Steve Clarke sacked, oh well
Every day is a Fulham day

bill taylors apprentice

Lucky escape.......
For us!

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 09:51:30 AM
Steve Clarke sacked, oh well

Interesting. Wonder if he's coming here after all.

brightster

I had a feeling that would happen last night after the last minute loss.
Could we get him now on the cheap! No payoff to Reading. It was on the cards him going after he spoke to us and agreed a deal, it was his agent that mucked it up!

kempkong

I'd tell him to go swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Straight in too 2/1 if it were him or Gray then only one way to go for me, but not sure the club will go back for him

westcliff white

Straight in too 2/1 if it were him or Gray then only one way to go for me, but not sure the club will go back for him

Lighthouse

Reading will have a new man in place before we do and Clarke will still be our new manager when we have been turned down by a few more.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OdecaMynoT

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

grandad

Clarke needs to sack his agent as it was him that got greedy & cost Clarke a dream move.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Horsfield_No9

The shame of the man and us too if he joins.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

garyclashcityrocker

The Reading board assumed he was going and already had Nigel Pearson lined up as his replacement. His about turn nawsed up their plans. So it was only a matter of time.

Still think he would be a good option and perhaps now, a little humbled.

Would prefer Warburton, but would rather Clarke than Gray. No buy out of his contract now must also make this a viable option for the club.

It is a bit of a saga now. Would just like to see some honest communication from every party involved and a resolution.

Ordar

I'm not excited by the thought of Clarke, but its a better appointment than Gray (who isn't)

PokerMatt

Hopefully we say: "We had discussions with Steve Clarke, but felt that staying with No Manager was the right move for us at the time."

Shame on us if what reportedly happened is true and we still go for him.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

westcliff white

Matt I agree but if it was stuart Gray or Steve Clarke, I would have to go with Clarke. But now he signs on our terms

filham

The plot thickens and this is not speculative journalism at work, it is straight out of the pages of a boys own paper.

Woodlawn

Keen also got the elbow, as I said in another post, The CEO of Reading made it clear he was not impressed with Clarke and it was only a matter of time. Now he can swivel as far as Fulham in concerned.

Ordar

With Keen leaving aswell, they obviously have someone lined up to join instantly. (I assume Pearson).

I would now be extremely surprised if he's not our new head coach now

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 10:14:27 AM
Matt I agree but if it was stuart Gray or Steve Clarke, I would have to go with Clarke. But now he signs on our terms

I have just about enough confidence left in the club that we won't appoint Stuart Gray, even if it's not Clarke... Just...
Follow me: @mattdjourno

bill taylors apprentice

I have listened to the Veysey broadcast and its amazing how different people read different things into the same information!

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what was said by Rigg or anyone else about who they wanted and what he would be called, the early candidates didn't work out so its a fresh approach (maybe).

Veysey was very clear about what's occurred so far and therefore seems to be in the know, so I expect Gray to be appointed asap.

But I see it like this, (albeit with a positive spin) he is a highly rated coach (not manager) and we need that big time, with Pembridge going back to the U21's.

Gray will be employed by the club to coach, not pick the team in the long term and will be part of an improved coaching set up that is established within the club regardless of whichever figure head is in charge.

This is about creating stability within the club when managers/head coaches come and go and having continuity from youth to first team.

A big name personality is being sort (from Holland) to front the team management and if it comes off he will take over the leaders role from Gray who then concentrates on coaching the team.

I think most will recognise the Southampton model is to be admired and this is what we are aiming for.

I remind everyone of the Keegan and Tigana reigns where a high profile leader with a winning mentality but lacking in cutting edge coaching were backed by quiet, unassuming but quality coaching staff  and what they achieved.

A Seedorf/Gray combination could be the start of something great.

OK I'm being far too optimistic, I'll stop now!