Main Menu

Bristol City

Started by somerset cockernee, October 26, 2015, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Quote from: Burt on October 27, 2015, 03:22:36 PM
Here's the article.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30725883
Interesting link.  Thanks.  I don't wish to appear overly cynical but I'm pretty sure if that had been happening at Craven Cottage, there would have been a legal action against him. 
On a different but related issue: does the away stand have a roof or are we going to get wet?

Cider country

Hello people, City fan here. Any questions and I will be happy to help.
Apologies for the restricted numbers but we are mid rebuild at the moment. A refurbished Dolman stand to the left of the away section has been joined by a shiny new South stand at the other end while the new West stand is taking shape to your right. Missing a stand does make the ground look a tad odd but it's not for long and will be worth it from next season. You are in part of the Atyeo stand which, for those of you of a certain age, is where the old open away terrace used to be. It's a 20 year old all seater stand and has everything you need.
As for 'does the away end have a roof'? Yes, we do. This is Bristol City you are playing, not the other mob and the 3 sides we currently have are very modern.
The restrictions are unfortunate but the rest of the stadium is pretty much sold out. Next season you can bring up to 4500 (if we are still here) without an issue as we will be at 27,500 capacity.
As I said, feel free to ask any questions as we haven't played you in a long time. I will do my best to answer them.

Burt

Quote from: Cider country on October 28, 2015, 11:43:20 AM
Apologies for the restricted numbers but we are mid rebuild at the moment. A refurbished Dolman stand to the left of the away section has been joined by a shiny new South stand at the other end while the new West stand is taking shape to your right. Missing a stand does make the ground look a tad odd but it's not for long and will be worth it from next season. You are in part of the Atyeo stand which, for those of you of a certain age, is where the old open away terrace used to be. It's a 20 year old all seater stand and has everything you need.
As for 'does the away end have a roof'? Yes, we do. This is Bristol City you are playing, not the other mob and the 3 sides we currently have are very modern.
The restrictions are unfortunate but the rest of the stadium is pretty much sold out. Next season you can bring up to 4500 (if we are still here) without an issue as we will be at 27,500 capacity.
As I said, feel free to ask any questions as we haven't played you in a long time. I will do my best to answer them.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for your contribution!

Now, how about a decent boozer which welcomes away supporters... Any recommendations?

Holders

Quote from: Burt on October 28, 2015, 11:45:27 AM

Now, how about a decent boozer which welcomes away supporters... Any recommendations?

I have pleasant but hazy recollections of The Coronation Tap.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Cider country

Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2015, 11:58:46 AM

Ah the infamous Coronation tap. If you remember coming out of there, you weren't in there long!
While a couple of pubs right next to the ground persist with the daft 'home fans only' garbage, there are plenty of boozers within 10 minutes. The Robins on Winterstoke rd allows visiting fans and the Nova Scotia is always friendly as are the Cottage on Cumberland rd and the Tobacco Factory just up the road from the ground. We're not a bad lot so the 'home only' is silly nowadays.
Personally, if I wasn't parking in the cricket club (nice bar there), I would head for the Cottage which is on the river and a very pleasant place. There is a large sports bar at the new South stand corner but it's a bit of a hike to the away end as there's a building site in the way at the moment.
You can get a beer in the ground but I think it's the bottled rubbish in the away end.

Burt

Quote from: Cider country on October 28, 2015, 03:00:56 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2015, 11:58:46 AM

Ah the infamous Coronation tap. If you remember coming out of there, you weren't in there long!
While a couple of pubs right next to the ground persist with the daft 'home fans only' garbage, there are plenty of boozers within 10 minutes. The Robins on Winterstoke rd allows visiting fans and the Nova Scotia is always friendly as are the Cottage on Cumberland rd and the Tobacco Factory just up the road from the ground. We're not a bad lot so the 'home only' is silly nowadays.
Personally, if I wasn't parking in the cricket club (nice bar there), I would head for the Cottage which is on the river and a very pleasant place. There is a large sports bar at the new South stand corner but it's a bit of a hike to the away end as there's a building site in the way at the moment.
You can get a beer in the ground but I think it's the bottled rubbish in the away end.

Thanks for the recommendation...

It's got to be the Cottage, really... Sounds like a home from home  049:gif

GrumpyWhite

On my walk from the city along Hotwells Road - I normally visit the Grain Barge and nearer the ground the Merchants

snarks

I was going to park in the multistory and walk down the hill to Hotwells road and along from there, it's only a mile or so I think. Is the grain barge the one opposite the SS Great Britiain?

Cider country

The grain barge is indeed the one opposite the SS GB but I'm not sure if it's open at the moment as the council are dredging the entire dock. Might be worth checking if you are planning on going there.

Neil D

Do away supporters get a free programme?  I don't know how common it is, but I remember getting one at Swansea a couple of seasons ago...

Cider country

No. You're Londoners, therefore minted and can afford to buy one!

Neil D

You're right.  But I won't.

rweller86

Any tickets going spare for this? Last minute decision to go but seems too late?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

Cider country

Totally sold out at our end rweller although we aren't allowed to fill to capacity for some daft reason.
The club advertise 'sold out' but until the H & S are happy, we don't appear to be able to sell all the seats. Huge frustration at our end too! \people want to come to the game, it's 'sold out' but there will be swathes of empty seats. Very frustrating.