watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where will they finish this season?

Started by CorkedHat, August 01, 2010, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Okay – how do you think the Premier League table will look like come the end of next season?

1. Man United
2 Che l sea
3  Arsenal
4. Man City
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Aston Villa
8. Everton
9. Fulham
10.Stoke
11. Sunderland
12. West Ham
13. Bolton
14. Newcastle
15. Birmingham
16. Blackburn
17. Wigan
18. Wolves
19. WBA
20. Blackpool

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

watfordwhite

Quote from: CorkedHat on August 01, 2010, 09:13:34 AM
Okay – how do you think the Premier League table will look like come the end of next season?

1. Man United 2
2 Che l sea 1
3  Arsenal 5
4. Man City 3
5. Liverpool 6
6. Spurs 4
7. Aston Villa
8. Everton
9. Fulham
10.Stoke 12
11. Sunderland 10
12. West Ham 11
13. Bolton
14. Newcastle
15. Birmingham
16. Blackburn
17. Wigan
18. Wolves
19. WBA
20. Blackpool

The rest I think is spot on. Just once though I wish we could finish above Everton..

Rupert

Can't argue overmuch with either of those predictions, maybe you both have Birmingham a little low and Stoke a little high (I'm guessing that more teams will have worked out how to handle them this seaon, though not us of course), but other than that, no real differences.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Tktd

I'd be tempted to say West Ham in the relegation places along with Blackpool and Wigan. Wolves will suprise a few - they have a solid team shape, an alright manager but he's brought in three good players to add to their squad in the shape of Jelle Van Damme, Stephen Hunt and Mouyokolo.

I'd expect if liverpool get their act together and Torres gets his mind in the right place too I can expect Liverpool doing better then 6th. I'd also have to say Man Utd could finish 2nd or third.

Birmingham will finish higher too, whilst stoke will be mid-table. Man City and tottenham have had pretty average/bad pre seasons and could suprise a lot with how badly they do - teams need time to gel, and there may be more going on behiend the scenes at City which make it hard to achieve consistant results. Redknapp never having many favourites and always wanting to buy players for the sake of it could also prove to undo tottenham - not to mention redknapp being incapable of juggling extra fixtures (champions league) which he's already complained about. Tottenhams squad is full of internationals unlike at Fulham and that could be one mental hurdle to far for Redknapp to come to terms with.

HatterDon

I'd swap Stoke and Fulham, and then swap Stoke and Birmingham. There's a huge infusion of cash into that club, and they play good disciplined football there. Stoke is the new Blackburn/Bolton. I don't see them staying that competitive, and I believe they'll have the first managerial casualty.

Where's the love for West Brom?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on August 01, 2010, 06:59:20 PM
I'd swap Stoke and Fulham, and then swap Stoke and Birmingham. There's a huge infusion of cash into that club, and they play good disciplined football there. Stoke is the new Blackburn/Bolton. I don't see them staying that competitive, and I believe they'll have the first managerial casualty.

Where's the love for West Brom?

I'm with Hatter on this although, I think we are capable of finishing in that 9th spot but I am fearful we will spend a good part of the beginning of the season figuring out who we are and losing matches in the process as Hughes puts his stamp on this team. Birmingham finishing 15th doesn't make much sense to me but who knows, maybe they were lucky last season.

YankeeJim

I can't disagree too much. I think we could be a bit better and Roy just might get the Scousers up to 3rd. The one I disagree with is Citeh. They spend but I don't think they are a team. They could easily be fighting us for the last Europe spot....or they could win the whole damn thing. Ask me in May.  :023:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LBNo11

1.  Man United
2.  Dark Side
3.  Man Citeh
4.  Arsenal
5.  Spurs
6.  Liverpool
7.  Aston Villa
8.  Everton
9.  Birmingham
10. Stoke
11. Sunderland
12. Fulham
13. West Ham
14. Newcastle
15. Bolton
16. Blackburn
17. Wigan
18. Wolves
19. WBA
20. Blackpool

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Teabag

It's difficult to split the top 4 this year. Got a feeling Man U will struggle (especially if they play Smalling  :005:) and City could come good. Newcastle will struggle I think but could just stay up. Everton could be due a bad season. Liverpool could take time to settle.

1. Dark side
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man U
5. Spurs
6. Villa
7. Liverpool
8. Fulham  :clap_hands:
9. Everton
10. B'ham
11. Stoke
12. Su8nderland
13. West Ham
14. Bolton
15. Wolves
16. Blackburn
17. newcastle
18. Wigan.
19. WBA
20. Blackpool

Tomo

1. Man Utd
2. Arsenal
3. Man City
4. Chelscum
5. Liverpool
6. Villa
7. Fulham
8. Spurs
9. Everton
10. Sunderland
11. Stoke
12. Birmingham
13. West Ham
14. Newcastle
15. Wolves
16. West Brom
17. Bolton
18. Wigan.
19. Blackburn
20. Blackpool
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

The Equalizer

Nice one Tomo - pretty much exactly the same as my list. However, I think that if we can get 7th we can certainly get 6th.. ;) Just as long as we get more points than Spurs I'm happy.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SuffolkWhite

I did the BBC predictor and had us finish 9th, we were 5pts away from 8th and 5pts away from 10th. we got 50 points for the season.

West Brom Blackpool and wolves went down, Wigan stayed up by 1pt.

The Darkside won the league Manure and Liverpoo came second and third, Ars 4th, Citeh 5th and Spuds 6th.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FatFreddysCat

Cant be bothered doing the whole table, but before i opened the thread up i thought Fulham would finish 9th , but if Bellamy and Sidwell/ Ireland come i can see anouther 7th.  Hart on loan if Black Mark goes (if he leaves i'll be able to spell our keepers name) would be superb. Oh go on i'll stick my neck out and say Blackpool will be last.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 02, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
Cant be bothered doing the whole table, but before i opened the thread up i thought Fulham would finish 9th , but if Bellamy and Sidwell/ Ireland come i can see anouther 7th.  Hart on loan if Black Mark goes (if he leaves i'll be able to spell our keepers name) would be superb. Oh go on i'll stick my neck out and say Blackpool will be last.
If we bring in Bellamy and Ireland, I see us finishing any where from 6-8.
Fulham for life!