watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kit interview: Use the whole squad

Started by nose, October 30, 2015, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

He said we have three big games in a week and he will need to use the whole squad.
Hold on to that thought.

I do not for one second believe he will use the whole squad, i doubt he will deviate from his current prefered starting 11 by more than one or two players and only then if injury dictates. I suspect he will use smith before cauley if needing an extra forward because smith is a big man and genuinely brings an alternative that is different. other than that he has no sensible options. Maybe parker might feature but o'hara and tunny are clearly the firs choice and doing well.

so what does he mean? why did he say it and worst of all, he said our aim is a play off spot, why not automatic promotion, we are just 8 points from that in November, and lots of teams in the mix so it really isn't that unrealistic an aim if you truly believe we have a capable squad..... lack of clarity, and lack of ambition are always a problem and this interview demonstrated both. the clarity is that to say you will use the whole squad when that isn't likely is demoralising for those that don't get used, just warming the bench is hardly a good thing. lack of ambition, saying our aim is a play off spot.... my aim would be promotion, however it was achieved.

i am not really having a go but rather highliting what seems to me a fundamental part of the problem.

fulhamben

Probably because most don't think he can achieve top 6, so if he came out and said top 2 then I think he would get committed by the men in white coats
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Top two is almost an impossibility. Where are you getting 63 points plus from over the next 33 games?
Do you really think over 33 games we can be number one or two on form?

Lighthouse

Well the fact that this season we have a few alternatives in most positions means he can use the whole squad. Did he mean literally use the whole squad? No that really wasn't what he meant and we all know that. But with Kaca having one of his occasional good performances when he came on. Plus the return from suspension and injury. We have the whole squad available bar the few that are injured.

So the whole squad are available and could be used is what he could have said.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 30, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
Well the fact that this season we have a few alternatives in most positions means he can use the whole squad. Did he mean literally use the whole squad? No that really wasn't what he meant and we all know that. But with Kaca having one of his occasional good performances when he came on. Plus the return from suspension and injury. We have the whole squad available bar the few that are injured.

So the whole squad are available and could be used is what he could have said.
Think it's an excuse so he can get the likes of Pringle and jazz back in the team.

dannyboi-ffc

I appreciate rotation is important when the games come thick and fast. We need to keep our important players fresh and fit to prevent injuries. But I only want to see changes that aren't going to hinder us.

For example, both O'hara and Cairney have proved they are both brilliant in the same role so over Xmas it wouldn't hurt to rest one. There's no reason why Dembele or Mccormack can't be rested for Smith just to keep them fresh.

There are games where Burns aerial asset will be needed and others where Ream's comfortable on the ball style will be better.

But what I don't want to see is Kavanagh playing when we have Husband, Garbutt and Ream who are all much better. Or Matilla instead of Parker if both are fit.

So there's using the squad and then there's weakening the team for the sake of using the whole squad
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 30, 2015, 03:36:47 PM
I appreciate rotation is important when the games come thick and fast. We need to keep our important players fresh and fit to prevent injuries. But I only want to see changes that aren't going to hinder us.

For example, both O'hara and Cairney have proved they are both brilliant in the same role so over Xmas it wouldn't hurt to rest one. There's no reason why Dembele or Mccormack can't be rested for Smith just to keep them fresh.

But what I don't want to see is Kavanagh playing when we have Husband, Garbutt and Ream who are all much better. Or Matilla instead of Parker if both are fit.

So there's using the squad and then there's weakening the team for the sake of using the whole squad
mattilla is a better dm than parker

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on October 30, 2015, 03:38:22 PM

We don't play a dm, I meant if we were to rest Tunnicliffe I'd have Parker straight in or Hyndman. For a few months Parker was our best player last year but his issue is he burns out. He's still the better option in the odd game but that's what football's about. It's opinions

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 30, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

We don't play a dm, I meant if we were to rest Tunnicliffe I'd have Parker straight in or Hyndman. For a few months Parker was our best player last year but his issue is he burns out. He's still the better option in the odd game but that's what football's about. It's opinions

hyndman will never play for us again, and nor should he.  Parker is neither a like for like for tunni or last seasons player of the year.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on October 30, 2015, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 30, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

hyndman will never play for us again, and nor should he.  Parker is neither a like for like for tunni or last seasons player of the year.

There's no point debating Parker when your view is so one sided and i never said parker was player of the year but he was our best player for a couple of months last season. I'm not having it Parker is not as good as Matilla. That's laughable mate.  I watched Matilla against Nothern Ireland because we had a draw in our acca. The Mrs was going mental at the TV saying he's bloody crap, what's he doing? .........He plays for Fulham dear.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Wimbledon_White

Oh for god's sake, can't you give the bloke a break? Why analyse every single word he says and spin it negatively?

I understand he isn't perfect, I understand people's concerns. I am more patient and forgiving than most...clearly...but what I don't understand is how people are so quick to slate him, even for the most innocuous of things.

Give the guy a break! It is utterly tiresome to see him denigrated constantly.

HatterDon

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 30, 2015, 04:57:52 PM
Oh for god's sake, can't you give the bloke a break? Why analyse every single word he says and spin it negatively?

I understand he isn't perfect, I understand people's concerns. I am more patient and forgiving than most...clearly...but what I don't understand is how people are so quick to slate him, even for the most innocuous of things.

No, manifestly they can not do it. Sad, really.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

There are games where Burns aerial asset will be needed and others where Ream's comfortable on the ball style will be better.

