watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Smith

Started by Wearethewhites, October 30, 2015, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Would you consider playing him against Bristol City, or would you keep him on the bench?

Normally, players are itching to play against their ex-clubs, but Matt Smith was very 'complimentary' towards Bristol City after his time there, which strikes me as a little problem.

As a professional, Matt Smith should grace the pitch as a Fulham player, but will he still have a little soft spot them?

Based on the type of game I think it may turn out to be, Smith's presence will be needed at some point.   

alfie

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 30, 2015, 02:16:46 PM
Would you consider playing him against Bristol City, or would you keep him on the bench?

Normally, players are itching to play against their ex-clubs, but Matt Smith was very 'complimentary' towards Bristol City after his time there, which strikes me as a little problem.

As a professional, Matt Smith should grace the pitch as a Fulham player, but will he still have a little soft spot them?

Based on the type of game I think it may turn out to be, Smith's presence will be needed at some point.   
As a professional career player he should have no other thoughts than sticking as many in against them as he can.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

As a pro, I don't think his affection for Bristol City will affect his play - he'd be in trouble if he didn't do his best to score against them.

Horsfield_No9

I don't think he'd celebrate too much if he scored against them. If anything he should thank them for helping him find form and become a regular in the Fulham squad.

I'd start Moussa and Ross, Smith to come on if needed. For the record I think Smith is fantastic and under-credited at this level. People think he's just a big lump but he scores great goals with his feet too. V Wigan and his goal for BCFC against Gillingham were both amazing.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

love4ffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 30, 2015, 02:22:29 PM
I don't think he'd celebrate too much if he scored against them. If anything he should thank them for helping him find form and become a regular in the Fulham squad.

I'd start Moussa and Ross, Smith to come on if needed. For the record I think Smith is fantastic and under-credited at this level. People think he's just a big lump but he scores great goals with his feet too. V Wigan and his goal for BCFC against Gillingham were both amazing.

This exactly word for word  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

Bench for me, moussa and ross been doing well, however against Burnley that may be a different question
Every day is a Fulham day

Cider country

We would have him back at City in a heart beat!
He was excellent for us and is just the type of player we will be after in January. We have Wilbs who plays that role but he can't go on forever.
Any chance?

fulhamben

I wouldn't consider starting him against anybody at the moment. We are not top scorers because our current strike force are poor. And yes I can see him leaving in Jan or the summer. He left leeds because he was down the order and will do the same to us. Though I'll never blame a footballer for wanting to leave to get first team action
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Don't often agree with you Ben but I do with the point of not blaming someone for leaving for first team action, and I also agree re your strike force comment

bill taylors apprentice

When a forward is fit and scoring (however good or bad he is playing ) you drop him at your peril!

Dembele plays for sure, rest mid week if necessary.

Dembele alongside Smith and rest Ross tomorrow?

westcliff white

Personally Bill I wouldn't drop either Moussa or Ross. Burnley may be a more physical challenge and may not suit Moussa but I would still play the best 11 I had

f321ffc

One thing for sure, he will get a great reception from the home fans at Ashton Gate. 049:gif COYW .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 30, 2015, 02:16:46 PM

The best thank you to them would be to play his hardest and stick it to them every chance he gets. That, and avoiding celebrations when he does.

What ever he does will have to be done as a sub. Can't see anyone breaking up Moussa and Ross right now. They are finally getting in synch with each other and beginning to fire on all cylinders.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

I am out of step with all of those raving about the performances  of Dembele .He has got nicely on the end of a few good moves and taken some chances but generally as a target man is often bad and he has left something to be desired. Usually easily beaten in the air and his first touch is often poor.

Dembele is young and improving but right now I think Smith has a lot more to offer

Start with Smith and use Dembele as the sub to make an impact as the defence tires and the game opens up,,

MJG

That's right drop a striker who scored two goals last week. Makes complete sense.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cider country

Quote from: f321ffc on October 30, 2015, 04:13:49 PM
One thing for sure, he will get a great reception from the home fans at Ashton Gate. 049:gif COYW .

He certainly will. Once the whistle blows he's fair game though. ;)

Twig

I don't think that Kit can make many changes, if at all, to the side that finished the last game.  But we have Smith, Parker and O'Hara itching for action.  Whatever team starts and whichever way you look at it, what a bench we will have!

aaronmcguigan

Personally, as much affection as he has for them, Id be itching to get one over on them. Whether it was money, other options or whatever, Bristol City had him and decided not to go for him in the summer

Wimbledon_White

No way can Dembele be dropped.  Kit won't drop Moussa. Fact/Opinion.

Smith is a professional and an intelligent one at that. Professionalism dictates that he should be desperate to play no matter who the opposition.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on October 30, 2015, 02:22:29 PM

:plus one:
I'd bring him on with 20 to go.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !