News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why has the big news not been discussed ?

Started by Riversider, November 10, 2015, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I bought a programme on Saturday for the first time in 3 or 4 years, and inside I found to my surprise a two page spread on the development plans for Motspur Park, when completed we will surely have some of the best facilities in London,
New state of the art indoor arena, new all weather pitch, improved floodlights , expanded covered area for supporters and a much expanded parking area,
For all the people that have doubted Shad Khan this is a real statement of intent from him, these are really exciting times to be a Fulham supporter I feel,
This is great news for us and I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed or mentioned on the official site,
Anybody else buy a programme ?

Rupert

I'm astonished that nobody has seen through this façade, in fact the plan is to manage our decline to Johnstone's Paint Conference League Two (South) where the improved facilities at Motspur Park will allow us to play our home games in front of 150 spectators there, and the Cottage can be sold to developers for a massive profit. My God, are you all blind? Where's the BTTC crew when you need them, to put a stop to this? Eh? Eh?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MJG

I've discussed it on Twitter but I'm sure a link was put on here yesterday.
Anyway,  yep lots of improvements to MP.

FulhamStu

I looked in depth yesterday and together with the new riverside stand, if and when they start work, it will show real intent.

Jonnoj

:airfix:
Thanks, I've missed this completely.
Agree it's been somewhat undersold.
Genuinely good news and suggests that contrary to conspiracy theorists (esp on tiff) there really is an expectation of a return to the prem.

Rhys Lightning 63

This does fall into one of my 'Jacksonville Jaguars going to move to London' theories. Shahid will essentially want both his teams training at the same place, so either we'd move out of Motspur Park, or it was going to get a HUUUUGE renovation.

This is just step one
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 10, 2015, 08:00:40 PM
This does fall into one of my 'Jacksonville Jaguars going to move to London' theories. Shahid will essentially want both his teams training at the same place, so either we'd move out of Motspur Park, or it was going to get a HUUUUGE renovation.

This is just step one

I love a good conspiracy theory; especially when they are feasible.

What happens next?

nose

i miised it, we will have the best training ground in league one the way our management works

Julius Geezer

MJG

Have to permission first,  but I'm reluctant to give timescales as it's then written in stone and if the bulldozers don't go in with 24 hours of that date Khan is seen as a fraud.

bobbo

Quote from: Rupert on November 10, 2015, 04:57:19 PM
I'm astonished that nobody has seen through this façade, in fact the plan is to manage our decline to Johnstone's Paint Conference League Two (South) where the improved facilities at Motspur Park will allow us to play our home games in front of 150 spectators there, and the Cottage can be sold to developers for a massive profit. My God, are you all blind? Where's the BTTC crew when you need them, to put a stop to this? Eh? Eh?
Not sure if he's on here but the leader of the butcher campaign sits right in front of me. I 'll speak next home game.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Shud have read bttc campaign, bloody computers.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Rupert

Quote from: bobbo on November 11, 2015, 07:43:09 AM
Shud have read bttc campaign, bloody computers.

A sure sign that the Mods are censoring your posts, bobbo.  084.gif

It's you, me and the head butcher against the world on this one, I'm afraid. Don't worry, we will win. 049:gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

bill taylors apprentice

As for the lack of publicity from the club about these changes I wonder if they are trying to go about their business with the minimum of fuss?

Knowing the kind of area the training ground is in the club may be keeping it low key and trying not to alert the wider public and any possible NIMBY action

Wimbledon_White

I seem to remember somewhere telling me that the club own the old BBC training ground opposite (behind a row of houses) the Motspur Park current training facility too?

Is that right?

MJG?

Riversider

We must all remember that the local residents kicked up big time when we announced that we wanted to put up an inflatable to create an indoor pitch during the bad weather,
Really hope the plans go ahead .

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 11, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
I seem to remember somewhere telling me that the club own the old BBC training ground opposite (behind a row of houses) the Motspur Park current training facility too?

Is that right?

MJG?

I played for the BBC FC for a couple of seasons and was told by a committee member I kept in touch with that originally their sports ground was sold to a developer.

Its been left to rot as they struggled to get permission to do anything with it.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense