News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith


MarryMeWRoy

I have never before spent so much time on Wikipedia looking up the names of managers being touted for the Fulham 'Head Coach' job.  And, as like the Exec of Fulham FC, I am still clueless as to who they might appoint!

spikey norman

See FPT's post on official next manager thread which has good breakdown of who Holland is.


Tom_FFC

Interesting enough, the Reading owner has come out and said we would pay ANY compensation for Clarke.

"I actually didn't tell them what was in Steve's contract," he said. "They just said they would pay.

So it was Clarke turning us down as opposed to a compensation fee not being agreed.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-chief-executive-warns-10477177?

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

CincyFulham1

Isn't betting just speculation with money.


BigbadBillyMcKinley

On a brighter note, I'm 40/1.

If they wanna approach me I'll certainly listen to what they've got planned.... 082.gif
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alexbishop

Quote from: Tom_FFC on November 21, 2015, 09:21:14 AM
Interesting enough, the Reading owner has come out and said we would pay ANY compensation for Clarke.

"I actually didn't tell them what was in Steve's contract," he said. "They just said they would pay.

So it was Clarke turning us down as opposed to a compensation fee not being agreed.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-chief-executive-warns-10477177?

This is just pathetic childish stuff really.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

CincyFulham1

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 21, 2015, 10:15:17 AM
On a brighter note, I'm 40/1.

If they wanna approach me I'll certainly listen to what they've got planned.... 082.gif

Not bad odds for a man who's never managed in the championship. :)


BigbadBillyMcKinley

You say that, but I did win the Champions League with Fulham on Football Manager once.

Also got relegated, but I like to look at the positives  :005:
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: alexbishop on November 21, 2015, 10:16:26 AM
Quote from: Tom_FFC on November 21, 2015, 09:21:14 AM
Interesting enough, the Reading owner has come out and said we would pay ANY compensation for Clarke.

"I actually didn't tell them what was in Steve's contract," he said. "They just said they would pay.

So it was Clarke turning us down as opposed to a compensation fee not being agreed.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-chief-executive-warns-10477177?

This is just pathetic childish stuff really.

Like I said in another thread, it may seem Fulham look the fools here. But when you think about it I reckon Reading come out looking even worse and certainly not any better.

You could argue they now have as many question marks over the club as us. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the relationship between Clarke and chairman is now tarnished and he won't get the patience if he doesn't pick up results. I'll predict Clarke out before January
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fulhamfocusff@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

alexbishop

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 21, 2015, 10:27:52 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on November 21, 2015, 10:16:26 AM
Quote from: Tom_FFC on November 21, 2015, 09:21:14 AM
Interesting enough, the Reading owner has come out and said we would pay ANY compensation for Clarke.

"I actually didn't tell them what was in Steve's contract," he said. "They just said they would pay.

So it was Clarke turning us down as opposed to a compensation fee not being agreed.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-chief-executive-warns-10477177?

This is just pathetic childish stuff really.

Like I said in another thread, it may seem Fulham look the fools here. But when you think about it I reckon Reading come out looking even worse and certainly not any better.

You could argue they now have as many question marks over the club as us. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the relationship between Clarke and chairman is now tarnished and he won't get the patience if he doesn't pick up results. I'll predict Clarke out before January

No I totally agree. We are keeping our lips very much sealed which I think is right. Reading coming out of this look really bad blabbing all this crap to the media. They are very much on the defensive and we are just continuing to do our business quietly. Yes it is taking time and yes there should be questions asked as to why it is taking so long to appoint but at least we aren't lumped with a manager who is looking for opportunities elsewhere.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop


CincyFulham1

Technically your the best manager we've ever had.

filham

 What we really need to see is a list o people who are prepared to come to Fulham and work for Rigg as Head Coach. Right now Rigg must be desperate for such a list.

Carborundum

Quote from: alexbishop on November 21, 2015, 10:16:26 AM
Quote from: Tom_FFC on November 21, 2015, 09:21:14 AM
Interesting enough, the Reading owner has come out and said we would pay ANY compensation for Clarke.

"I actually didn't tell them what was in Steve's contract," he said. "They just said they would pay.

So it was Clarke turning us down as opposed to a compensation fee not being agreed.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fcs-chief-executive-warns-10477177?

This is just pathetic childish stuff really.
Agreed.  Classic dissembling and misinformation that people resort to when in a tight spot and have some explaining to do.  Of course Fulham didn't ask what is in Mr Clarke's contract.  A quick call to Mr Clarke's agent would have already given them the information.

Based on an insightful post from a well connected poster on here, I'd guess that Fulham verbally agreed a compensation sum with someone high up at Reading and then spoke with Mr Clarke.  They then found that the verbal agreement wasn't worth the paper they, perhaps naively, hadn't got it written on because Reading then upped the ante to an unacceptable level.  Out of pocket and fearing loss of face when this old-as-the-hills ploy became known, Fulham backed out.

Speculative I know, just my guess at what happened.  I'll go back to reading my Dan Brown novel.


gang

I'm German if that helps my application, I understand there was one before me but he was mad; oh no, so am I.

Neil D

Quote from: gang on November 21, 2015, 11:10:03 AM
I'm German if that helps my application, I understand there was one before me but he was mad; oh no, so am I.
Is 'gang' short for Wolfgang?

Neil D

A coach with no managerial experience - seems ideal.  For Rigg, anyway.


filham

So, we are now right back to square one where we were when Kit was sacked. Have we another two weeks of speculation, rumour and uncertainty, with disappointment at the end of it, to look forward to or will Rigg perhaps find a more direct route to find his man.

This thread is getting pretty long, could make a couple of thousand posts.

toshes mate

I must admit to being nonplussed by the activity of the Board after Kit's dismissal.  From a encouraging starting point (the Rigg video) it seems the Steve Clarke fiasco was a complete public relations mess, with one report suggesting he was paid for being spoken to after Reading had postponed a press conference for twenty four hours.  I had already put two and two....   But, guys, being Fulham we are getting much more familiar with silly games on something as important as a decent head coach.  Meanwhile Curbs holds the rein for MK Dons, and who knows how many games to follow.  The timing of Kit's dismissal wasn't especially clever recruitment wise (it could have come earlier - e.g. after the Charlton game when panic set in for all the wrong reasons) and now the Fulham board are going to have to stick their necks out and hope fortune will be kind to them because the pulling power of the Club is in decline.  Personally I'd go for someone who adds a bit of sparkle to the game, with a penchant for spirited play, passion, but with discipline in defence.