watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

So that makes whoever we do appoint now 5th choice is it??? Form an orderly queue everyone...

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: rusty shackleford on November 27, 2015, 05:24:03 PM
Is there anywhere us regular joes can apply? Must have a decent shout at this stage?

I reckon a decent Championship Manager (PC game) CV should suffice. Maybe taking a team like Crawley to the Champo Leaguo will do it?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Ordar

You have to admit, this is pretty funny now.

Only Curbs, Clark and Pearce are interested in the job. And I wouldn't want any of those....

I don't know where we go from here. I can't see us eventually getting anyone good now, unless we throw big money at someone. We'll probably end up with Ramsey....or even worse Carver

Max Headroom

we need to relax. We are not man utd. Rowett is doing a good job at Birmingham, why would he move to us? Clarke similarly at Reading. We will be fine, and will end up with a decent manager I am sure, but I can guarantee it will not be someone everyone is happy with, so we need to chill, breathe and relax.

Neil D

'Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first render clueless...' To paraphrase a little.

Fulham76

Quote from: Ordar on November 27, 2015, 05:30:45 PM
You have to admit, this is pretty funny now.

Only Curbs, Clark and Pearce are interested in the job. And I wouldn't want any of those....

I don't know where we go from here. I can't see us eventually getting anyone good now, unless we throw big money at someone. We'll probably end up with Ramsey....or even worse Carver

Khan is such a good businessman, I just can't understand how things are such a mess at our club???

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Ordar

Just to add to this. I was most certainly in the Kit out camp, but he should never have been released without someone else lined up. We've basically thrown away 2 games against MK and Preston who are 2 of the worst teams in the division. (Granted we haven't played tomorrow yet)

There is quite obviously something in the set up or ambition of the club that is putting people off. It can't just be money, and surely the head coach thing can't be that big of a deal due to how widespread that set up is in football now

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: f321ffc on November 27, 2015, 05:34:07 PM
Next one on the list , Paul Tisdale.

He's a snappy dresser. Never seen that much colour on a manager.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

Birmingham fan I work with Believes Rowett has resigned, he and a few mates are livid about it, I gotta admit I love all the rumours just makes me laugh.

We are not attractive as we have had 5 managers in 18/20 months, we look like a club in turmoil that's why people will shun us or think they can dictate to us and then change terms for more if they feel like. IF you keep sacking then only one way to go, we need to build for the long term not expect a quick fix
Every day is a Fulham day

f321ffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on November 27, 2015, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on November 27, 2015, 05:34:07 PM
Next one on the list , Paul Tisdale.

He's a snappy dresser. Never seen that much colour on a manager.

You should see him when he`s going somewhere special, like Craven Cottage.

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Domino1879

Just splash the cash and get Moyes and McKinley.
No compensation there.
Deal to end of season with big kicker for promotion.
Please?

westcliff white

MOyes wants time off till January and wants premier league, he said it in an interview a week or so ago

Riverside

It really is all rumours . The only one I think we can be fairly sure about is an approach for Clarke . The rest ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Ageroad

I know many of you will not be interested but any news on the new QPR manager, or are they working down the same list as us and in the same queue, behind us?

Fulham76

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 27, 2015, 05:49:16 PM
I know many of you will not be interested but any news on the new QPR manager, or are they working down the same list as us and in the same queue, behind us?

I heard Jimmy floyd hasselbaink was virtually a done deal for them, but who knows. 

f321ffc

From Twitter @footyinsider247

"Fulham's pursuit of Gary Rowett has hit a snag over a legal issue with talks on the verge of breaking down, Football Insider sources understand.

Rowett emerged as the Londoners' No1 choice to replace Kit Symons after their failed pursuit of Reading's Steve Clarke and former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.

But a Fulham source has told Football Insider that discussions with the Birmingham manager have not progressed as smoothly as hoped due to a legal issue surrounding his release from the Midlands club.

It is the latest twist in what has been a fraught pursuit of a replacement for Symons, who was sacked at the start of the month"

fp.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham76

Quote from: f321ffc on November 27, 2015, 05:59:24 PM
From Twitter @footyinsider247

"Fulham's pursuit of Gary Rowett has hit a snag over a legal issue with talks on the verge of breaking down, Football Insider sources understand.

Rowett emerged as the Londoners' No1 choice to replace Kit Symons after their failed pursuit of Reading's Steve Clarke and former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.

But a Fulham source has told Football Insider that discussions with the Birmingham manager have not progressed as smoothly as hoped due to a legal issue surrounding his release from the Midlands club.

It is the latest twist in what has been a fraught pursuit of a replacement for Symons, who was sacked at the start of the month"

fp.gif

Sounds about right!

Domino1879

Quote from: westcliff white on November 27, 2015, 05:46:18 PM
MOyes wants time off till January and wants premier league, he said it in an interview a week or so ago

Yes I know.
But January will be soon here and money talks.
Would be a good challenge for Moyes! Lol

westcliff white

Quote from: Domino1879 on November 27, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 27, 2015, 05:46:18 PM

Yes I know.
But January will be soon here and money talks.
Would be a good challenge for Moyes! Lol
would be a good challenge for him for sure, however we cannot wait till the end of Jan on the chance he may not get a job in the prem