watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do we think

Started by Peabody, November 10, 2015, 08:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

About the fact that we are seeking a Head Coach and not a manager, according to Mike Rigg.

rusty shackleford

As long as they stop us leaking so many goals i dont care what their title is

NogoodBoyo

Rules out big names and Twitchy from the British scene.  Rules in a continental guru (like Hodgson was) perhaps.
I really am not impressed with the argument that we need Championship experience to get out of this league.  That's playing the game by their rules.  It's negative.  A forward thinking strategist challenges and invents new rules.  He introduces new, surprising ways of doing things against which the status quo finds it impossible to defend.  That's positive.
Nogood "nobody wins by doing it the same way as everybody else, isit" Boyo

SG

There is no doubt in my mind that if these players were better coached, particularly in defending, we would be higher up the league. If a Head Coach delivers this then the change will be worth it. It became clear that Kit could not deliver this specific improvement

LBNo11

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 10, 2015, 09:00:09 PM
Rules out big names and Twitchy from the British scene.  Rules in a continental guru (like Hodgson was) perhaps.
I really am not impressed with the argument that we need Championship experience to get out of this league.  That's playing the game by their rules.  It's negative.  A forward thinking strategist challenges and invents new rules.  He introduces new, surprising ways of doing things against which the status quo finds it impossible to defend.  That's positive.

...this...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Peabody

Quote from: LBNo11 on November 10, 2015, 09:06:30 PM

...this...

Just like Jean Tigana did.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Peabody on November 10, 2015, 09:29:04 PM
Rules out big names and Twitchy from the British scene.  Rules in a continental guru (like Hodgson was) perhaps.
I really am not impressed with the argument that we need Championship experience to get out of this league.  That's playing the game by their rules.  It's negative.  A forward thinking strategist challenges and invents new rules.  He introduces new, surprising ways of doing things against which the status quo finds it impossible to defend.  That's positive.

...this...

Exactly, Peabody.
I just cannot fathom why he has failed at all his jobs after Fulham.  After all, he wasn't a one club flash in the pan.  He produced good results at both Lyon and Monaco, didn't he?
Nogood "pining for that type of approach, isit" Boyo

LBNo11

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 10, 2015, 10:07:41 PM
Quote from: Peabody on November 10, 2015, 09:29:04 PM
Rules out big names and Twitchy from the British scene.  Rules in a continental guru (like Hodgson was) perhaps.
I really am not impressed with the argument that we need Championship experience to get out of this league.  That's playing the game by their rules.  It's negative.  A forward thinking strategist challenges and invents new rules.  He introduces new, surprising ways of doing things against which the status quo finds it impossible to defend.  That's positive.

...this...

Exactly, Peabody.
I just cannot fathom why he has failed at all his jobs after Fulham.  After all, he wasn't a one club flash in the pan.  He produced good results at both Lyon and Monaco, didn't he?
Nogood "pining for that type of approach, isit" Boyo

...he was not the force without Christian Damiano and Roger Propos running things in the background, they were what made up teh sum of the parts...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

That would explain it. 
Nogood "where's Christian Damano and Rogos Proper when you need them, isit" Boyo

Julius Geezer

I fear we will miss out on more established managers with the whole 'head coach' position.

Tonywa

Last time we were promoted to the Prem, the team was full of top quality players and we walked away with the league because our team was of far higher quality than any of the others. Had we managed to keep Stek, Mitroglu, Dejagah, Richardson, Sidwell and Hangeland along with Parker, one of two of the youngsters and some of the more recent additions to the squad  I think we would have been in with a great chance of winning the division.  However a combination of Mad Magath and FFP put paid to any hope of that.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tonywa on November 11, 2015, 06:21:28 PM
Last time we were promoted to the Prem, the team was full of top quality players and we walked away with the league because our team was of far higher quality than any of the others. Had we managed to keep Stek, Mitroglu, Dejagah, Richardson, Sidwell and Hangeland along with Parker, one of two of the youngsters and some of the more recent additions to the squad  I think we would have been in with a great chance of winning the division.  However a combination of Mad Magath and FFP put paid to any hope of that.

Yes indeed
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Having said that we have acquired 6 of last year's players of the season.
With the right man in charge we will stop leaking goals and move forward quickly.

Let's face it scoring is not the problem for us at the moment.
COYW:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

I honestly do not care who comes in whether it be Warnock, Lambert etc etc etc, as long as they do what is good for the club and get us moving.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Quote from: alfie on November 12, 2015, 08:19:32 AM
I honestly do not care who comes in whether it be Warnock, Lambert etc etc etc, as long as they do what is good for the club and get us moving.

If Warnock came in I could not see myself going to a game while he was here.

I don't mind though how they wish to title it as long as we get the right man. I think Moyes is open to a head coach role as thats what he had when at Sociedad. But it would rule out a few names as they are more your traditional English type managers.
Every day is a Fulham day

WhiteJC

Roy saw himself as a coach not a manager! He said his time in Italy gave him a bad idea of what a manager was

filham

Let us see what type of man is prepared to accept the position, I fear it will rule out many of the big names with a good track record.

Then we will have to wait and see how it works out if we are in the bottom half of the table at the end of the year then it will be deemed a failure and there will be cries of Rigsby out.

H4usuallysitting

Wasn't Ramsey (recently sacked) acknowledged as a good coach?

RaySmith

I don't think the official title matters, as long as whoever is appointed has complete control over team selection and training......

and input into players bought and sold - though how much control do managers have over this anyway - the owner having to agree to finance incomings, and players seemingly shipped out if the fee is high enough, whatever the manager thinks.

Burt

The titles don't matter compared to there being complete clarity and agreement on the roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for all the various people involved in the set-up.