more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 20, 2015, 03:30:18 AM
Being stuffed 5 2 at home to Brum, to inflict our second defeat in  four days, and conceding eight goals in our last two matches, is far from stability, in fact it's more of a crisis. 

I think you'll find that's about par for the course in the championship.

NorfolkJim

If we win tomorrow it could be Curbs

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: f321ffc on November 20, 2015, 11:43:58 AM
"He had the support of the players (one excluded)"
Care to expand on this

Hyndman I think.

mikestrand

Quote from: Chutney on November 20, 2015, 09:43:46 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 20, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
We have heard now from Clarke his side of the storey "I wasn't close to joining Fulham. I got permission to speak to them, we had a chat and I came back here the next day"  so where do we go now and who will it be, and will FFC make any statement on this.

I'd like to think they hadn't put all their eggs in one basket and that they were talking to other managers in the meantime.
I'd like to think that as well   lol

Rudolph

I'd sooner have the Male Cancer Awareness Campaign's Mr Testicles barking out the orders than Kit. 

Hersham Henry

What a waste of the international break!

WoodyFFC73

I said on another thread, probably just as well leaving Alan there for the moment. And if he wins the next 6 games on the spin.....

davew

Quote from: NorfolkJim on November 20, 2015, 12:12:13 PM
If we win tomorrow it could be Curbs
Hope we win, but no Curbs thanks!! If he was that good he would have been appointed in charge before now or maybe not (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

copthornemike

Quote from: f321ffc on November 20, 2015, 09:42:07 AM
We have heard now from Clarke his side of the storey "I wasn't close to joining Fulham. I got permission to speak to them, we had a chat and I came back here the next day"  so where do we go now and who will it be, and will FFC make any statement on this.
I would not expect FFC to make any statement until either a new manager is signed, sealed and delivered or they decide to appoint Alan Curbishley as an interim Manager - and in a way that is the way it should be.
As for whom (other than Curbishley) the next manager will turn out to be I haven't a clue - a bit like trying to predict our next performance on the pitch. We could win 4-0, lose 4-0 or play out a boring 0-0.
As for Clarke in retrospect maybe we cannot be too surprised. We do know he was interviewed by the Gang of Five and they were impressed, but Kit was always going to get the gig due to the impressive initial turnaround of the club's results. So no surprise that FFC requested permission to talk to him - the surprising thing is that Reading allowed us to. One thing is that FFC have not been accused of making an illegal approach - it appears to have been done in the correct manner.
Apparently the Thai owners had let it be known that they had expressed to Clarke they were unhappy about their recent poor run of results (which started when they played us remember, they would have gone to second if they had got a result against us).
It cannot be too surprising he thought it might be an idea to see if the grass was greener on the other side in the present circumstances when given permission to do so.
Maybe this was an opportunity for the Thai owners to 'remind' him he is expendable, or even make  a quick and opportune profit when current results are poor and expectations raised after a better than expected start.
Maybe Clarke would only come here with his whole gang of support staff and Reading or FFC would not agree to this.
Maybe Reading insisted on a level of compensation, for losing staff who were on contract, which was unreasonable (the Thai owners are business men after all, not supporters) and / or would put FFC at risk of falling foul of the FFP rules.
Maybe Clarke did not feel comfortable with Rigg giving a 'lets talk about the eventual divorce' speech which he suggested he had early on with Kit.
Whatever the reason I would not expect FFC to put this in the public forum now and Clarke has no option other than to publicly state that Reading were the better proposition and his current bosses would expect it.
Probably the biggest loser out of the whole saga will turn out to be Clarke - especially if their current poor run were to continue.

alexmur

Quote from: Roberty on November 20, 2015, 09:52:28 AM
If that is the case who told the press

We are famous for keeping secrets so presumably it was Reading who spilled the beans

Do you think Reading were hoping to save having to pay compensation to him when he gets fired sometime soon ?
with reading under new owners I'd say they were delighted to get rid of him plus a fee. for Clarke reputation he had to stay if anyone spent that money and got a new team in a just jumped ship he would find it very hard to get a job after. I was happy to have him but I'm very relived it's not him hopefully the club pulls out all the stops and gets someone great (moyes) to save us from this embarrassing situation.

moyes,  Pearson,  or Rodgers please

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alexmur

Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on November 20, 2015, 12:44:27 PM
I said on another thread, probably just as well leaving Alan there for the moment. And if he wins the next 6 games on the spin.....
and becomes another kit situation

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jarv

I guess the powers that be do NOT read FoF.  I am still waiting for the call after posting my high school girls defensive talents...games played 16 goals conceded 7.
092.gif

jarv

I see this has been read over 52000 times. Didn't know we had that many fans !!!!

So, next manager, who knows. Has the last 2 years turned Fulham into another poison chalice?  Like Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds, England (pre Roy), Scotland (post Bertie Voghts).  The owner needs to step forward, make statements which suggest this is a VERY attractive job.

As for Riggs, strikes me as a tough uncompromising guy. Not sure if it is  just hot air to stretch his ego.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on November 20, 2015, 01:53:03 PM
I see this has been read over 52000 times. Didn't know we had that many fans !!!!

So, next manager, who knows. Has the last 2 years turned Fulham into another poison chalice?  Like Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds, England (pre Roy), Scotland (post Bertie Voghts).  The owner needs to step forward, make statements which suggest this is a VERY attractive job.

As for Riggs, strikes me as a tough uncompromising guy. Not sure if it is  just hot air to stretch his ego.
51000 of them was Rigg checking in to give him some ideas
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

great news if it happens and I hope it does.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 19, 2015, 06:57:14 PM
Maybe to get out of paying any compensation to Reading - Steve Clarke has changed his name to Frederic Hantz

064.gif   :54:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Mac_21

Just got a text from a mate who's a QPR fan saying Neil Warnock isn't attending their game vs Boro tonight as he's at MP having an interview. Really not a fan, far worse than Pearson. Horrible little man, really hope it's not true.

alexbishop

Think your QPR mate is stitching you up. Think there's probably more personal reasons for Warnock not attending tonight than just because he has a job interview.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

snarks

I've spoken to a few people in the place where I work, as Southampton had Pearson as manager for a while. He kept them up in the championship with a very poor squad (that were relegated to league 1 after he was sacked because the chairman didn't like him as he was the previous regimes appointment).

They rate him. I will put the leicester incidents down to an abberation and lack of media skill, of all those mentioned and given Curbs is not being considered and moyes not being interested. He is the one that stands out from the bunch.

All the talk of Jokanovic and Garcia seem more like paper talk or a wish list than practical or optional