watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Play off place and why Brum game is so important

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, November 04, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

Now then, now then, you all know that Birmingham are near the top of the division and those that think we should/must win a fair number of games against the better teams are deluded, johnny-come-lately, glory-seeking miscreants who ought to jog off down the road and support somebody else. Play off place? Beat Birmingham? I have never heard the like of it!   

BedsFFC

To be fair, it's a game of two halves, I'm taking every game as it comes and I'll be as sick as a parrot if we lose to Brum

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: BedsFFC on November 05, 2015, 06:43:50 PM
To be fair, it's a game of two halves, I'm taking every game as it comes and I'll be as sick as a parrot if we lose to Brum

How did you do that, 3 clichés in one sentence   :021:
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 05, 2015, 06:44:59 PM

How did you do that, 3 clichés in one sentence   :021:

I once owned a Parrot that was as sick as a Footballer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: MJG on November 05, 2015, 01:07:02 PM
Quote from: Dixie on November 05, 2015, 01:00:07 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2015, 02:54:53 PM
As some know I never look at the 'teams'  and I'm more concerned with the points and games played.
Currently 6th place will be 79 points.  I expect it will be at the end of the season in the 75-77 range.  That's above my initial target of 73 which is the average for 6th place.
As such to get 77 we need 57 from 31 games.
To give you a better understanding of the form needed,  we would have 27/28  points today if we averaged that for first 15 games.

Can we be the 5/6th best team for rest of season?

so 19 wins from 31 games
or 13 wins and 18 draws would do it - we can surely go the rest of the season undefeated!!

Basically have 7 ways to reach 77 pts over next 31 games.

W---D---L
19--0--12
18--3--10
17--6--8
16--9--6
15--12--4
14--15--2
13--18--0

I see only these two are the way we can get it

17--6--8
16--9--6

A reminder we are 5-5-5 for first 15 games
I agree with your thoughts:

067.gif I see only these two are the way we can get it

17--6--8
16--9--6
067.gif

But I would maybe include: 18--3--10 as the team do appear to be gelling.
Of course, this could all change if we continue this bad luck run of injuries!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 05, 2015, 06:44:59 PM

How did you do that, 3 clichés in one sentence   :021:

This game is massive.  Then we just have to kick on.
Nogood "cliche couple, isit" Boyo

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2015, 07:57:40 PM
Myth buster
Last five season,  table at March 1st and then the end.

I wonder what this table would look like if it started on Jan  1st instead of March 1st?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

jarv

Hindsight....play off place?    064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Holders

I didn't reply to this thread at the time as I thought that Roger's point stood for itself. In hindsight, Khan obviously did as well. Let's just recap: 4-2 win over Reading after being 2-0 down to two careless goals, a loss at Burnley - not unexpected perhaps but in a game when a point would have been a fair result but for careless goals again. And then, a key game as Roger described, lost in such a way again largely down to careless goals conceded. I've not been one to denigrate Kit and I wished him success but I can see why, at this particular point, Khan should think that enough is enough coupled with the two-week break.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on November 07, 2015, 03:17:10 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 04, 2015, 07:57:40 PM
Myth buster
Last five season,  table at March 1st and then the end.

I wonder what this table would look like if it started on Jan  1st instead of March 1st?
Just giving me work to do...anyway here it is.
No team which was 4 pts or more away from 8th place on the 1st of Jan made the playoffs.
Teams and pts away from 8th place that made the playoffs
Wigan 2pts
Brighton 1pt
Birmingham 3pts
Blackpool 1pt
Reading 1pt
Forest 1pt

ScalleysDad

The stats, the forecasts and the percentages are all very interesting in their way but is the key point not the one that says we are simply not good enough to even think about top six let alone promotion. The eleven that started on Saturday, or more correctly the players that put some effort in, were simply blown away in all aspects of the game. If we need stats the most important one for me was lasting a mere 38 minutes which is about an eighth of the time it took to get to the ground. The umpteenth rebuild coming up, an armband change, at least a season consolidating a methodology we haven't had for some time and a play off push 2017.

Before I get lambasted for a lack of loyalty I really ought to have been somewhere else anyway but my faith in this rabble is limitless. My half season ticket email will however stay in the pending tray for now.