watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

For MJG ....November FST Meeting

Started by Riversider, November 02, 2015, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Mike if you are attending the next FST meeting can I ask you to raise a question ?
What I would like to ask is this, " Has an agreement been reached yet with a construction partner for The Riverside Stand development ? "
If the answer is no, then when do they expect the announcement to be made ?
It's only six months now to the expected start date, being realistic for such a large development if it was going to start in May 2016 you would assume that an agreement was in place by now !
I would be interested in hearing any feedback that the club might have,
Thanks

MJG

I'll ask the question, but I would also say that its my understanding that there is a lot of preparation work (Outside of actual construction) in and on the river bank to be done. So may depend on who's down to do specific work. But do agree that it be nice to know who the main contractor is on the actual stand development.

I'm trying to lower you expectation that on the day after the last game the bulldozers and cranes will be moving in. ;-)

Riversider

I've got a builder coming round at 2pm to discuss a 4 metre kitchen extension, apparently it will be about 6 months before he can start !
Surely a development that Fulham have got planned the pre arranging will need years of forward planning rather than months,
I will stay my neck out and say that if a partner isn't in place by the time of your January meeting then it's not happening in Summer 2016 !
What say you ?

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on November 02, 2015, 01:15:55 PM
I've got a builder coming round at 2pm to discuss a 4 metre kitchen extension, apparently it will be about 6 months before he can start !
Surely a development that Fulham have got planned the pre arranging will need years of forward planning rather than months,
I will stay my neck out and say that if a partner isn't in place by the time of your January meeting then it's not happening in Summer 2016 !
What say you ?
Well the whole set of works is taking two years so I dont think the first person to sit in it will be till late 2018 anyway. For arguments sake the actual heavy stuff might not happen till late next year. So I'd not panic yet.

Burt

Mike, had a main contractor (Buckingham) been appointed, or was that just speculation in the end?

MJG

Quote from: Burt on November 02, 2015, 01:39:31 PM
Mike, had a main contractor (Buckingham) been appointed, or was that just speculation in the end?
They never signed at the time the press/rumour said they had.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on November 02, 2015, 01:42:03 PM

Are they in place then or do the club need to go through the selection/appointment process again?

MJG

Quote from: Burt on November 02, 2015, 01:44:48 PM

Are they in place then or do the club need to go through the selection/appointment process again?
The last meeting I attended two months ago they(or anyone else) were not in place.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on November 02, 2015, 01:46:20 PM
Quote from: Burt on November 02, 2015, 01:44:48 PM

The last meeting I attended two months ago they(or anyone else) were not in place.

Thanks Mike. I'll leave you alone now  :dft011:

Berserker

Can you ask about not being able to pick you,re seat at away games anymore. I was put right on the back row Saturday, along with a guy who looked disabled and other people that looked like they didn't really want to be sat there eg elderly couple.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Quote from: Berserker on November 02, 2015, 03:10:51 PM
Can you ask about not being able to pick you,re seat at away games anymore. I was put right on the back row Saturday, along with a guy who looked disabled and other people that looked like they didn't really want to be sat there eg elderly couple.
Its been raised since start of the season.

Ticketmaster do not offer an away seat option with their software, which i believe is just something the club overlooked in its process of changing companies. A mistake on their part but Ive been told it cannot be resolved.

Its should also be remembered that its the home club that gives instructions on how the seats should be issued. Might have to be block by block and then sent out on a first come first served basis.

I wish there was a way to solve this but in a way its down to the fans to sort it themselves in the ground. saturday was the first away game this year where I think i have sat in the seats allocated to me. The problem really comes from those who want to stand or sit, where I was meant i had to stand the whole game, and for my 48 year old knees thats getting tougher.

Hull for example have designated stewards who go to away games and move all the all the standers to the back of blocks and move those who want to sit away from them. That might have to be one way the club go.

snarks

We also had people next to us that wnated to be in the back rows, so they just piled in to the gap, 4 people in the space for 2 seats. I think sending stewards to sort things out would be great. I am approaching an age when standing is OK but a sit down is a relief.

H4usuallysitting

The cost of steel over the last 2/3 years has dropped in price dramatically, but on site labour costs have risen - 1 might counteract the other since the last tenders came back (around £8 million)..... I think Buckingham's came in the cheapest last time