watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gay players.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, October 31, 2015, 10:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

It really is only the media that keeps this stigma alive, really does anyone care in this country anymore.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 31, 2015, 10:46:46 AM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on October 31, 2015, 10:33:27 AM
So, according to the Red Tops, an England international and a second player are preparing to come out as gay. In all honesty, is there as much of a stigma attached as some make it?
Personally I couldn't care less, and I hope they do. They'll get a lot more respect than I think they'd expect.

Thoughts?

No one should have to come out as anything these days. Just live your life the way that comes naturally.

:plus one:

As long as they're happy and content in life that's all that matters.

gang

Quote from: DJinNJ on October 31, 2015, 03:38:21 PM
Quote from: Blanco on October 31, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 31, 2015, 12:47:41 PMt
Transgender is not the same as being gay.
Firstly I'm not a homophobe as long as it's not constantly down my throat by activists with longer term global objectives.
I also realize that this thread is to do with football players 'coming out' but that in itself will create huge problems as they are celebrities and things rub off on other people and it has been proven that 'gender identity crisis' is not or not necessarily genetic
It's very easy to be politically correct now about things like this and racism etc when many of us for years
have been anti-gay or racist.
There is a much bigger overall picture, whether they are footballers or any other professionals they are finding out over here, these are the things that concern me, not a few 'out' gay footballers.
eg: It is now law in some places (eg Houston, Texas - although they're trying to repeal it) for a person (with the emphasis on the LGBT community) to go into any toilet they feel like dependent on what sex they think they are at any given time)
Even in schools, a male teacher could just wander into the girls restrooms or changing rooms if he identifies with beinga girl at that particular time

In the military now, an elite marine corps could have a transgender in their platoon.

Possibly hypothetical but perhaps topical, imagine if you took your daughter to Motspur Park to watch a training session and a gay footballer followed your daughter into the rest room because he identified with being a girl at that time.

No doubt I'll get hammered on this post unless it attracts  few non-PC viewers.

Before you know it we'll have players wearing the "Rocky Horror kit' under their footie kit.

Incredible law to have. Utterly ridiculous! You make good points.

The Houston law allows transgender people to use the restroom of the gender they identify as, and have transitioned to. Otherwise you have people who look male being forced to go into a female restroom and vice versa. You can't just go in whatever bathroom you feel like, and I doubt there is any such ridiculous law anywhere else in the country. Phrasing it as going into whatever restroom you feel like is a scare tactic from anti-LGBT groups.

gang

Tansgender is not the same as being gay.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: gang on October 31, 2015, 10:31:24 PM
Tansgender is not the same as being gay.

I did say "with the emphasis on the LGBT community" and of course, I'm aware that Transgenderism and homosexuality are 2 completely separate issues.
The "Bathroom Bill" as it's become known, in Houston is so confusing and they keep tweaking it, and are even having a referendum on it in soon, despite the fact that a previous recent referendum voted against it something like 80/20%.
The fact that the Mayor of Houston is a lesbian has nothing to do with her agenda to push through this bill.

I think it's about time there was an "International Heterosexual Pride March" every year, but heterosexuals don't need to make such a big deal about their identity, do we ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FPT

I don't care. It shouldn't be news, but such as the world we live in that it's an apparent problem.

There'll be some morons that see it as disgusting and an issue, the irony being it is them that are disgusting. If it came out that a Fulham player past or present is gay, it would not change my opinion of them - barring probably more admiration for the strength it'll take to come out.

Logicalman

All good points, but can we keep the posts on-subject please, this is not a thread concerning ANY persons persuasion, but one solely confined to the story concerning male footballers who have or are intending to identify their preference in the matters of sex.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

PokerMatt

It's sad that anyone cares or anyone has to say they don't care.

I think the UK has got to the point now where no-one will bat an eyelid, but I fear the sport world, football in particular, is way behind. Although that could be because gay players have up to now lived in fear about disclosing it. Hopefully this will help and it turns out footballer views reflect the rest of society.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Vinnieffc

I think they should keep quiet as it's nobody elses business. I never felt the need in my workplace to 'come out ' as straight. Why should it be any different for gay guys ?