watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Earle

Started by The Swan, November 09, 2015, 09:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

It was good that one of our past players was at the game on Saturday.

Steve Earle paid us a visit during his trip from America where he lives with his wife.

My wife and I were in the McBride Lounge and I asked if there was any chance of my wife meeting Steve. My wife always liked him in the early 60s.

We did manage to meet up with Steve and his wife after the game.

We also had a long chat with Les Strong and Fred Callaghan and Steve.

Meeting all three made up for the poor performance on the pitch.

The Swan

HatterDon

There was a nice interview with him on GJ's and Sean's pre-match broadcast also. Evidently, he had never visited the Cottage without seeing Fulham gain three points -- until Saturday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

I dare not ask what he thought of the Kit?
Nogood "what about his album "Guitar Town", isit"  Boyo

jarv

Where in America does he live? Just curious.

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on November 10, 2015, 12:07:04 AM
Where in America does he live? Just curious.

Oklahoma -- or as I like to refer to it, EXTREMELY North Texas.

HatterDon

dannyboi-ffc

Great stuff. It was interesting hearing him at half time. Way before my time but always a pleasure listening to former greats and a great touch for you on an otherwise extremely frustrating afternoon.

It's quite bizarre that we've gone so long without a player scoring 100 goals for the club. Great achievement from Earle
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Neil D

I remember the five he bagged in an 0-8 drubbing of Halifax in 1969.

FFCAli

The interviewer didn't.  He referred to it being at The Cottage until Steve disabused him!

bog

I went to the away game at Stockport just after the 0-8 away win. Steve scored a hattrick that day in a 4-1 win and it could easily have been more another 5! Their keeper was Alan Ogley and and but for he it would have been!
How insulting that they were not aware that the 8-0 win was way from home.  :doh:
I always liked Steve and was disappointed when he left for Leicester.

092.gif   

David Allen Crankshaw

I was at the match at Halifax when Steve bagged his five. After we had scored our eighth the Halifax fans started to chant 'we want one'. If Johnny Haynes hadn't been substituted well before the end of the match after we had scored our final goal we might actually have made double figures.

bog

Lucky man you Dave. I was at my girlfriends when the result came up at the end of the news. What a moment that was, but to actually have been there..... :clap_hands: :yay:

092.gif

b+w geezer

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 10, 2015, 09:35:55 AM
I was at the match at Halifax when Steve bagged his five.
Well done you. I was offered a lift by the bloke I still sit next to (formerly of this messageboard) but declined. He naturally ribbed me a bit about it afterwards, but seem to recall that, according to him, we didn't have many more than 8 shots that evening: they just nearly all went in! Was foggy though, so quite hard to know what was going on.

I'm another on whom Earle made a huge impression during our 1966 Great Escape, not least for the hattrick at Northampton. Wonderful to listen to and see him at half-time and what good shape he seemed to be in. Still sounded a Londoner too after half a life-time over there.

Holders

It makes me feel old to remember Earle looking not much older than me when he played - but then he isn't!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

keith

Quote from: bog on November 10, 2015, 09:15:14 AM
I went to the away game at Stockport just after the 0-8 away win. Steve scored a hattrick that day in a 4-1 win and it could easily have been more another 5! Their keeper was Alan Ogley and and but for he it would have been!
How insulting that they were not aware that the 8-0 win was way from home.  :doh:
I always liked Steve and was disappointed when he left for Leicester.

092.gif   
The Saturday before he left for Leicester he sprinted from behind the Halfway Line to the Putney End where he crossed for Viv Busby to score our Second Goal in a 2-1 win over Bristol City. The Highlights were shown the next Day on The Big Match. The Game is on You Tube.

you lucky people

He was always one of my favourite players along with Les Barrett and Jimmy Conway, he had a Mod look about him, very cool
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

colinwhite

That was my fulham team too . Jimmy Conway and Les Barrett, were fantastic for us and Stevie Earle was the same generation so we liked him too . Never really rated him as a player I reluctantly must admit, but he could be great on his day, and scored alot of goals for us.