watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

is there any truth to us going after that crowd up the roads first team coach for the job surly he has no experience in championship promotion

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

According too sky bet, for what it's worth, Gary Rowett is second Favourite and curbs third
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

MJG

Quote from: Ordar on November 24, 2015, 08:48:20 AM
Its all gone very very quiet
Which given the leaks (Whoever they were from) over Clarke on Thursday is possibly not a bad thing.

jelmo

It really shouldn't take this long to appoint a new manager. It's pretty embarrassing but I guess we are used to this sort of ineptitude now.

cmg

Which is more inept? To take a large amount time appointing the man you judge ideal or rush into appointing someone you deem not to be exactly what you want?

Presumably someone crap and overpriced could be appointed immediately. I'm ready.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: jelmo on November 24, 2015, 09:13:21 AM
It really shouldn't take this long to appoint a new manager. It's pretty embarrassing but I guess we are used to this sort of ineptitude now.

I'd rather them take all the time they need if it means getting the right guy..

mikestrand

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 24, 2015, 05:44:31 AM
Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 10:53:42 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 23, 2015, 09:57:49 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on November 23, 2015, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 23, 2015, 09:37:10 PM
Why is he best choice when really all you are getting is 1/3rd of his management team? He might be like Samson without his hair.
He put the coaching team together , picked the team and sorted out the tactics
why the attempt to discredit him?.

Do we really know which responsibilities each member of his staff held?

There's also a reason that he demands that he has both those coaches in his team. And the most likely reason is that he believes he'll perform better with them than without them.

Are you willing to pay what he'll require knowing that he'll not be able to give you his best?

If we are getting the whole package with him and the decision is to pay over the odds to get them all, then so be it. I'll support that. Seems too risky otherwise.
Hopefully demands that he wants both those coaches in his team are speculation, because we cant compete with premiership wages.
At the end of the he's the only boss in the frame who can say he's actually won the championship and as such is the less risky.

Without saying it outright, he's telling anyone who will listen that he needs those two coaches to be successful. 
True if true Toodles, but its all speculation.

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on November 24, 2015, 08:18:34 AM
According too sky bet, for what it's worth, Gary Rowett is second Favourite and curbs third
[/quote

So has this guy got all the managerial experience that Kit lacked, I suspect not.

MJG

Quote from: filham on November 24, 2015, 10:09:12 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 24, 2015, 08:18:34 AM
[/quote

So has this guy got all the managerial experience that Kit lacked, I suspect not.

Well he's managed 140 more games than Kit did so I'd say yes.

Riverside

Quote from: MJG on November 24, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Which given the leaks (Whoever they were from) over Clarke on Thursday is possibly not a bad thing.

Makes me think the leaks did not come from us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordar

So Gary Rowett is now favourite for the job on the majority of sites. Not that that means anything

MJG

Quote from: Riverside on November 24, 2015, 10:42:05 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 24, 2015, 08:50:33 AM

Makes me think the leaks did not come from us .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They didnt

KiwiWhite

We keep hearing that getting out of the Championship needs a special Manager/coach.

Has anyone at the club even picked up the phone and called the last Fulham Manager who successfully achieved this feat.

At least ask Jean Tigana  to leave China and repeat  the feat again. :medal: :medal:

fulham traveller

Get Gary Rowett now, this would be a top appointment, and he would have money to spend

mikestrand

Quote from: Ordar on November 24, 2015, 10:43:26 AM
So Gary Rowett is now favourite for the job on the majority of sites. Not that that means anything
We could get our fingers burnt clarke style again.
Virtually the same situation.

hovewhite

Neil D

Quote from: fulham traveller on November 24, 2015, 12:37:03 PM
Get Gary Rowett now, this would be a top appointment, and he would have money to spend
OK.  So he has a little more managerial experience that KS and a better win percentage but no proven record at Championship level. I don't see him as a qualitative improvement over Symons, more an upwards tweaking.  Current reports indicate that Jokanovic will cost too much to prise away from Tel Aviv.  That is a pity.  So, in the circumstances,...

HillingdonFFC

This Rowett thing wont go away, just cant see it happening in a million years though, be a great pluck if it does happen.
Did well at Burton and has completely transformed a very ordinary(at the time) Birmingham side