watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (02/08/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 02, 2010, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23862507-there-are-limits-to-the-freedom-of-the-internet.do

And here in London, the suits who sit on the boards of four of our five Premier League clubs (Arsenal, Fulham, Tottenham and West Ham) have all deemed the mildly annoying parp of the vuvuzela too offensive for use at their grounds during the forthcoming season. Grow up, po-faced dictators! It's only a game!
:011: :011: :011:

beijing ben

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 02, 2010, 07:50:16 AM
http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/8/1/1599425/which-direction-will-fulham-go-in?
Which Direction Will Fulham Go In the Future Under Mark Hughes?

The Mark Hughes era at Fulham is about to begin. He will be in the dugout at Craven Cottage this Saturday when the club plays Werder Bremen in the last friendly match before the new season begins. I feel very good about the appointment of Mark Hughes as Fulham manager. I think he is the right man for the job. With that said, Fulham are at the crossroads right now. It is a fragile time for the club. Will they be able to move forward, stay at the same level, or move backwards?  Which direction will Fulham go in the future under Mark Hughes?

In advance, I apologize for any fans who don't like my references to the New England Patriots. I use them as an example because I would love Fulham, to have the type of success that the Pats have had in the NFL. Also, for this post, the experiences I went through with the Patriots helps me explain the current situation with Fulham.

Mark Hughes takes over a club that has a strong nucleus of players. He probably only needs to add a few real good players to the existing team. His job will be to try to take the club forward. The question is will he succeed?  Will his tenure with the club be like Pete Carroll or more like Bill Belichick during their coaching careers with the New England Patriots?
Pete Carroll took over a Patriots team that also had a strong nucleus in 1997. He had the ingredients he needed to succeed. Unfortunately for Pats fans his tenure of being "pumped and jacked"did not work. He tried too hard being the player's friend rather than their head coach. The result was a slow decline over the course of three seasons. I saw a club I love slowly go to the bottom of the NFL. In three seasons the Patriots were 10 - 6, 9 - 7, and finally 8 - 8.  In the end he lost his players and control of the club. I certainly hope this does not happen to Fulham.

Bill Belichick took over for Pete Carroll in 2000 for the New England Patriots. He had a different approach for the club. He stressed "team" instead of glorifying individual players. The Patriots played a disciplined style of football. They didn't beat themselves. In his first season the Patriots took a step backwards. The Pats went 5 -11. However, sometimes you need to take a step backwards to make a giant leap forwards.

In his second year he brought in more players who were willing to buy into what he was selling. The club ended the season 11 - 5. The dramatic change in records from year one to year two was fantastic. But, the result was much better. In 2001 the New England Patriots won the their first of three Super Bowls. Belichick had completely changed the history of the New England Patriots. He was able to build on what was established in 1996 and moved the team forward. He figured out how to succeed where Carroll failed. Can Mark Hughes do the same at Fulham?

Mark Hughes is coming to Fulham and has many ingredients already in place to move the team forward. He already has many good players that have bought into the "team concept" established by Roy Hodgson. Many pieces to the pie are already at Fulham. Based on what I have been reading he will be given funds to upgrade the club with more good players. It sounds like he will have the support from the chairman to help push the Cottagers up the table.

It is now up to Mark Hughes to get the job done. As I stated earlier, I think he is the right man for the job. He has proven this based on his success at Blackburn. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes at Manchester City and can move the Cottagers forward. Will the Mark Hughes era in the end be compared to Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll? I am hoping for the former. Only time will tell which direction Fulham will go in the future under Mark Hughes.

Eric Cartmanez: "I MISINTERPRETED THE RULES"

Not sure if i want Hughes to follow in that guy's footsteps

os5889

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/double-swoop-on-hold-1082470.html

Double swoop on hold
Fulham, 10:51, August 2, 2010

Fulham look to have dropped their interest in Steve Sidwell but a move for Luke Young could still be on the cards.

The Cottagers looked to be closing in on a move for Villa midfielder Sidwell but now that Mark Hughes has taken over at Craven Cottage, he is believed to have other targets.
A deal to take Sidwell to west London is not dead but Villa boss Martin O'Neill says it is hanging in the balance.
"The manager who was expected to go there, Martin Jol, has stayed where he is," O'Neill revealed. "I don't know if a new manager will make things happen quicker or not."
Meanwhile, Fulham are also keen on Villa defender Young and O'Neill says a move could happen after the player rejected a £2.5million move to Liverpool.

In Betfair you can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £25 free bet and give it a try.