watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bristol City

Started by somerset cockernee, October 26, 2015, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somerset cockernee

I've got my tickets (4) ...are we meeting up in a specific pub or not? The "Knights Templar" is a Wetherspoons pub right outside Templemeads Station, seems very convenient to me

SP

Off topic slightly but City have just kicked off their derby with Cardiff, lets hope it's a feisty affair.

LBNo11

...here's a useful link/contact on Twitter:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SP

Nathan Baker (?) hamstring injury.

somerset cockernee

Thanks for that L B are you going?

LBNo11

Quote from: somerset cockernee on October 26, 2015, 08:17:34 PM
Thanks for that L B are you going?

...Hi Zummmerzet Cockernee, would love to go but one of my sons booked tickets for the whole family to see the new James Bond film, I hope to leave the cinema in time to hear of our win, Fulham, Licensed To Thrill, have a great day...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

I've just followed the link on Twitter for updates
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

somerset cockernee

Quote from: Berserker on October 26, 2015, 08:24:49 PM
I've just followed the link on Twitter for updates
Beserker I do not own a mobile phone (yes I know,move into the 21st Century) so I am afraid I cannot

gerrys

Quote from: SP on October 26, 2015, 07:47:34 PM
Off topic slightly but City have just kicked off their derby with Cardiff, lets hope it's a feisty affair.
so far it's mostly Bristol City and a super save from Marshall at the end of the first half to keep Cardiff in it.

God The Mechanic

The Bristol keeper is very confident incoming off his line, he's just not that great at it.  Could be something we attack.

gerrys

Bristol City hit the woodwork 3 times and Cardiff miss an open goal in the last minute.......Kodja, for Bristol,  looks quite a handful.

lomotd

Looking forward to this one! Anyone know of a good pub near the ground that me and my old man could catch the end of the rugby world cup final in?

Berserker

Well I'm hoping to go to the Motorbike shop but that isn't much use to anybody.
Guys can any of you help Somerset & Lomotd out with pubs?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Taken from the footballgroundguide.com's overview of Ashton Gate (specifically the section on watering holes for away fans):

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/ashton-gate-bristol-city.html#apubs-for-away-fans

Alex Webber recommends the Nova Scotia for away supporters by the waterfront, but adds that pubs nearer to the ground such as the Hen & Chicken and the BS3 Bar should be given a wide berth. Chris Gill a visiting Leeds United fan adds; 'Near Temple Meads station there is the Knights Templar pub, a Wetherspoons outlet, that seems friendly enough. It's a two minute walk straight ahead from the station into the Temple area and off to the left in the square'. Scott Grimwood a visiting Ipswich Town fan informs me; ' The Cottage in Baltic Wharf, is a nice pub situated on the river front and has good real ale (from the Butcombe Brewery). On my visits both set's of fan's mixed pleasantly'.  Domenic Brunetti a visiting Nottingham Forest fan informs me; 'Before kick off we were directed by a club steward to the 'Tobacco House' bar which is a five minute walk from the road behind the Atyeo stand next door to an Aldi store. On route we passed several pubs which clearly have signs saying Home Fans only. When we got in the Tobacco House we found the bar friendly and trouble free and the food was good too.'

Matt Greenslade recommends; 'The Orchard pub is about a ten minute walk from the ground at Hanover Place on Harbourside. Voted Britain's top cider pub in 2009 with a huge sampling of local brews for anyone who wants to try the infamous cloudy stuff'. This pub is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and apart from having a number of ales on offer, it also has up to 24 different ciders available. The question is though, if you visit this pub before the game, will you still make the kick off?

Nick Prince a visiting Peterborough United fan informs me; 'Visiting supporters are welcome at the Bedminster Cricket Club, which is located about a 15 minute walk away from Ashton Gate, on Clanage Road (A369). There is a bar there and you can also park at a cost of £5 per car.' Alternatively, alcohol is made available to away fans inside the ground, albeit no draught beer just plastic bottles.

Neil D

I read somewhere our (sold out) allocation for this was a measly 1000.  Is that correct?

MJG

Quote from: Neil D on October 27, 2015, 10:10:23 AM
I read somewhere our (sold out) allocation for this was a measly 1000.  Is that correct?

Neil D

Quote from: MJG on October 27, 2015, 10:16:17 AM
Thanks.  That's not a lot for a ground with nearly 17000 capacity.

MJG

Quote from: Neil D on October 27, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
I think they are doing work on it hence the restricted number of tickets

Burt

Quote from: MJG on October 27, 2015, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: Neil D on October 27, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
I think they are doing work on it hence the restricted number of tickets

They are rebuilding one of the stands behind one of the goals. I remember this only because last season I read an article about that end being completely open, so a guy who lived across the road set out a chair on top of his shed to watch the matches, and the supporters in the ground started singing songs about him, and then the club got in to the spirit and knocked up a "Shed End" sign :)

Burt