News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

really want moyes but I'd be happy enough with Pearson

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MJG

I don't believe those who say they couldn't care less abut anything apart from results.  If you feel like that then you would take Harry,  Warnock and others.  They get results so you wouldn't have a problem with them.

If we were top of the table but the manager was complete ***** and alienated the press, made us the hated club around because it's all about winning, that we'd be fine yes?

I know that's a real extreme look at things,  but surely you would not want that?

Neil D

Pearson does come over as a bit boorish but we backed Sanchez' anti-football for a while for saving us from the drop.  The fact is 90% of fans will support anyone and any style of football if it gets results.  Only the perennially deluded (such as Liverpool fans) believe they have a God-given entitlement to play the 'right' way and be successful. The rest of us have more realistic expectations.


RaySmith

As long as the manager gets on all right with the players - that they at least respect him - I'm not that bothered about his image. After all, Kit was criticised here for being too nice.

For me, results are the main thing. Fans aren't usually content with pretty football if the results aren't there.

Fulhamight

Football Managers are now, sadly, transitory beings, largely due to the fans expectations. Mr Pearson, as such,would be an admirable "needs must" short term manager. Once the job is complete, it's on.on,on to the next one ! If your'e a smart  :bump:club, like Leicester you hire your Ranieri, or if you're Norwich, get Houghton to organise your defence and then hire again for the Premier. Or am I being cynical ?

FPT

The Moyes story doesn't surprise me. He's a controlling weirdo, who highly relies on a long ball from the ball and aimless crosses into the box. He has no tactics, no ideas beyond that. As well as that, at Everton he was the 4th highest paid manager in the division and he earned more than any of his players. Roberto Martinez has taken the structure of Everton and made them a much more entertaining outfit with similar results. We can do better than David Moyes.


alexmur

Quote from: Fulhamight on November 14, 2015, 10:46:03 AM
Football Managers are now, sadly, transitory beings, largely due to the fans expectations. Mr Pearson, as such,would be an admirable "needs must" short term manager. Once the job is complete, it's on.on,on to the next one ! If your'e a smart  :bump:club, like Leicester you hire your Ranieri, or if you're Norwich, get Houghton to organise your defence and then hire again for the Premier. Or am I being cynical ?
I kind of agree with you. I think getting us promotion and competing in the premiership are 2 very different jobs and very hard to get the right manager/coach to do both. I maybe incredible optimistic but I think if we get moyes he could do both. I just hope we find out soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

longleigh10

Quote from: Buffalo76 on November 07, 2015, 04:23:20 PM
Pearson. No- nonsense type of manager.
He looks like Vinnie jones.. Does he behave like him too??!!
I support the up & coming youths of today
⚽

sunburywhite

If you think he is hard what about the two from Salford
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me


H4usuallysitting

wants the Fulham job.......thinking about it I can think of worse people, but not many

ron

Quote from: FPT on November 14, 2015, 11:02:20 AM
The Moyes story doesn't surprise me. He's a controlling weirdo, who highly relies on a long ball from the ball and aimless crosses into the box. He has no tactics, no ideas beyond that. As well as that, at Everton he was the 4th highest paid manager in the division and he earned more than any of his players. Roberto Martinez has taken the structure of Everton and made them a much more entertaining outfit with similar results. We can do better than David Moyes.
[/b][/color]

I really don't think we can. Experience, discipline and singularity of purpose are exactly the qualities we need at the moment.

ron

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 11:28:23 AM
wants the Fulham job.......thinking about it I can think of worse people, but not many

D'you know, I don't think I can... :49:


rusty shackleford

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 11:28:23 AM
wants the Fulham job.......thinking about it I can think of worse people, but not many

Hitler? Magath? Shia Lebouef?

If Warnock gets the job i think im out

Skatzoffc

I'd like Moyes or Pearson.

Leicester played nice football under Pearson, So along with his occasional press foul ups, some of which were quite amusing I'd be happy.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: RaySmith on November 14, 2015, 10:11:31 AM
As long as the manager gets on all right with the players - that they at least respect him - I'm not that bothered about his image. After all, Kit was criticised here for being too nice.

For me, results are the main thing. Fans aren't usually content with pretty football if the results aren't there.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !


rusty shackleford

Anybody who says "we can do better than David Moyes" is gonna be severely disappointed.

Max Headroom

Really? He's not a bad manager. Treated badly by qpr. I want Pearson (at least today) not warnock, but please.....

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 14, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
Anybody who says "we can do better than David Moyes" is gonna be severely disappointed.

so we are going to get a manager who has flopped big time in his last 3 jobs as opposed to just the last 2 jobs that moyes has flopped in. Moyes done a great job at Everton but has been terrible since he left. He is by no means a messiah or guaranteed to do a good job where ever he turns up next.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.


Neil D

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on November 13, 2015, 11:37:00 PM

http://sport360.com/article/european/45126/phil-ball-where-did-it-all-go-wrong-david-moyes-real-sociedad

Interesting article - thanks.  It does suggest that those who go abroad as players or managers from this country often do so with an inability and unwillingness to embrace the culture and, above all, the language of their hosts.  It is a recipe for failure.  I am reminded of Ian Rush who had a full year's notice of his transfer to Juventus.  During this time he took no Italian lessons (much to Juventus' displeasure) and, inevitably, failed professionally and socially.  


epsomraver

Quote from: Max Headroom on November 14, 2015, 11:50:41 AM
Really? He's not a bad manager. Treated badly by qpr. I want Pearson (at least today) not warnock, but please.....


Warnock was heard to tell a player by the dugout at Fulham to go out and break a players leg, do we really want someone like him? Walked out of Palace as soon as £ notes rustled? not for me that would be the end if Colin was appointed, hope this is just lazy journo.