watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Many many moons ago someone posted on this thread wondering if we would have someone in place before the thread hit 50,000 page views, i jokingly posted that the way it was going we would more likely hit 100,000, any betting against 200,000 fp.gif
                                                                                 :Happy New Year:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

What worries me is that we seem to be held to ransom. All prospective managers, their agents & their existing clubs know we are desperate.
We are also in a situation where anyone we approach now will realize that they are only 5th choice. So unless they are desperate for a job they are more than likely to give us the thumbs down.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Asotosyios

I don't think anyone will care if they are the 5th, 6th or 20th choice. They might see it as a good opportunity to advance their career: try to build something here, take us to the Premier League and perhaps get picked up by a bigger club. Managing Fulham might seem an appealing option to Jokanovic and others.

ron

...but it's likely that the people of the calibre that we need will take exception to being back in the queue of those we ask....

SuffolkWhite

I agree no manager will care whether they werre first choice or not. In fact coming to Fulham now is not a bad move as the expectation of getting to the play off's has gone and with the embargo means you cant build your own team until the summer.

Just a thought
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 25, 2015, 11:07:12 PM
The plot thickens.
Will soon be too thick for even a Mammoth to get its teeth into.

Fulham76

It's going to be Gray.
I think Rigg was hoping the team would have done better in Grays first 3 games so he could justify such an underwhelming appointment but that hasn't happened.
Gray is probably much cheaper than any of the other names mentioned/rumoured & is clearly comfortable with doing as he's told by Rigg/McIntosh under this new set up which the bright sparks at the club have decided is the way forward, (as we flirt with relegation down in 18th place without a win in 8 games!!).
We're not capable of recruiting a decent manager/HC as has been proved by the time we've taken to get this far i.e. nowhere! No one will convince me that the plan was to still be without a manager/HC for at least 7 weeks.
Pathetic

bill taylors apprentice

We are not capable of shopping at Harrods any more.

We now shop at the likes of John Lewis but we are risking losing out on a decent purchase by haggling over the delivery cost.

Of course I have no ideas if my example is true but its my perception and perception is everything !

Jem

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 26, 2015, 12:35:36 PM

We now shop at the likes of John Lewis but we are risking losing out on a decent purchase by haggling over the delivery cost.

Of course I have no ideas if my example is true but its my perception and perception is everything !
More like The Pound Shop than John Lewis!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

Can someone please give Rigg directions to North End Road, he may find something we can afford in the market there.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: filham on December 26, 2015, 01:02:21 PM

Can someone please give Rigg directions to North End Road, he may find something we can afford in the market there.

That's the sad part.
Until I see the evidence to prove otherwise we are better than the market or pound shop (no disrespect) but we are being seen as miserly rather than just business like.

Jem

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 26, 2015, 01:20:12 PM

That's the sad part.
Until I see the evidence to prove otherwise we are better than the market or pound shop (no disrespect) but we are being seen as miserly rather than just business like.
You mean we have been Scrooged?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Hoppus

filham

Quote from: Jem on December 26, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 26, 2015, 01:20:12 PM

That's the sad part.
You mean we have been Scrooged?

And think of the rough time Rigg is going to have with the ghost of Christmas past and present, just hope the ghost of Christmas future can get him of the hook.

LBNo11

Day 48: A Poem:-

On this day - number 48
Fulham fans started to get quite irate
As yet more points went down the pan
And the management seem devoid of a plan

Yet Rigg and Mac
Don't get the sack
As they look for a team big hitter
But lead us instead, closer still, to being deeper in the sh1tter
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Hoppus

Gellar with another 'update' on Twitter: ONE reporting that Fulham not agreeing to pay Maccabi their price would be #1 reason for Slavisa Jokanovic deal to collapse.

mkras99

Quote from: Hoppus on December 26, 2015, 09:11:13 PM
Gellar with another 'update' on Twitter: ONE reporting that Fulham not agreeing to pay Maccabi their price would be #1 reason for Slavisa Jokanovic deal to collapse.

Gellar saying it's all about whether Fulham will meet Macabi's fee and 70/30 that Jokanovic is coming. Well beyond ridiculous at this point.

Hoppus

Quote from: mkras99 on December 26, 2015, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on December 26, 2015, 09:11:13 PM

Gellar saying it's all about whether Fulham will meet Macabi's fee and 70/30 that Jokanovic is coming. Well beyond ridiculous at this point.

I am sure that this matter has shortened my life with at least two years

filham

You know tomorrow morning Rigg may look at the Championship table and realise that we now need a manager with the guts and experience for a relegation fight and will need to change the original brief which was  for a top six manager.

We could be back to square one but finding even harder to find a good manager to accept the relegation brief with no power in the window.

Mince n Tatties

If we have to go for a cheap alternative, how about Derek Adams.
Took Ross County up to the Premier from 2 divs below,and has now turned
Plymouth round taking them to top..Good young  Coach,and  Fergie has spoken
well of him..Just a thought,give a good young coach a chance..