[/quote

Spot on ,Dannyboi,  maybe that is what Kit meant but he chose his words for simplification and  to motivate his players.

Wearethewhites

And, as per usual, we get the same two culprits, who can't stand it when Kit does get criticism. You're becoming as sad, if not as tiresome, as the critisisers theirselves. If you don't like what read, just ignore it, or simply pass it by.

YoungsBitter

There was discussion on Cottagetalk preview show about the issue of why we are crap in mid week game and the need to really get 5-6 points out of the next tough games - Bristol, Burnley and Brum, if we are serious about top 6.
One issue raised was fitness which for professionals at this level I think we find annoying but the reality is we go periods of 2 games a week and I think players do get tired, mentally and physically but I would argue that it is exacerbated by Kit's a) team selection ( always the same unless injuries prevent it) and b) late and ponderous subs. Which is ironic seeing his comment about using the full squad.
We have cover at different positions with quality players. We have seen the motivation impact for someone like Kaca who cant buy a game under Kit, finally gets his chance against Reading and plays really well. Without wholesale changes for the sake of it we should be bringing on fresh legs in midfield and upfront at 60 minutes, not just LVC for Pringle at 70 and Woodrow for Dembele at 85 mins. Thats how you stop conceding late goals, sloppy midweek games and keep the squad motivated.
I would like to see the untouchables like McCormack and Tunnicliffe get subbed occasionally, lets see what Matt Smith and Dembele can do together for the last 15 minutes. Would be good to see us switch to 352 for last 20 minutes when we need to close out a game. We have Garbutt, Parker, Pringle, LVC, Williams and Smith all able to have good game impact and keep competition for places.
Not going to happen tho is it?
Quark, strangeness and charm

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on October 30, 2015, 05:03:22 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 30, 2015, 04:57:52 PM

No, manifestly they can not do it. Sad, really.

actually..., i do appreciate your replies but that is not what i was doing.....

i was trying to highlight what is wrong and is easilly improved.

to those that attack me for whatever i say for being negative I am pointing out we are 8 from an automatic place..... it isn't that far off, it is possible, not impossible..art of the possible, i am disapointed our manager says we are just targeting a play off place, that is aiming low...even if we miss the top spots, let us at least say we will do our damdest, bust a gut, why not, maybe hard bit we will try.... it is called good management. aim low almost guarantees failure.

the use of the squad nonsense is a platitude and i would prefer him to be more honest and say I will put out the best team i can and take each game as it comes....  
#
oh, and no i cannot give anyone a break if they can do better than they are doing, and I think kit can be so much better, if our senior management was better he would be so much better.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 30, 2015, 06:58:02 PM
And, as per usual, we get the same two culprits, who can't stand it when Kit does get criticism. You're becoming as sad, if not as tiresome, as the critisisers theirselves. If you don't like what read, just ignore it, or simply pass it by.

Ditto.

If you don't like us defending him then simply move on and ignore us.
Enjoy your negativity. Enjoy defaming a Fulham man. It really would be interesting if we met wouldn't it?

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 30, 2015, 10:52:32 PM

Ditto.

Enjoy your negativity. Enjoy defaming a Fulham man. It really would be interesting if we met wouldn't it?
so are you categorically stating that all ex players are beyond reproach? And I would have thought the way kit has managed us was more damaging to his reputation than the fans who have had enough

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: fulhamben on October 30, 2015, 11:15:58 PM

Ditto.

so are you categorically stating that all ex players are beyond reproach? And I would have thought the way kit has managed us was more damaging to his reputation than the fans who have had enough

Not at all.

It's just that in modern football the 'club man', the manager that really cares about his club and who works for that club no matter what...well...its rare.

Fulham could be managed by any manager. We could be like every other club in the league; we could appoint and fire any number of managers, those who have experience and those that don't.

Maybe I am just a purist, or just a naive romantic, but for me, we have a Fulham man at the helm...someone who genuinely cares about our club. Given c21 football, that in itself is rare and, I would argue, is something to be proud of.

As I have said elsewhere, I understand people's frustrations and concerns. Kit is far from perfect. But he is ours. He is a Fulham man. And is his performance as manager so bad that he deserves the criticism he receives on here? Is it really? I would argue no it isn't.

Give our man a chance. It could be a damn sight worse. We could have another Magath.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on October 30, 2015, 11:34:58 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 30, 2015, 11:15:58 PM

Ditto.

Not at all.

It's just that in modern football the 'club man', the manager that really cares about his club and who works for that club no matter what...well...its rare.

Fulham could be managed by any manager. We could be like every other club in the league; we could appoint and fire any number of managers, those who have experience and those that don't.

Maybe I am just a purist, or just a naive romantic, but for me, we have a Fulham man at the helm...someone who genuinely cares about our club. Given c21 football, that in itself is rare and, I would argue, is something to be proud of.

As I have said elsewhere, I understand people's frustrations and concerns. Kit is far from perfect. But he is ours. He is a Fulham man. And is his performance as manager so bad that he deserves the criticism he receives on here? Is it really? I would argue no it isn't.

Give our man a chance. It could be a damn sight worse. We could have another Magath.

All football fans are romantic. They want their academy players to join the first team and a former team player to manage the team forever. It doesn't work like that in real life.

In Kit's case, you "choose" to be naive. Perhaps I'm biased or just a cynic but if a Premier League club made an approach for him tomorrow, he would definitely not say: sorry, but I am a Fulham man. Then we would have to look for another manager and, as you say, could get another Magath; or another Hodgson or Tigana.