Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Quote from: gerrys on December 01, 2015, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 01, 2015, 09:20:07 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 01, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
I didn't even apply and yet she's also started following me!
Wow way to go..
I'll be resigning my current position tomorrow in time for the w/e!

I hope you all support me and my team.

Seedorf is the man though.

Sure would motivate everyone having someone of his class around the camp.

At 12/1 he's good for a bet too!

Hmm.......he owned Monza Calcio and sold it before they went bankrupt......was also Head Coach at A.C. Milan.....but not for very long.....

Sounds ominous...

Averaged 1.84 points at AC Milan, enough to earn a Champions League place in that league if he lasted the full season.

Worked in a Head Coach system before.

Could be a winner.

His presence and achievements would inspire the squad and the younger players, having someone like Seedorf to learn from Dembele could stay around :)
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

west kowloon white

Gary in- chances must be zero: a northerner through and through and must be on a good bung from Sky.Gotta say with the dross available, an innovative appointment ,which will piss of the sad types on here looks the way to go?

FulhamStu

I was saying many many times in the Spring that we should go for Warburton.  Keeping Kit on was a  massive error.  Warburton was available and I am sure we could have sold him the job back then.  Most of me would be delighted to have him as our manager however I will be pissed off that this should have been done 6 months ago.  Having said all that, I don't think Warburton will be coming, why would he leave Rangers at this time, just can't see it.

FPT

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 01, 2015, 09:59:19 PM
I was saying many many times in the Spring that we should go for Warburton.  Keeping Kit on was a  massive error.  Warburton was available and I am sure we could have sold him the job back then.  Most of me would be delighted to have him as our manager however I will be pissed off that this should have been done 6 months ago.  Having said all that, I don't think Warburton will be coming, why would he leave Rangers at this time, just can't see it.

Absolutely. I sort of appreciate that we gave Kit the opportunity, but we knew from December that Warburton was leaving Brentford once the season ended. It'd have been a much better situation had post-season we said thank you to Kit for steadying the ship but we wish to go in another direction, then there's potential for Kit to return to his U21 role (of which he's been very good) with the 'break up' being friendlier and less brutal.

Eh, beauty of hindsight and all. It'll cost us to get Warburton now - though I'm not convinced it'd be as much of a struggle as some of mentioned.

BedsFFC

Just listening to interviews on tonights games. I listened to Mark Hughes interview after taking Stoke to semi final.

I was invited to the academy years ago and walked passed Hughes Aston Martin with the number plate MH1.

Had we stuck with him, we would be in a far better place.....but I'm glad he's not our manager. Honestly true.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 01, 2015, 09:55:39 PM
Quote from: gerrys on December 01, 2015, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 01, 2015, 09:20:07 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 01, 2015, 09:15:59 PM
I didn't even apply and yet she's also started following me!
Wow way to go..
I'll be resigning my current position tomorrow in time for the w/e!

I hope you all support me and my team.

Seedorf is the man though.

Sure would motivate everyone having someone of his class around the camp.

At 12/1 he's good for a bet too!

Hmm.......he owned Monza Calcio and sold it before they went bankrupt......was also Head Coach at A.C. Milan.....but not for very long.....

Sounds ominous...

Averaged 1.84 points at AC Milan, enough to earn a Champions League place in that league if he lasted the full season.

Worked in a Head Coach system before.

Could be a winner.

His presence and achievements would inspire the squad and the younger players, having someone like Seedorf to learn from Dembele could stay around :)

Could be a really excellent appointment.
Sadly I don't think he quite fits the 'experience' (Championship or no) that Rigg set out.

Di Matteo anyone?
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

HatterDon

Grahame French?

A great winger when out of prison and not trying to snort the touchline!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mike_corkcity12

Have him for free last summer? Nah. Sack Kit. Publically rejected by Steve Clarke and then come crawling back for Warburton.

Lovely job Mike Rigg.

Wearethewhites

Won't happen, sorry. We'll end up with Advocaat on a rolling contract till the end of the year or something.

Woolly Mammoth

My understanding is, that they had their Christmas bash after the match Saturday, and were meant to come in again Monday for training. But the players had to come in on the Sunday, as they had brought another Coach in, and there maybe another Coach imminent. These I being brought in now to improve the situation, I am led to believe. I have no names of these coaches as yet, but if this is the case, they will not be keeping that a secret.
If all this turns out to be correct, then this will add to the speculation that no permanent appointment will be made this side of Christmas.
But a week in Football is a long time. 
I shall keep an open mind and see if there are any developments regarding these coaches, assuming my information is genuine.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mkras99

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach  2m2 minutes ago
#Rangers boss @MarkWarburton9 was again asked about the #FFC job after beating Dumbarton. "I can't keep saying it - I'm manager of Rangers"

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach  2m2 minutes ago
.@MarkWarburton9: "We have developed staff, brought staff in & we're in the middle of a project so I can't keep answering the same question"

Pev

Neville is now the favorite to take over according to the Metro ... is this the most random name thrown into the mix or what?!?
@Fulham_Boy

alexmur

Steve Stanton is available

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jarv

Evening Standard says 4/1 favourite..

Wearethewhites

Quote from: jarv on December 01, 2015, 11:12:19 PM
Evening Standard says 4/1 favourite..

Because someone put a tenner on him. Doesn't mean anything unfortunately, has far to many commitments to become the next FFC coach. 

Mokes

With the introduction of Uber to London, the black cabs are coming under threat. Word is John Sitton might be out of a job soon! Watch this space.

FPT

Man I wish we had kept with Rene Meulensteen (White Noise has brought him back into my mind on Twitter). One of the best pure coaches in the world, and treated him awfully. Would've liked to have seen him involved in the rebuild whether we were relegated or not. Instead of rebuilding from dropping from the Premier League and the cutting of the wage bill, we're rebuilding from Felix's mess of that rebuild. And after the failure of Kit's tenure and sixth place being a stretch now, we're in a position now where we should have been last season, solidly mid-table, outsiders for the play offs just needing a sprinkle of quality to get us into the mix.

Now, the length of time it's taken to appoint a replacement for Kit Symons is frustrating, but I'm happy to wait trusting the decision is the right one. The club has ballsed it up since Felix; in the sacking of Rene, the appointment of Magath, the transfer window of Magath and then the keeping of Kit in the summer. The club shan't be surprised if their lack of quality decisions leads to supporters making their own decision of not renewing their season ticket etc. etc.

Anyway, I'm bored of waiting. For me, it's now react to the appointment when it happens. I refuse to use more energy on hot air! Here's to another 1-1 this weekend.

J

This might have already been posted but it looks like we haven't given up
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34980312

grandad

I was always impressed with Gary Neville´s analysis on Sky. He came over as very astute & knowledgeable about tactics & formations. Tipped by Roy to be an England manager.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Nevillle is intriguing - quite exciting as a potential manager.

No actual managerial experience, but has worked with Roy, and has a great tactical insight, and would definitely have the respect of the players I would think.