Main Menu

England game v France on tuesday goes ahead

Started by f321ffc, November 14, 2015, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Blanco

Another chance for England to be shown up. At least there will be some more footy to watch. Surprised this is actually going ahead.

Dr Know

Quote from: Blanco on November 14, 2015, 02:28:23 PM
Another chance for England to be shown up. At least there will be some more footy to watch. Surprised this is actually going ahead.
Why suprised ? We must never stop our day to day life because of terrorism

westcliff white

and its not in France either, so unless the French squad didn't want to travel then figured it would be on
Every day is a Fulham day

Blanco

Quote from: Dr Know on November 14, 2015, 04:10:42 PM
Quote from: Blanco on November 14, 2015, 02:28:23 PM
Why suprised ? We must never stop our day to day life because of terrorism

I agree. But I just never thought it would be played.

kevin

we will never win it anyway so its a chance for The 2 teams/ sets of fans to unite in solidarity and for England to get stuffed again

filham

The security will have to be very high, watch out for tanks on Wembley Way.

Dr Know

Quote from: filham on November 14, 2015, 05:33:58 PM
Why jest about something so serious ?  What happened in Paris WILL happen on Britlsh soil  when? where? who knows  but it will happen

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Dr Know on November 14, 2015, 07:33:14 PM
Why jest about something so serious ?  What happened in Paris WILL happen on Britlsh soil  when? where? who knows  but it will happen

I don't think he's jesting. There will be a heavy security presence, more to reassure those going than than anything else. There will be other atrocities on vulnerable people. It's always vulnerable people who will be a target but in a weird way, it gives us a voice. "I cannot protect my family or me against your indiscriminate attacks but I won't stand down. freedom is all I have!"

Holders

I think it's s good chance to show solidarity. It puts the EU in/out debate into context.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

J.Perkins

We have got to show these scum that no matter what they throw at us, we will still carry on. We remember the lost, but we carry on.

Carborundum

Quote from: J.Perkins on November 14, 2015, 08:47:29 PM
We have got to show these scum that no matter what they throw at us, we will still carry on. We remember the lost, but we carry on.
Spot on

filham

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on November 14, 2015, 08:37:13 PM
Quote from: Dr Know on November 14, 2015, 07:33:14 PM
Why jest about something so serious ?  What happened in Paris WILL happen on Britlsh soil  when? where? who knows  but it will happen

I don't think he's jesting. There will be a heavy security presence, more to reassure those going than than anything else. There will be other atrocities on vulnerable people. It's always vulnerable people who will be a target but in a weird way, it gives us a voice. "I cannot protect my family or me against your indiscriminate attacks but I won't stand down. freedom is all I have!"
Thanks Vic Halomslovechild, I certainly was not jesting just trying to emphasise the seriousness of the situation and the level of security that will be needed.
Remember some years ago after attacks at Heathrow tanks were employed to demonstrate how intent we were to deter attackers, I had this in mind when referring to tanks in Wembley Way as a similar response may now be appropriate.

CincyFulham1

Why is Wembley lit up in Irish colours?  Is Dara O Briain do a show there?

Neil D

I heard that the English fans will be encouraged to sing the French national anthem as an act of solidarity.  That would be a nice touch.  I hope at least that the traditionally boorish response of booing it will be set aside, even if they can't bring themselves to sing it.

Beamer

I never imagined I would ever say this but I hope they all join in (even if they don't know the actual words), if I were going I certainly would - so much more important than petty rivalry. 

Holders

Quote from: Neil D on November 15, 2015, 09:08:05 AM
I heard that the English fans will be encouraged to sing the French national anthem as an act of solidarity.  That would be a nice touch.  I hope at least that the traditionally boorish response of booing it will be set aside, even if they can't bring themselves to sing it.

Totally agree.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wingnut

I heard that the English fans will be encouraged to sing the French national anthem as an act of solidarity.  That would be a nice touch.  I hope at least that the traditionally boorish response of booing it will be set aside, even if they can't bring themselves to sing it.

They did respect it and they were fabulous. Rumours going round twitter that the Germany game was called off tonight due to a bomb scare at the stadium. Very worrying.

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/germany-vs-netherlands-game-cancelled-due-to-planned-bomb-attack

https://www.rt.com/news/322476-hannover-stadium-game-cancelled/
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

f321ffc

Quote from: Wingnut on November 17, 2015, 09:31:18 PM

They did respect it and they were fabulous. Rumours going round twitter that the Germany game was called off tonight due to a bomb scare at the stadium. Very worrying.

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/germany-vs-netherlands-game-cancelled-due-to-planned-bomb-attack

https://www.rt.com/news/322476-hannover-stadium-game-cancelled/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed-6849876?ICID=FB_mirror_main
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional