more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling Syd version 2

The Rock

Would be great, but yes he is too good for us and we are not good enough for him.

Most importantly, Khan is cheap and he won't pay for a top notch manager.

Wimbledon_White

Neeeeeever gonna happen.

May as well put Guardiola in the mix; he's just as unlikely.

Wimbledon_White

I want someone with experience of gaining promotion out of the championship.

That said, there is something about the idea of Hasselbaink that really is rather intriguing.

Also, please don't anyone say "oh but he has Chelsea links"...we aren't rivals with Chelsea. Rivalry is a two way street and frankly, Chelsea couldn't care less about us. I'd have no qualms in hiring anyone with a Chelsea background.

aaronmcguigan

A league one manager no matter how big a name doesn't exactly scream.. "Bringing us to the higher level of success we expect...."

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on November 09, 2015, 06:29:17 PM
A league one manager no matter how big a name doesn't exactly scream.. "Bringing us to the higher level of success we expect...."

Gary Rowett is doing quite well at Birmingham City!?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: grandad on November 09, 2015, 11:33:38 AM
Jokanovic wanted his salary trebled when he got Watford promoted.
Why not, you have to pay for success!

J

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on November 09, 2015, 06:29:17 PM

Sort of, it depends how you look at things - someone who has been managing a team who wins things / gets promoted etc. in a lower league or abroad or whatever has a set of experiences and skills different to someone who has mainly been managing a team at a higher level, but not under pressure to win week in week out... Someone good at managing a team in the premier league with moderate expectations (i.e. not getting them relegated) might not translate into getting a team to win 4 out of 5 games.

davew

Quote from: MJG on November 09, 2015, 06:11:18 PM
Quote from: davew on November 09, 2015, 06:07:26 PM
Lack of experience!
3rd year of management, one promotion behind him, doing well in the next.

Whats your criteria then Dave? Just interested because seen so many names banded about today we need something to cut them down by.

Championship Exp?
Promotion  from Championship? (If so that rules Moyes out, come to think of it Moyes was last in the championship what 11/12 years ago?)
Out or in a job?
Worked within last 2 years?

Not picking on you, just lots to consider and no one candidate is perfect in any sense of the word.

Jim, I would opt for Steve Maclaren, a wealth of experience and somebody I think our squad would respect and play for. At the end of the day, a manager is just a manager and it is the players who can determine what result we get, which is why I don't hold KS 100% responsible for all our poor performances, though as you know I was definitely 1 of the Kit out brigade!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Tony

Quote from: davew on November 09, 2015, 07:13:19 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 09, 2015, 06:11:18 PM
Quote from: davew on November 09, 2015, 06:07:26 PM
Lack of experience!
3rd year of management, one promotion behind him, doing well in the next.

Whats your criteria then Dave? Just interested because seen so many names banded about today we need something to cut them down by.

Championship Exp?
Promotion  from Championship? (If so that rules Moyes out, come to think of it Moyes was last in the championship what 11/12 years ago?)
Out or in a job?
Worked within last 2 years?

Not picking on you, just lots to consider and no one candidate is perfect in any sense of the word.

Jim, I would opt for Steve Maclaren, a wealth of experience and somebody I think our squad would respect and play for. At the end of the day, a manager is just a manager and it is the players who can determine what result we get, which is why I don't hold KS 100% responsible for all our poor performances, though as you know I was definitely 1 of the Kit out brigade!
Dave W, I think you undervalue the role of a manager. I see a good manager as one who can make the team as a whole better than the sum of the individual players. So if you can combine a good manager and a good set of players, that should be a recipe for success. I would like to see the appointment of someone who has shown that they can get average players performing as a team, that outperforms another team with better players. (That might not be good English, but I hope you get what I mean).

fulhamben

This was posted earlier on tiff. Manager is all lined up. Week to finalise legal side with Symons and new manager. Name will split fans -- Lp.  Now I know it says no managers name, but lp was the poster who broke the Shad rumour two weeks before everyone else.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wimbledon_White

I am accepting that people are occasionally ITK but in this instance I am dubious.

Literally EVERY name mentioned this far has split opinion. His comments are so vague and 'bleeding obvious' that it makes me think it's someone trying to be smart.

Could be wrong mind.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 09, 2015, 08:21:40 PM
I am accepting that people are occasionally ITK but in this instance I am dubious.

Literally EVERY name mentioned this far has split opinion. His comments are so vague and 'bleeding obvious' that it makes me think it's someone trying to be smart.

Could be wrong mind.

yes, and I find it very annoying, if you are not going to tell us then why say anything at all. But if true, then due to the speed of it, it must be someone on the dole as we wouldn't have poached from another club that quickly.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on November 09, 2015, 08:17:25 PM
This was posted earlier on tiff. Manager is all lined up. Week to finalise legal side with Symons and new manager. Name will split fans -- Lp.  Now I know it says no managers name, but lp was the poster who broke the Shad rumour two weeks before everyone else.

Is LP also a contributor here? The initials do not ring a bell. I don't go onto tiff, so I don't have a feeling for how much trust to give.

Also, let's be honest, if the manager were Guardiola, the supporters would still be split I'd imagine.

I had a feeling that the preliminaries were set in motion during Khan's visit, if not prior and all Kit had to do was maintain the inconsistency to keep the change coming. So, doesn't surprise me that this is happening quickly. I hope that it's true and that the man is a coach first and foremost and that his name inspires more folks than it turns off.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

copthornemike

Quote from: Domino 1879 on November 09, 2015, 05:21:13 PM
This is an interesting one for me.

I met him on a train up to Preston a couple of years back.  Very approachable and happy to chat about football matters.  Said FFC were a good club who played 'some good stuff' - mind you that was two years ago.
Came across as being totally passionate about the game, and as I said was quite happy to chat away for a good twenty mins with me.
Obviously expectations at MUFC were ludicrously high and the pressure on Moyes was maybe too much.  (In a way, his treatment was a bit like Roys at Anfield).

He's got to be worth considering but would he want to jump straight in to FFC so soon??
Interesting fact about Mr Moyes - his assistant at Real Sociedad was one Billy McKinlay (remember him) who has also left Sociedad!

cmg

FoF Expert Finds Flaw In New Manager's Plan For Success.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: cmg on November 09, 2015, 08:54:22 PM
FoF Expert Finds Flaw In New Manager's Plan For Success.

Oh that's brilliant
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Julius Geezer

ful123

Why are people talking about non proven and average managers.
Hasselbank being aired as a favourite.ffs last thing we need is another novice manager!
We are a route back to the premier league and can afford to be looking at a top manager not an also ran.

BestOfBrede

Moyes back to The Toffees and Martinez to the super Whites!