more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 23, 2015, 07:36:44 PM
If Jokanovic sits the press conference tomorrow, talking about the game on Boxing Day, then this tells me he is still firmly in the the Tel Aviv driving seat. If we've offered the 'required' compensation, then Jokanovic should be able to walk, that's why compensation is paid. All this 'waiting for a replacement' doesn't sit well with me, and tells a different story.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, that Tel Aviv have managed to renegotiate with Jokanovic, offer him more money, and he'll confirm he's staying in tomorrow's press conference.
if that's the case surely that's out of our hands, we cant afford to offer above our budget due to the rules we have to adhere too. we are paying compo for three people as I understand and new salaries for 3 as well as he is bringing his 2 guys with him. my only gripe would be we hsold know the compo before we agree a deal rather than the other way around
Every day is a Fulham day

PokerMatt

Quote from: filham on December 23, 2015, 06:02:51 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 23, 2015, 05:55:46 PM
We are actually going to mess this one up.
Is there room for any more egg on Rigg's face.
Well it's a massive head so I think so.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

west kowloon white

The slagging off ,whilst totally ignorant of the facts ,continues.

Hoppus

Fulham76

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 23, 2015, 10:03:20 PM

Unlikely anyone on here knows the facts but what else can we go on? The club have given us zero information over the last 6-7 weeks, so we just have the rumours.
There is usually elements of truth in the rumours & the names we've apparently been speaking to are more than likely to be genuinely in contention for the job, yet none of them become the manager!  Therefore, we are clearly doing something wrong & seems we are wasting everybody's time knowing we can't afford these people but continue to pretend we can. That type of business practice certainly doesn't deserve any praise.

Tonywa

The time this farce is taking to play out anyone would think we were trying to persuade Fergie out of retirement or appoint Guardiola on a twenty year rolling contract not negotiating to appoint a decent, but hardly earth-shattering manager. Even if we get him and I for one hope we do, then I think the people running this club have already shown themselves up to be incompetent idiots and I think quite seriously that some sort of peaceful supporter's protest should be arranged to express our dissatisfaction. I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.  The club has become a laughing stock under these morons and if Rigg and Macintosh have an iota of decency between them they should both offer their resignations.  Interesting that in many of the discussions on radio about the USA businessmen bidding to take over Everton FFC has been held up as a dreadful warning as what can happen to a club when it is owned by Americans who don't have a clue about the game of how it runs.  I don't think I've ever ben quite so near to tearing up my season ticket and finding something else to do on Saturday afternoons in all the time I have supported the club.  I have run a couple of small businesses during the last twenty or so years and if I had been as useless at it as these people I would have expected to have gone under long ago.  It's a pitiful spectacle.

west kowloon white

The fact is- you made my point.
Virtually none of the linked satisfied the" usuals" on here.Some of the assumptions made border on the absurd/ stupid- see above.
Merry Christmas.

Lighthouse

We may not know all the facts. But we do know some facts. Over 40 days without a manager. Two caretaker managers and no win since the sacking of the last manager. Sacked for not having enough points in the league for the desired ambition of reaching a play off place. These are the facts. These alone leave the club open to being slagged off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

west kowloon white

OK - so they have not appointed anyone for a period of 40 plus days- do you really believe this is deliberate / incompetent and they have not been trying?
As I said - the usuals.No slagging.
Merry Christmas Lighthouse.

Fulham76

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 23, 2015, 10:56:20 PM
OK - so they have not appointed anyone for a period of 40 plus days- do you really believe this is deliberate / incompetent and they have not been trying?

Without doubt it's incompetent!

Lighthouse

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 23, 2015, 10:56:20 PM

I think it is incompetent. I think in any other job it would be looked on as incompetent. Personally the thrill that comes with waiting for a new manager has gone. I really don't care as our season has in all intents and purposes ended. Which is a shame. I always thought that Symons was building a side. We were inconsistent but we had began to reverse many seasons of decline but it was never going to happen over night. However by losing patience yet again we have put ourselves in a poorer position then we would have been IMO.

Anyway Merry Christmas to us all. Opinions may differ but we are all on the same side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Arthur

Quote from: Tonywa on December 23, 2015, 10:35:07 PM
I honestly don't think I can remember its like anywhere in all the years I have watched football.

Maybe the following list of clubs - all of whom have encountered difficulties within the last 15 years - will jog your memory:

Blackpool: as little as two weeks before last season was due to start, the Club had only eight players on its books.

Leeds: whose then chairman took out massive loans that forced the Club to sell its stadium and training ground - as well as its best players - in order to repay the money.

Portsmouth: failed to pay its players on time on several occasions during a season whilst it was still a PL club and subsequently went into administration twice in two years.

Coventry: built itself a new stadium, but was forced to sell it and rent its use, eventually resulting in a situation which led to the Club having to play its home matches 35 miles away.

What about Glasgow Rangers, Bolton, Birmingham and Darlington, moreover, to name but a handful of other clubs whose owners have overseen a demise with more serious consequences than we are enduring?

For the past few years, undeniably, matters have not have worked out as intended. We are, however, still far from the worst run club that there has ever been.

SG

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 23, 2015, 10:48:42 PM

We may not know all the facts. But we do know some facts. Over 40 days without a manager. Two caretaker managers and no win since the sacking of the last manager. Sacked for not having enough points in the league for the desired ambition of reaching a play off place. These are the facts. These alone leave the club open to being slagged off.

:plus one:

kiwian

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

f321ffc

Apparently Jokanovic has declined to comment on his future at his Maccabi press conference this morning.
                                                                                  :merry christmas:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Yep, exactly the same as he did earlier in the week, so no clearer than yesterday LOL

Domino1879

Quote from: mkras99 on December 23, 2015, 07:15:37 PM
Raphael Gellar ‏@Raphael_Gellar  26m26 minutes ago
Hopefully tomorrow morning things will be much clearer regarding Slavisa & Fulham. Press conference at 8AM UK time.

Any update? Can't find anything on social media.  Strange.

westcliff white

Domino the rumour is he again refused to commit this self to mac about or comment in anyway on his future

Nero

Rumors Rumors did he hafve a press conference and if so what did he say, is it that hard for Journos nowdays to report facts as they are so used to making stuff up.

And I don't understand is why hasn't Riggs told his mouth piece Wayne Versy that if we are waiting for Tel Aviv o get a new manager in place that's the case to placate the fans, sounds like we still arguing about compo might go and put a £10 on Mowbray unless hes changes his mind now a week later

west kowloon white

So the rumour about the rumour is true then.