watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would you like to sign in January?

Started by Andy S, November 01, 2015, 01:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

So what is our weakness at the moment and should we be in a play off position in January who do you think would be a good addition

fulhamben

Husband and Dembele on a new contract would do me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Some question. Got to agree with Ben, I'd be more than happy with a Dembele extension and a permanent deal for James Husband.

I'm not convinced we've got business to do - I'll be surprised if anyone comes in. We could do with a real winger, but that can wait until the summer, we still have some decent options with George Williams coming back to full fitness, Alex Kacaniklic doing ok and Ryan Fredericks an option on the right too.

If we look at our depth chart:

GK - Bettinelli, Lonergan, Lewis
RB - Fredericks, Richards, Grimmer
CB - Stearman, Ream, Burn, Hutchinson
LB - Husband, Garbutt
RM - Cairney, Kacaniklic
CM - O'Hara, Tunnicliffe, Parker, Christensen, Matilla
LM - Pringle, G.Williams
ST - McCormack, Dembele, Smith, Woodrow

As I say, a winger that can play either side wouldn't go amiss, but that's not a half bad squad. Depth and options all over the park. I don't think there's any real "like-for-likes" there - could argue Tunnicliffe and Parker. I'm looking at players that don't play much for their sides in the Premier League that we could nab on a loan until the end of the season - a player like Bertrand Traore, Lloyd Dyer, Aiden McGeady, Wayne Routledge - three of them are yet to play a minute this season, the other one (Routledge) has started just twice.

I think we're sorted elsewhere for the season then really, though again, a real direct winger would be the final weapon in the armoury needed to take a real charge at promotion.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on November 01, 2015, 01:20:23 AM

This woild.be am excellemt January window.

David Allen Crankshaw

It would be nice if we could convince Hyndman to sign a new contract and that he has a future at Fulham especially as we will be in the Premier League next season.

alexmur

That would do me too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MJG

If we find ourselves in the mix come January and with a really good chance, I would sign another striker probably on loan who is pacy and tricky. It would be as backup and competition for those already here. When your. Pushing for promotion I do think think you can have too may strikers to change very all options.
See too many playoff/promotion chance teams fail as their strikers run out of luck,  goals and get injuries.

grandad

I hope that Dembele is being offered a decent wage commensurate with other members of the squad he is playing with. This may prompt Hyndman to realize that if he knuckles down, learns his trade, puts on some physical muscle he also could have a future here
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

James Husband would be my first priority for obvious reasons. In a 3-5-2 he's next to perfect. Young and English too. He should be someone we pay over the odds to get.

Liam Bridcutt would be my next target. He's not getting game time, he's young, proven in the league, and is probably surplus up in Sunderland. He can play in a number of positions and would fit our style of play well.

Next, I know that Moussa has come on massively, but I still think we're a bit short on quality up top. James Wilson from Utd would fit the bill as a pacier striker who'd come here desperate to impress.

Getting Moussa a new contract is obviously a big priority too.

So, for me, knowing that we won't have a huge amount to spend, James Husband, Liam Bridcutt, James Wilson (most likely on loan) and Moussa on a new deal would make for a very, very decent January. Oh, and I'd love to say "Hyndman on a new deal too" but I just can't see it happening, unfortunately.

st andrews

According to reports last week we cant sign anyone

JHaynes Paperboy

:plus one:

Plus Jordan Rhodes, just in case Dembele does'nt sign.

JackyFulham90

Like others have said Dembele on a long term deal.
Husband loan extended until the end of the season or even better signed on a permanent.
Maybe a winger & a ST incase we get an injury to Ross

Berserker

Another striker
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on November 01, 2015, 09:18:51 AM
:plus one:

Plus Jordan Rhodes, just in case Dembele does'nt sign.
Jordan Rhodes won't come. Let alone in January. He's well above our price range.
Although he'd bang in goals, I'd still like to give Dembele and McCormack a lot more playing time to make them a real force.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

simplyfulham

I agree with the overall consensus that the squad is pretty balanced at the moment. Anyone we bring in would need to be of sufficient quality to improve the squad.

With that in mind I would look at bringing in:

Danny Graham

Leon Britton

Albert Adomah/Demarai Gray

Bronaldinho

James Husband on a permanent deal.

Moussa Dembele, Dan Burn to new deals.

I think that's all we need to do, we've got a terrific squad.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

General

If one cb got injured and another suspended for any reason we'd be back to shipping goals again.  I would like to see one more reliable cb brought in along with moussa, husband and hyndman deals.

Alexis

Fulham 来了!

res

Quote from: FPT on November 01, 2015, 01:43:59 AM
Some question. Got to agree with Ben, I'd be more than happy with a Dembele extension and a permanent deal for James Husband.

I'm not convinced we've got business to do - I'll be surprised if anyone comes in. We could do with a real winger, but that can wait until the summer, we still have some decent options with George Williams coming back to full fitness, Alex Kacaniklic doing ok and Ryan Fredericks an option on the right too.

LB - Husband, Garbutt
RM - Cairney, Kacaniklic
LM - Pringle, G.Williams

As I say, a winger that can play either side wouldn't go amiss, but that's not a half bad squad. Depth and options all over the park. I don't think there's any real "like-for-likes" there - could argue Tunnicliffe and Parker. I'm looking at players that don't play much for their sides in the Premier League that we could nab on a loan until the end of the season - a player like Bertrand Traore, Lloyd Dyer, Aiden McGeady, Wayne Routledge - three of them are yet to play a minute this season, the other one (Routledge) has started just twice.

I think we're sorted elsewhere for the season then really, though again, a real direct winger would be the final weapon in the armoury needed to take a real charge at promotion.

Plus Bodoruv, I assume he's still with us albeit out of favour

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: res on November 02, 2015, 08:53:04 AM
Quote from: FPT on November 01, 2015, 01:43:59 AM

LB - Husband, Garbutt
RM - Cairney, Kacaniklic
LM - Pringle, G.Williams

Plus Bodoruv, I assume he's still with us albeit out of favour
Kay Voser too

Quote from: Alexis on November 02, 2015, 08:25:40 AM
A decent backup fullback.

This would be my number 1 priority. Boro might not want us to keep Husband any longer, likewise Everton and Garbutt - I believe there is a January recall option.

At right back, Grimmer is still injured, and I'm never comfortable with 2 players in any position, let alone defence. Jose Enrique at Liverpool is getting no game time. Loan deal for him would be ok
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507