watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We should wait as long as possible

Started by St Eve, November 14, 2015, 02:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

So that all of the candidates are hired by someone else and our management doesn't have to make a decision

snarks

Is this like buying the player we dont want just because he's available.

If the club want JFH or Pearson or Moyes or Rogers or Curbs or someone else, what does it matter if one they dont want has gone elsewhere

St Eve

As long as they didn't want him in the first place nothing at all

filham

But do the club know who they don't want until he goes somewhere else.

Asotosyios

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that it has taken us almost a week and we still have no manager? I understand that this is an important decision and we (should) take our time, but shouldn't we have been prepared or already have a kind of shortlist? Most probably talks with potential targets and even interviews may have already happened and nothing has been leaked, but I expected everything to happen a bit faster.

MJG

Whole idea of doing it during this break is not to rush it.

RaySmith

Asotosyios

Quote from: MJG on November 14, 2015, 06:32:16 PM
Whole idea of doing it during this break is not to rush it.

True. I am just thinking that it took 5 days to Liverpool to appoint Klopp and was hoping that Rigg would have someone on his mind already. Surely, it's more complicated if he is not unemployed.

St Eve

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
Many on here (including me, admittedly) wanted us to be 'decisive' and stump up £5m for Lewis Dunk in the summer...

The club stood firm and ended up getting Stearman for £2m on the last day of the window.

In fact we ended up getting Fredericks, Jazz, Stearman, Ream and Husband and Garbutt on loan for what Dunk would have cost us.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. 

yes and we are mid table and just fired our manager. Good business

davew

Quote from: St Eve on November 14, 2015, 02:22:33 PM
So that all of the candidates are hired by someone else and our management doesn't have to make a decision
Agree with you totally. good posting m8 and true of FFC!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
Quote from: St Eve on November 14, 2015, 09:12:31 PM
Many on here (including me, admittedly) wanted us to be 'decisive' and stump up £5m for Lewis Dunk in the summer...

The club stood firm and ended up getting Stearman for £2m on the last day of the window.

In fact we ended up getting Fredericks, Jazz, Stearman, Ream and Husband and Garbutt on loan for what Dunk would have cost us.

But that's just it. With last season's players Symons finished 17th and the board thought that was good enough to keep him in the job. But after the business we did in the summer being 12th gets you the sack because the new players are capable of better
Quote from: Statto on November 14, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
Quote from: St Eve on November 14, 2015, 09:12:31 PM

But that's just it. With last season's players Symons finished 17th and the board thought that was good enough to keep him in the job. But after the business we did in the summer being 12th gets you the sack because the new players are capable of better
Not true, back to the point (sorry), who says the players are capable of better when clearly they are not!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rubbernecca

rubbernecca

Still waiting . . .

Proves that Rigg and Khan read the forum!

Neil D

Clearly the Club is waiting for your authorisation, St Eve.  I've had enough now so let's get on with it please.

hovewhite

An important point is the players and are they an improvement,as kit and rigg picked them the awnser is 4 places  up the table,the jury's out I guess!

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Quote from: davew on November 14, 2015, 10:31:41 PM
Quote from: St Eve on November 14, 2015, 02:22:33 PM
Agree with you totally. good posting m8 and true of FFC!

...and if we hang around until they are all sacked by who they went to, then they'll all come to interview here with more experience under their belts.. :005:

The Rock

Because of the clueless owner and staff I think we need a consortium, a group of say, 5, that know the club well, played here, managed here, or have have some important ties to serve as an expert panel to make this kind of decision, because those at the club aren't familiar with these matters.

St Eve

Quote from: Neil D on November 16, 2015, 06:29:14 PM
Clearly the Club is waiting for your authorisation, St Eve.  I've had enough now so let's get on with it please.
Oh OK I'll make a call

NogoodBoyo

The longer it takes, very often the better the decision.
Nogood "virtuous patience, isit" Boyo