https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we think

Started by Peabody, November 10, 2015, 08:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: westcliff white on November 12, 2015, 08:22:21 AM
Quote from: alfie on November 12, 2015, 08:19:32 AM
I honestly do not care who comes in whether it be Warnock, Lambert etc etc etc, as long as they do what is good for the club and get us moving.

If Warnock came in I could not see myself going to a game while he was here.

I don't mind though how they wish to title it as long as we get the right man. I think Moyes is open to a head coach role as thats what he had when at Sociedad. But it would rule out a few names as they are more your traditional English type managers.

But if Warnock was to come with good coaches, good game plans and things improved and we started moving in the right direction would you really not come.
It really makes no difference to me who is standing in that dug out as long as it works.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Burt on November 12, 2015, 11:20:51 AM
The titles don't matter compared to there being complete clarity and agreement on the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for all the various people involved in the set-up.

Spot on.
Nogood "clear lines of communications win battles.  Those who win battles win wars, isit" Boyo

LBNo11

...speaking as I find, and contrary to most, I'm not confident in the one man panel of Rigg and his coach not manager ideal, it limits candidates prepared to play 2nd fiddle to him...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Chesh

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2015, 06:55:14 PM
...speaking as I find, and contrary to most, I'm not confident in the one man panel of Rigg and his coach not manager ideal, it limits candidates prepared to play 2nd fiddle to him...
...and protects us from those who would risk our future with their own madcap ideas of who to sign regardless (e.g. Magath).

Rigg does not appear to me to be a dictator, rather the person given the responsibility of making sure we stay on the correct path from here-on in.

Personally, I think this is the only way to do things in this age of financial madness.

Head coach is simply a more apt title than manager, and we are making it clear that whoever comes in only has an input, and not the over-riding decision on which players we buy.

Anyone half decent should be able to work with the tools he has, whereas Kit clearly couldn't in a consistent manner.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Chesh on November 12, 2015, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on November 12, 2015, 06:55:14 PM
...and protects us from those who would risk our future with their own madcap ideas of who to sign regardless (e.g. Magath).

Rigg does not appear to me to be a dictator, rather the person given the responsibility of making sure we stay on the correct path from here-on in.

Personally, I think this is the only way to do things in this age of financial madness.

Head coach is simply a more apt title than manager, and we are making it clear that whoever comes in only has an input, and not the over-riding decision on which players we buy.

Anyone half decent should be able to work with the tools he has, whereas Kit clearly couldn't in a consistent manner.

I understand what Mr. Barrett is saying, but I think I'm on your side of the fence on this one, Chesh. 
Nogood "so long as they talk to each other and agree on target players, isit" Boyo

ron

Perhaps it's the FFC establishment's way of saying that they are beyond reproach in their handling of finance, purchases etc. and that all blame can be heaped on scapegoat Symons, who has been sent off into the wilderness.

All it encourages is another lamb to the slaughter, rather than someone of the status of Sparky, who had the intellect and flair for the job, but who saw through the whole scheme of things the last time we had a real chance of moving forward.