watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan - where was he today?

Started by Shredhead, October 24, 2015, 08:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I think people forget that MAF lived down the road, so was easy for him to get here, but when he moved to Switzerland he was rarely here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

e4b

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on October 26, 2015, 08:18:17 AM
I think people forget that MAF lived down the road, so was easy for him to get here, but when he moved to Switzerland he was rarely here.

You mean whilst his business interests were in the UK? He sold the last in 2010 I believe (house of Fraser), not long before the generous financing he had given the club began to wane somewhat (though, to be fair, that was after he wrote off 170M), and he finally sold us.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on October 25, 2015, 03:58:35 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 25, 2015, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 25, 2015, 01:13:20 AM
Apparently, there is no end to things to complain about on this site.

Agreed i thought Al Fayed was top man for carrying out his parades, at least he showed he cared, and had empathy with genuine fans, and not just the Prawn Sandwich Brigade.
One thing I admired about him, he would stop and talk to anyone who wanted to speak to him and shake his hand, much to the concern of his Close Protection Unit. He may have been a little arrogant on the odd occasions, but he at least acknowledged that the fans existed.
It's a great pity you weren't at Jax then when the team visited, what Khan did that weekend was just as magic for many of the fans.

Yes, he was quite the gentleman, allowing the peons to get near. LOL. Really, I had a few words with him, had my picture taken and happily drank the beer he bought. I especially liked the hat trick that Mousse brought along. It was a grand day.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

snarks

Quote from: TerryR on October 26, 2015, 06:29:40 AM
Honestly..............
The Khan bashing is getting old and hasnt a drop of credence behind it.
He has spent money.
He is redeveloping the riverside ( despite us sitting bottom of the table last year and mid table this year).
He  clearly wants results.
Compared to some of the clown owners in this league ( and others), HE IS GOD'S GIFT TO FFC.
Consider this for a moment:
He has spent BIG money ( all the other teams have complained about our expenditures)
He is redeveloping the Riverside stand regardless of our non PL status.
He hasnt loaded the club down with debt for his own enrichment. 
He doesn't meddle with player selections etc.
He has hired experts to help with manager selection and operations- owning a football club isnt the exercise in ego stroking as with some owners.
He seems to care about the integrity of the club and its history (show me one instance he has disrespected FFC's long distinguished history)
He is determined to run the club like a business not a billionaire's plaything.
He has pledged to give the sort of amenities on match day to justify the ticket prices. The slop served up mascarading as food today is disgusting.
He is demanding results- His 150 million investment is in trouble if we dont get back in the PL.
Sure he lives in the US.....so what?
No he doesnt come to every game.....so what?
The whinging and complaining is absurd at times.
He doesnt boo the team when we are losing( unlike some).
HE doesnt place bets against us winning.....unlike some fans on this board.
He took down the embarassing MJ statue.
Give it a rest and thank god we havent suffered the fate of many a team with idiot owners driven by ego and more money than sense.

Couldn't agree more, I like Mr Khan, and think he's one of the better ones.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

grandad

Quote from: MisfitKid on October 27, 2015, 07:56:56 PM
TerryR -  :clap_hands:

092.gif  :drums:  :yay:  077.gif  049:gif  051
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham1959

Quote from: snarks on October 27, 2015, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: TerryR on October 26, 2015, 06:29:40 AM
Honestly..............
The Khan bashing is getting old and hasnt a drop of credence behind it.
He has spent money.
He is redeveloping the riverside ( despite us sitting bottom of the table last year and mid table this year).
He  clearly wants results.
Compared to some of the clown owners in this league ( and others), HE IS GOD'S GIFT TO FFC.
Consider this for a moment:
He has spent BIG money ( all the other teams have complained about our expenditures)
He is redeveloping the Riverside stand regardless of our non PL status.
He hasnt loaded the club down with debt for his own enrichment. 
He doesn't meddle with player selections etc.
He has hired experts to help with manager selection and operations- owning a football club isnt the exercise in ego stroking as with some owners.
He seems to care about the integrity of the club and its history (show me one instance he has disrespected FFC's long distinguished history)
He is determined to run the club like a business not a billionaire's plaything.
He has pledged to give the sort of amenities on match day to justify the ticket prices. The slop served up mascarading as food today is disgusting.
He is demanding results- His 150 million investment is in trouble if we dont get back in the PL.
Sure he lives in the US.....so what?
No he doesnt come to every game.....so what?
The whinging and complaining is absurd at times.
He doesnt boo the team when we are losing( unlike some).
HE doesnt place bets against us winning.....unlike some fans on this board.
He took down the embarassing MJ statue.
Give it a rest and thank god we havent suffered the fate of many a team with idiot owners driven by ego and more money than sense.

Couldn't agree more, I like Mr Khan, and think he's one of the better ones.

:plus one:

filham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on October 25, 2015, 04:50:08 PM
The only reason MAF did his pitch walk was that it was the shortest route from the Cottage the directors box., he didn't want to mix with the away fans under the Putney end.

If that was his reason he would have made the trip by helicopter.

davew

HE WAS THERE!!!! Just watched the 90 minutes game replay and it looked like him watching?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Shredhead

Look. Just to be clear, I didn't start this thread to bash Khan, but to ask a question.  I liked in the Directors box a few times during the game and couldn't see him in his normal spot. That's all.  If he doesn't want to do walkabouts that's fair enough bit it would probably warm up a few fans views about him.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC