News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

Quote from: FPT on November 11, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
I did see! I think our squad now is better than that Brighton squad, though they had wingers to bring more out of the 433 (though with the loan window and January, there's time). 

Garcia is one I'd be happy to let build something at the football club for years. He comes across as one that'll give kids the opportunity to play too, gave Jake Forster-Caskey, Solly March, Rohan Ince their first proper full seasons appearance wise. I think that style and coaching would benefit a lot of our youngsters too, as well as the likes of Tom Cairney.
I agree our squad is better. Key for me is we have players who can play football. Which is key for him.

I think it's vital to have a coach who's willing to give the young players opportunities, both for us to improve as a club and to keep them with us until the time comes to sell for big money. I also think Garcia has unfinished business in England. He knows this league but isn't a dinosaur like some other options who also know this league.
Quote from: FPT on November 11, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
I did see! I think our squad now is better than that Brighton squad, though they had wingers to bring more out of the 433 (though with the loan window and January, there's time). 

Garcia is one I'd be happy to let build something at the football club for years. He comes across as one that'll give kids the opportunity to play too, gave Jake Forster-Caskey, Solly March, Rohan Ince their first proper full seasons appearance wise. I think that style and coaching would benefit a lot of our youngsters too, as well as the likes of Tom Cairney.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

@jolslover

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 11, 2015, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: FPT on November 11, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
I did see! I think our squad now is better than that Brighton squad, though they had wingers to bring more out of the 433 (though with the loan window and January, there's time). 

Garcia is one I'd be happy to let build something at the football club for years. He comes across as one that'll give kids the opportunity to play too, gave Jake Forster-Caskey, Solly March, Rohan Ince their first proper full seasons appearance wise. I think that style and coaching would benefit a lot of our youngsters too, as well as the likes of Tom Cairney.
I agree our squad is better. Key for me is we have players who can play football. Which is key for him.

I think it's vital to have a coach who's willing to give the young players opportunities, both for us to improve as a club and to keep them with us until the time comes to sell for big money. I also think Garcia has unfinished business in England. He knows this league but isn't a dinosaur like some other options who also know this league.
Quote from: FPT on November 11, 2015, 02:03:02 PM
I did see! I think our squad now is better than that Brighton squad, though they had wingers to bring more out of the 433 (though with the loan window and January, there's time). 

Garcia is one I'd be happy to let build something at the football club for years. He comes across as one that'll give kids the opportunity to play too, gave Jake Forster-Caskey, Solly March, Rohan Ince their first proper full seasons appearance wise. I think that style and coaching would benefit a lot of our youngsters too, as well as the likes of Tom Cairney.

Agree +1
STH H3

Neil D

OK.   It's settled.  Garcia it is then.  Someone ring Rigg and let him know.


f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

#464
Quote from: f321ffc on November 11, 2015, 08:14:33 PM
From TIFF, Serbian media RE Jokanovic talking to Fulham

http://www.mozzartsport.com/vesti/slavisa-jokanovic-se-vraca-u-cempionsip/120368

Translation , well sort of.

The English again want Slavišu Jokanovića. English expert who heads the Maccabee Tel Aviv as a player and as a coach left a trail on the island as očiggledno. According to the information of Island Press, Jokanovic was one of the candidates for coach Fulama.

The London Club is recently fired Dick Simmons, unhappy with the results so far of the season. Fulham has mapped out a plan to get the season back in the Premier League, but with Simmons that didn't work and after 16 cars, Fulham is at 12. place. The price paid for a coach, and in the choice of his successor should be careful because the Fulham no longer entitled to a mistake if he wants back into the elite.

Jokanovića recommended great last season with Votfordom when this Club brought to placement in the Premier League. However, he didn't get a chance to debut in the Premier League because the Club did not want to continue their cooperation. Then he made a great success with Makabijem ranking in the Champions League and the question is how the English feel to get Serb experts when he is contractually bound to the Israelites.

In addition to Jokanovića, as potential heirs to the Ismonsa in Fulham to Nigel Pearson, Alan Kurbišli, Steve Bruce, Uwe Rezler and Paul Lambert




Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

rusty shackleford



Swiss72

Take Lambert out of the list. He is going to Blackburn. 

Ichabod Magoo

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

NogoodBoyo



@jolslover

Would like Jokanovic, Would be happy with him. 5 man shortlist goes something like

Garcia, Jokanovic, Moyes (Unrealistic), Di Matteo, Laudrup
STH H3

MickyAdamsFamily

Allegedly seen in London. It would be a major coup if we could get him.
A bit of background info:

"...after the job he has done at this tiny French club, Jocelyn Gourvennec is now hot property and also catching the eye of other French clubs.
Outside of France it has largely passed people by but it is a remarkable story with Gourvennec at Guingamp.
Jocelyn Gourvennec was a decent midfielder with the likes of Nantes and Rennes, plus he had a short spell at Marseille, but he never played at senior level for France and maybe this has helped him keep a low profile.
At the age of only 38 he took over at Guingamp in summer 2010, with the club in the third tier of French football.
In his first season they were promoted to Ligue 2, in his second they stabilised in seventh place, before getting promotion to Ligue 1 in his third season.
That's not the end of the story as last season Gourvennec managed to keep them in Ligue 1 AND win the French Cup, a massive surprise to everybody over the channel.
This season, his fifth at the club, sees the 43 year old doing well in finishing in 10th place in Ligue 1 and having performed well in the Europa League..."

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

How and who recognized him and how was he brought to our attention ?
I know you're only the messenger  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES


..FOF..

A major coup would be someone who have some experience actually taking a team from Championship to the Premier League.


FPT

Interesting one, I did some researching of him after seeing him name popped into the hat a few days back and he seems to be the French Eddie Howe somewhat.

From this article:

"He has demonstrated the ability to extract the maximum from limited resources, is committed to playing entertaining football but is pragmatic enough not to let pure aesthetics cloud his judgment. ... Gourvennec is a coach who thinks about the game, gets his teams to play attractive football and looks to lay down long term plans and strategies. He's not a person hamstrung by ego having experienced the highs and lows in his football playing career."

And from another article: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2291796/jocelyn-gourvennec-guingamps-answer-to-jurgen-klopp

"It is important to play attractive football and win. I am not interested in playing nicely and losing. ... Gourvennec is a thinker, a philosopher who thrives when building long term strategy. His personal style is distinctly different to that of Jurgen Klopp."

Loz

A French manager could be handy in convincing Dembele to stay.
@LawrenceQuilty


Ichabod Magoo

Parlez-vous anglais ??
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Texas White


Holders

Quote from: ..FOF.. on November 12, 2015, 01:39:56 AM
A major coup would be someone who have some experience actually taking a team from Championship to the Premier League.



Like Tigana
Non sumus statione ferriviaria


MickyAdamsFamily

If your sole criteria is someone who has managed a team as they were promoted to the Premier League, your wishes have been granted; Llewellyn (Alan) Curbishley has achieved the feat twice.

westcliff white

Rigg mentioned experience surely this would not include this gentleman from France?
Every day is a Fulham day