watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That Russian film i was harping on about is on tonight

Started by FatFreddysCat, July 31, 2010, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

9th company film four 12.40. Based on a true story about young Russians training and going to Afganistan, dont watch it though if you cant handle subtitles, as i said it's a Russian Film. Have a look out for Snow White in it. I think Suffolk White was the only other person who had seen it, and he owns the Band of Brothers box set, without it in your collection you are not a real man  :028: . Now watch it yer wimps. Right i'm off out to work.

FatFreddysCat

Ok not much interest, but dont blame me when it's named in the top 20 films ever list and you haven't seen it. Go on Sky Plus it.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

is it the one about the russian tank crew? if so I saw it a couple of years ago and you are correct it's a blinding film :54:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 31, 2010, 06:38:22 PM
is it the one about the russian tank crew? if so I saw it a couple of years ago and you are correct it's a blinding film :54:
Nope, though i have that on DVD as well. This is much better Syd.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 31, 2010, 06:46:03 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 31, 2010, 06:38:22 PM
Nope, though i have that on DVD as well. This is much better Syd.
ooooooooooooooooooooo I'll have to have alook at that then,thanks for the heads up Mr Cat :59:

alfie

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 31, 2010, 10:00:51 AM
9th company film four 12.40. Based on a true story about young Russians training and going to Afganistan, dont watch it though if you cant handle subtitles, as i said it's a Russian Film. Have a look out for Snow White in it. I think Suffolk White was the only other person who had seen it, and he owns the Band of Brothers box set, without it in your collection you are not a real man  :028: . Now watch it yer wimps. Right i'm off out to work.

Phew at least i have the BOB box set, i am the man in my house (well my wife said i could say that)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SuffolkWhite

Don't get "Every Mans war" or "Only the Brave" they just don't do it for me.

I did watch the Daniel Graig one called "Defiance" and thought it a good watch. It's about the Jews who became Guerrilla fighters against the Nazi's in Russian forest's.

None are band of Brothers though.

I got "Lawrence of Arabia" on DVD the other day and enjoyed that again, some of the old one's are very good.

There you are, my He man qualities demonstrated once again Fredster, "oh hang on! I can hear the Mrs calling gotta go".
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

leonffc

Yeah I'll record it. I'm partial to the odd subtitle

licker

If you peeps are interested in old movies and TV series i can recommend this site ........

http://www.tv-memories.com/home

Can recommend an early series by Lynda La Plante called Civvies, Its about a group of Paras who come home but cant handle civvie life, decide to go back as Guerrillas. At £4.99 for a series of six episodes on one DVD its well worth getting.

Agreed its no Band of Brothers, but it is raw and bloody and well worth a look.

Bill.

leonffc

Quote from: licker on August 01, 2010, 02:12:13 PM
If you peeps are interested in old movies and TV series i can recommend this site ........

http://www.tv-memories.com/home

Can recommend an early series by Lynda La Plante called Civvies, Its about a group of Paras who come home but cant handle civvie life, decide to go back as Guerrillas. At £4.99 for a series of six episodes on one DVD its well worth getting.

Agreed its no Band of Brothers, but it is raw and bloody and well worth a look.

Bill.

Did that end with the Dire Straights song 'brothers in arms' (I think), had the lyrics over miscovered mountains I think?

licker

Yeah thats the one Leon. :045:

KiwiFulham

leonffc

leonffc

Quote from: licker on August 01, 2010, 08:49:48 PM
Yeah thats the one Leon. :045:

Quality. I remember it. I was actually trying to think of what it was called a few weeks back (thinking Brothers in arms). I may purcahse that.
Cheers Bill