watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Enough now please. May I remind you all that the rules have been updated and purposely diverting from the relevance of the thread is now considered a rule break as it destroys the debate 9 times out of 10. Something some are extremely guilty of doing.

Patience is running thin at the moment with everyone and if there is a particular member you have a problem with please report it to any of the mods so that we can reason with you and seek a way of solving the problem. It's nice when others back us up but repeatedly milking this support can also be seen as belittling. Which is another addition to the rules.

It may seem harsh to some of you but most of it is common sense. Report a member or ignore them, don't throw your handbags at them.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

Our problem recently has been defending. What was the strongest attribute of Stuart Gray's Sheffield Wednesday side? It's defending (fourth best in the division last season). I don't quite understand the sense of "eurgh" to his name; is it because he's not sexy enough?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: FPT on December 06, 2015, 12:38:17 AM
Our problem recently has been defending. What was the strongest attribute of Stuart Gray's Sheffield Wednesday side? It's defending (fourth best in the division last season). I don't quite understand the sense of "eurgh" to his name; is it because he's not sexy enough?

Didn't we smash them at home 4-0 or something lie that?

Wearethewhites

I make you right though, 4th best in the division

Carborundum

Agreed.  We are at the point where I dread hearing Gentlemen Jim say "and [insert team name] have won their first corner of the game."  A month has passed without having someone new with the necessary authority to sort out our defence.  Stuart Gray's Wednesday let in fewer than fifty goals last season.  We are on track for mid to high sixties.  No adjectives, the facts speak for themselves

Twig

Jokanovic would be fantastic news, he was my preferred candidate from day 1.  I thought we had missed the opportunity but if his odds are shortening that could be good news (although just about every manager has seen their odds shorten at some time in the past month).

PokerMatt

The odds have shortened on so many that it's hard to read into that. I only wish I'd layed every time someone went odds-on, plenty to be made there.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FPT

Wearethewhites - Yep, we did batter them 4-0 and funnily if you take away the 5 goals we scored against them home and away, they go up to second in the division. As we all know though, we had the ability to tonk anyone in the division, or be tonked by anyone in the division; that was one of our few good wins just two weeks after being decimated 5-0 at home by Watford.

When you look at the quality of attackers that Stuart Gray had, you can forgive him somewhat for a lowly position and low scoring - Atdhe Nuhiu, Stevie May, Sergiu Bus and Will Keane - none of those would get on our bench. And then look at some of his key attacking players - Jacques Maghoma is more a rotation winger at Birmingham and then Chris Maguire - who played pretty much every game was let go to Rotherham but now finds himself on loan at Oxford United in League Two.

I wouldn't be disappointed to find out what he can do in terms of organising our back line - and we've got better quality going forward to make up for a more defensive style. I think we all know we've got some of the best attackers in the division, it's just gaining that discipline in defence and plan of action in attack.

Neil D

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 05, 2015, 10:31:11 PM
Slavisa Jokanovic, down from 14 to 8 on Odds Checker today, 4/1 on Betfair.
Now that does cheer me up and if he were in place by the time I trek up to Bolton then I would do so with a spring in my step - at least metaphorically as I am going by train. 

Fulham Tup North

Now that does cheer me up and if he were in place by the time I trek up to Bolton then I would do so with a spring in my step - at least metaphorically as I am going by train. 
[/quote]
So maybe just a Spring in your Onion?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

From Sky Sports News

It is understood that Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett and Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs feature on the shortlist for the vacant managerial position at Reading.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexbishop

Quote from: grandad on December 06, 2015, 02:48:59 PM
From Sky Sports News

It is understood that Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett and Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs feature on the shortlist for the vacant managerial position at Reading.

oh for christs sake lol
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

mike_corkcity12

Nothing in Dutch main sports website about Fulham and any manager - http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/

Would have assumed if a Dutch appointment was close then they would have a whiff of it.

clarkey

Chris Coleman being tipped by Welsh press now
welcome home Cookie

Hoppus

Quote from: clarkey on December 06, 2015, 05:03:28 PM
welcome home Cookie

Please be true!
Source?

fulhamben

Quote from: Hoppus on December 06, 2015, 05:10:32 PM
Quote from: clarkey on December 06, 2015, 05:03:28 PM
welcome home Cookie

Please be true!
Source?
not that I'd want him back, but no way does he leave Wales after qualifying them for the euros
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Berserker

I'm depressed today. Needed to prune my fruit trees but too depressed to do it. My depression is all Fulham's fault. I will have scruffy apples and Pears cause of them
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Berserker on December 06, 2015, 05:25:19 PM
I'm depressed today. Needed to prune my fruit trees but too depressed to do it. My depression is all Fulham's fault. I will have scruffy apples and Pears cause of them
Wow, I didn't know that you had Prune trees. I like Prunes. Do you get many on each tree?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sunburywhite

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 06, 2015, 05:28:42 PM
Quote from: Berserker on December 06, 2015, 05:25:19 PM
Wow, I didn't know that you had Prune trees. I like Prunes. Do you get many on each tree?

Do you need a raisin to do it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me