watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

It will be interesting to see how the club present the new manager. Whoever it may be clearly wasn't in our top 5 of preferred candidates & probably wasn't even on the radar when the search started.

It's now more a case of getting someone/anyone in place rather than it being the man we wanted to 'take us to the next level of success' as Khan put it  :005:

Can't imagine us making a big flash announcement when we welcome our new man. It's going to be a strange one, for the new guy as well, because he will also know that he was well down the list & was nowhere near one of our real targets.

howitis

Just as things couldn't get any worse, we are now threatened with 2nd rate Stuart Gray.
We have so few "quality" players. Contract or not, can you hnoestly see McCormack or Cairney wanting to stay at Fulham with this appointment. Moreover what is his European scouting network (as Rigg has proven to have zero) and if he is so bloody good why has he not been offered any other position in league football since last summer.

Might be a great puppet for Rigg and keep his job safe for another 6 months but this has got disaster written all over it. If nothing else the Kit spell followed by the managerless month has proven that we need a strong, proven leader.

Khan get your cheque book out and do as you promised. You have misled season ticket holders with false promises since you took over and you owe this club and its fans a manager that is worthy of the position.

Hoppus

dannyboi-ffc

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Slaphead in Qatar

There were plenty of good candidates available. We've messed it up and now looking at second rate alternatives.

spikey norman

Did anyone catch Danny Murphy on Talk Sport this morning.
Only caught tail end of him talking about who should be our next manager/coach but I think he was suggesting Alan Stubbs would be a good option.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Bradstow

Agree completely. Khan needs to confirm that he neither misled the supporters nor, indeed, actively lied.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

rubbernecca

I don't think it's lies from Khan, just complete incompetence and lazy indifference.  Maybe that's worse than lies.  Either way, we don't look very appealing to prospective managers, sorry 'head coaches'.  Depressing.

bill taylors apprentice

Its hard to disagree with any of that !

But maybe someone like Mr Gray is being pursued as a part of the jigsaw needed to create a strong coaching team which will be headed by a "strong proven leader".

My gut feeling is the first team coaching staff are all nice, qualified people but lack a winning mentality or a personality to inspire others.
There may be a comfy, smooth operation during training but there's no fire in the belly stuff.

We may be missing the point here about Gray, he's not a leader but could be a part of a new positive regime.

Well, I'm trying to see the positives anyway!

westcliff white

Quote from: spikey norman on December 07, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
Only caught tail end of him talking about who should be our next manager/coach but I think he was suggesting Alan Stubbs would be a good option.
Danny makes me laugh thats about the 5th name he has mentioned now, still think he is a legend though (thats as a player for us)
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Asotosyios

Spot off?? Sorry, but I cannot agree with that.

The Old Count

I don't think Mr Rigg realises that a good coach / manager has to be more than someone who has done well getting their coaching qualifications. In the same way that being good at passing exams doesn't make you intelligent.

I'm really starting to have my doubts about Mr Rigg.

Chesh

Quote from: spikey norman on December 07, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
No, to be fair they were discussing Reading at that point, and Murphy was just saying that Alan Stubbs was a solid option.

Earlier on he had said he had no idea who was in the running for us, but he did say it was better to wait and get the right fit, rather than rush into non-perfect choices, as we had to get it right this time.

He definitely wasn't suggesting Stubbs for us
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Chutney

C O Y W

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2015, 05:14:27 PM
Well it's not Stuart Grays fault. The blame lays mainly at the feet of the absent non footballing owner, his tenure over the last 30 months has been nothing short of a disaster, he couldn't run a bath. Just tyre remoulds, engines full of sawdust, and wound back clocks. I wouldn't trust him to feed my Goldfish.

064.gif

Easy Woolly, I think he has very good lawyers on the books...
:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Wearethewhites

The appointment is immanent by all accounts, just a matter of time now, and Stuart Gray will be announced as the new Head Coach of FFC. Currently 1/1 on Oddschecker as well.

It's likely to be as 'caretaker' until the end of the season, where the search will start again, but to me, that's just a cover-up by the Club, because we've failed to find a successor to Kit Symons in almost 5 weeks.

I was open to the idea of Stuart Gray coming in as some type of defensive coach, part of a team, but as Head Coach, I feel somewhat cheated by the Club, let down and lied to.

No offence to Stuart Gray, but he's no better than Kit Symons, and is a million miles away from the 'ambitious' appointment that Kahn told fans he would find to push FFC on.

No doubt we'll hear from the Rookie-Rigg soon, with all the excuses under the sun, but to me, this just smacks desperation, and a DOF who doesn't have a clue what he's doing. 

ron