watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

Im just bored of this, I hope we get the call right, but it is seeming to take longer than usual.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Wearethewhites

Quote from: SG on December 10, 2015, 05:16:06 PM
its gone so quiet on this front that I have to think the club are doing nothing and hoping that Gray gets a few good results so they can then announce him as the new Head Coach with Wigley as his assistant.

This is more like the current situation.

J.Perkins

A former Watford assistant, under both Garcia and Jokanovic at Watford, has followed a selection of Championship accounts on Twitter, along with a Fulham related one. Read of that what you will.

@jolslover

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 10, 2015, 08:34:53 PM
A former Watford assistant, under both Garcia and Jokanovic at Watford, has followed a selection of Championship accounts on Twitter, along with a Fulham related one. Read of that what you will.

To be fair he is more known as being Oscar Garcias assistant, having worked with him at Barcelona,Watford and Brighton. He must have impressed at Watford as he stayed part of the back-room staff under Jokanovic but usually wherever Oscar goes he goes
STH H3

Hoppus

Laudrup just said no thanks to Denmark. Swansea next?

St Eve

Quote from: alexmur on December 10, 2015, 02:05:36 PM
Swansea looking to get avram grant in

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I expect Rodgers to return

westcliff white

Quote from: St Eve on December 11, 2015, 02:16:19 AM

Apparently Rodgers has ruled out going back. Looking at Giggs as well
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

I really don't think we'll see a decision until we know where we stand with ffp, Rowett will join if we are clear, we need to look elsewhere if we get an embargo.
C O Y W

Nero

Quote from: westcliff white on December 11, 2015, 07:31:13 AM
Quote from: St Eve on December 11, 2015, 02:16:19 AM

Apparently Rodgers has ruled out going back. Looking at Giggs as well

Rodgers ego wont let him go back he thinks he a big club manager now, proabably waiting for van gaal to be sacked

f321ffc

Quote from: Chutney on December 11, 2015, 09:19:51 AM
I really don't think we'll see a decision until we know where we stand with ffp, Rowett will join if we are clear, we need to look elsewhere if we get an embargo.
I was thinking about this earlier, i think you are right , was there a rumour that  there would be a joint statement on FFP if true does anyone know when it it?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

don't think it was a rumour more of a fact on the statement side.

Rowett will not come to us now, he wants an indemnity payment  (up front as I understand form what I read and heard) in the event of him being sacked at some stage in the future.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
Quote from: Neil D on December 11, 2015, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: f321ffc on December 11, 2015, 11:13:36 AM
Moyes?
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-david-moyes-not-interest-swansea-job-ready-return-management-151211177417
The word hubris springs to mind.

The definition of Hubris as defined in the English, Oxford, Collins Dictionary. Excessive Pride, Overly Self Confident, Arrogance.
Hmmm, I see what you mean.
Id be surprised if Moyes thinks that of himself.he has flopped big time in his last two jobs. I'd imagine he will be more picky as if he flops again he could end up on the managers scrap heap.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Moyes?
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-david-moyes-not-interest-swansea-job-ready-return-management-151211177417

The definition of Hubris as defined in the English, Oxford, Collins Dictionary. Excessive Pride, Overly Self Confident, Arrogance.

I didn't get that impression from reading the article as opposed to just reading the headline.

Moyes says that Monk should have been given more time as though he was thinking that the time the new manager would have to turn matters around would be too short and the expectation for the league position were now too high.

Logicalman

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 11, 2015, 12:58:09 PM
Moyes?

I didn't get that impression from reading the article as opposed to just reading the headline.

Moyes says that Monk should have been given more time as though he was thinking that the time the new manager would have to turn matters around would be too short and the expectation for the league position were now too high.

Totally agree. I got the impression he was more hacked off with the way Prem teams treat their managers, and I don't feel he would turn down a Championship team solely on the basis of league. If the offer is good, and he is allowed to manage the way he wants and needs to, then it's not above reality that he might consider a Championship team to make his return with.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Neil D

Quote from: Logicalman on December 11, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

Totally agree. I got the impression he was more hacked off with the way Prem teams treat their managers, and I don't feel he would turn down a Championship team solely on the basis of league. If the offer is good, and he is allowed to manage the way he wants and needs to, then it's not above reality that he might consider a Championship team to make his return with.
Swansea gave Monk a three year contract back in May 2014 - this was an act of faith in someone who had no managerial experience prior to Swansea.  Why would Moyes consider this shabby treatment?  If Moyes thinks he's too good for a Premiership club which isn't even in the relegation zone, then you can imagine what he thinks of managing a mid-ranking Championship side...

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Neil D on December 11, 2015, 02:40:11 PM

Swansea gave Monk a three year contract back in May 2014 - this was an act of faith in someone who had no managerial experience prior to Swansea.  Why would Moyes consider this shabby treatment?

If Moyes thinks he's too good for a Premiership club which isn't even in the relegation zone, then you can imagine what he thinks of managing a mid-ranking Championship side...

Try reading what Moyes is quoted as saying. He praised the Swansea model but said that Monk should have been given more time. He was supporting a fellow manager.

And where does he say that he thinks he is too good for a PL club not in the relegation zone? Maybe he is looking for more experience with a club overseas, and international side or one in the North West. Who knows?

alexmur

Logicalman

Quote from: Neil D on December 11, 2015, 02:40:11 PM

Swansea gave Monk a three year contract back in May 2014 - this was an act of faith in someone who had no managerial experience prior to Swansea.  Why would Moyes consider this shabby treatment?  If Moyes thinks he's too good for a Premiership club which isn't even in the relegation zone, then you can imagine what he thinks of managing a mid-ranking Championship side...

I'm unsure whether he really does think himself too good for a Championship side, and he appears royally hacked off with Swansea, and by extension, Prem clubs, thus my thoughts he might just consider, given the right conditions (read treatment) he might just consider taking on a Championship club. We are not such a bad prospect as some people think, we do have that promise, we just need the right manager with the kahoonies to tell the upper management what he is going to do and not what they tell him to do. Given someone of his pedigree, he might have enough to sway the UM to listen.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.