talk'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9396118.stm

he's an ex-Chelsea player as well, so it means .... ?

King_Crud

He's wearing a hoodie.................with no sleeves. Baffling.

Holders

Quote from: King_Crud on October 27, 2015, 04:59:30 PM

He's wearing a hoodie.................with no sleeves. Baffling.

By the looks of him we could have done a lot worse.

As for the hoodie, probably the sleeves wouldn't go around his arms. Maybe he's a hod-carrier?