watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Kit goes....

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, November 08, 2015, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Would I be alone in thinking Jean Tigana coming back would be a major coup for the board?!
The best football was played under him and he wasn't afraid of the youth.
We need a player in the Pocettino or Ranieri mould. Someone who builds from the bottom up and not the other way round.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

I'd take tigana in a heart beat.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

On the one hand yes on the other no. I agree it was one of our best ever periods from both a playing style and a success perspective but what has he done since? Not a lot, Besiktas did ok but it has been rapidly downhill for several years now.

Wimbledon_White

Tigana hasn't managed since 2012.

His last job in England was with Fulham and he's not succeeded anywhere else to any significant level.

To put it in context; his last job was for Shanghai Shenwua in the Chinese League.

I would suggest that if he hadn't been our manager before he would be on no-ones radar whatsoever.

Wimbledon_White

Oh, forgot to mention, Shanghai sacked him too.

MJG

Hardly a coup, more of a let's employ this man as fans have a long memory and this might keep them happy.

I was all for him last year as a DOF  with Kit below him. But as an out and out manager,  I think those days are behind him.

H4usuallysitting

Also didnt Mr Tigana have quite a few quid for transfers......i feel if Kit does go, we need a Ian Holloway (not necessarily him) sort of character......someone that can work on a tight budget and get the best out of whats in front of him....a bit like Pearson

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Lawrie Sanchez had a fair amount of money also........

My point is, we need someone like him. Plays one touch football but gets results with it. Maybe take a risk on a younger manager who's managed a first team somewhere else before (kit hadn't properly).
Someone who can blood our youngsters but who can buy some  quality also.

Having said all that; anyone new, needs to be given patience and time. Especially by people on this board.

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Snibbo

Look you know it's going to be Curbishley. So don't get excited

Wimbledon_White

Someone on Twitter is saying Redknapp's henchman Joe Jordan was at The Cottage yesterday.

God forbid that criminal ends up in our dug out.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 08, 2015, 11:28:20 AM
Someone on Twitter is saying Redknapp's henchman Joe Jordan was at The Cottage yesterday.

He has been there for weeks. I think he is involved with the Scotland set up so maybe checking out McCormack, Cairney etc

Tonywa

Tigana!! No thanks very much!!!!!!

Tonywa

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 08, 2015, 10:50:10 AM
Also didnt Mr Tigana have quite a few quid for transfers......i feel if Kit does go, we need a Ian Holloway (not necessarily him) sort of character......someone that can work on a tight budget and get the best out of whats in front of him....a bit like Pearson

Made some wonderful signings, but also wasted large sums on the likes of Jon Harley.  Got us promoted, which he should have done with that team, but was a mini-disaster in the Perm with the slow build-up enabling teams to drop back and defend as we took so long to get to the halfway line.  Nearly got us relegated first season back in the top flight, despite spending vast amounts of money.

sunburywhite

and he bought Steve Marlet
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 08, 2015, 11:23:04 AM
Lawrie Sanchez had a fair amount of money also........

My point is, we need someone like him. Plays one touch football but gets results with it. Maybe take a risk on a younger manager who's managed a first team somewhere else before (kit hadn't properly).
Someone who can blood our youngsters but who can buy some  quality also.

So are you saying Tigana wouldnt be a major coup

Having said all that; anyone new, needs to be given patience and time. Especially by people on this board.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 08, 2015, 11:31:55 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 08, 2015, 11:28:20 AM

He has been there for weeks. I think he is involved with the Scotland set up so maybe checking out McCormack, Cairney etc

Ah yeah that makes sense, thanks I didn't realise that.

2+2=5 from Twitter as ever.

J

The nostalgia factor appeals, but realistically I can only see him doing a Dalglish and not being able to live up to the hype.

faversham paul

Kit has now gone, get Pearson in now. repeat he has been sacked

Arthur

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 08, 2015, 10:50:10 AM
Also didnt Mr Tigana have quite a few quid for transfers...

In the PL, yes, but he won the Championship - adding Saha, Fernandes, Collins and Boa Morte - having spent little at all.

I would love to see us play the sort of football again that we played under Tigana in 2000; it truly was phenomenal. Whether he could replicate that style were he to return is by no means certain, so I understand supporters' caution. On the other hand, there is only one way to find out...

If not Tigana, what we could do with finding, perhaps, is a manager who can be as innovative for us now as JT was then. I was interested to hear that Huddersfield are replacing Chris Powell with someone who has been coaching at Borussia Dortmund (presumably under the ethos of Jurgen Klopp). Though an unknown quantity in England, he is the sort of imaginative appointment that I would be happy us for us to make.