watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (02/08/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 02, 2010, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6289542,00.html?
Hughes told to buy Bellamy
Welshman admits former manager is tough act to follow

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies has urged his newly-appointed boss Mark Hughes to buy Craig Bellamy after the Cottagers suffered a 1-0 pre-season defeat against Portsmouth.

Hughes, who was announced on Thursday as the man to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, has long been an admirer of the striker after working with him at Wales, Blackburn and Manchester City.
And with Roberto Mancini's City squad increasing in numbers and top-flight signings continuing to flood into Eastlands, Bellamycould be surplus to requirements for the Italian who will this season aim to build a side capable of securing a UEFA Champions League spot.

Hughes watched on from the director's box at Fratton Park as Marc Wilson's close-range effort was enough to seal the win for Pompey just after the half hour mark.

Despite Fulham fielding 10 of those who started in the Europa League final in May, the Cottagers failed to capitalise on several chances. Striker Bobby Zamora missed three golden opportunities which signalled even more reason for Hughes to dip into the transfer kitty and capture Bellamy's signature.

Temperamental

Since Hughes' arrival he has been linked with a move for the temperamental forward who fellow Welshman Davies believes is a must-buy for the North London club.

"Craig has been one of the best players in the Premier League for the last few years. If we could get him he would be a fantastic addition to the team," Davies told The Mail on Sunday.

"The manager will be trying as hard as he can to bring in players like that."

Davies played under Hughes when he guided Wales to the brink of qualification for Euro 2004 and admitted it would be hard for the former Manchester City manager to emulate the achievements of Hodgson, who has taken over the managerial reins of Liverpool.
"Coming on the back of two of the most successful seasons the club has ever had will be a difficult job," said the 30-year-old.

"But Mark is very ambitious and I'm sure he will be up for the challenge."

Hughes will be formally unveiled as the new boss on Tuesday before taking charge against Werder Bremen on 7th August.

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city/6289566/Davies-urges-Hughes-to-buy-Bellamy?
Davies urges Hughes to buy Bellamy

Simon Davies has welcomed news of Fulham's interest in Craig Bellamy - and has urged his newly-appointed boss Mark Hughes to act quickly.

Hughes, who was announced on Thursday as the man to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, has long been an admirer of the Welshman with the duo having linked up at both Blackburn and Manchester City.

And with Roberto Mancini's squad ever-swelling in numbers, Bellamy could be surplus to requirements ar Eastlands.

Hughes watched on from the director's box at Fratton Park as Marc Wilson's close-range effort was enough to earn Portsmouth a 1-0 win at Fulham on Saturday.

Despite Fulham fielding 10 of those who started in the Europa League final in May, the Cottagers failed to capitalise on several chances.

Since Hughes' arrival he has been linked with a move for the temperamental forward who fellow Welshman Davies believes is a must-buy for the Cottagers.

"Craig has been one of the best players in the Premier League for the last few years. If we could get him he would be a fantastic addition to the team," Davies told The Mail on Sunday.

Davies played under Hughes when he guided Wales to the brink of qualification for Euro 2004 and admitted it would be hard for the former Manchester City manager to emulate the achievements of Hodgson, who has taken over the managerial reins of Liverpool.

"Coming on the back of two of the most successful seasons the club has ever had will be a difficult job," said the 30-year-old.

Hughes will be formally unveiled as the new boss on Tuesday before taking charge against Werder Bremen on August 7.

WhiteJC

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/schwarzer-set-for-crunch-talks-1082251.html?
Schwarzer set for crunch talks

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is set for make or break talks with goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer to try and convince him to stay with the club.

The 37-year-old has been the subject of much speculation since the end of last season, with Arsenal thought to be interested in taking him to the Emirates Stadium.

The Sunday Mirror reports that new Fulham boss Hughes has made keeping hold of the Australian international his number one priority but sources close to the club indicate that Schwarzer has set his heart on a £2.5million move to the Gunners.

Meanwhile, midfielder Simon Davies has urged Hughes to sign Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy following their 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth on Saturday.

Bellamy has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage to link up with Hughes once again, who took him to Eastlands from West Ham.

Davies said: "Craig has been one of the best players in the Premier League for the last few years. If we could get him he would be a fantastic addition to the team."

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206998
Fulham - Could it be Cudicini?
The inference` in the Sunday media today, is that Mark Schwarzer may well get his dream move to Arsenal.

The Australian has, reportedly, expressed his desire to leave to pursue a Champions League dream.

If that is the case the search for a top-notch replacement will start.

One name thrown into the hat by the News of the World is that of the Spurs keeper, Carlo Cudicini.

Cudicini, as you are probably all aware, had a serious motorbike crash last season, an accident that threatened to end his career.

But, the Italian has shown his steely reserve to make it back to top flight football and may well fancy a move across London rather than sit out another season on the Spurs bench.

Good capture or bad capture - your thoughts would be welcomed.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206998#ixzz0vQdOjFF9

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206999
Fulham - Latest on Bellamy!
If the newspapers are correct, it looks like we`re chasing Craig Bellamy with serious intent.

Yesterday one tabloid carried the inference that Mark Hughes had persuaded Bellamy that Fulham would be a better destination that Spurs and today one of his Welsh international colleagues, Simon Davies, has had his say on acquiring the fiery character, remarking,

"Craig Bellamy is a top player and would be a great addition. I`m sure he would do well but it is speculation at the moment so we won`t get too excited yet. If the manager can pull it off, I`m sure he will try."

It may only be speculation but the saying no smoke without fire springs to mind!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206999#ixzz0vQdcccGl

WhiteJC

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pompey_defeat_fulham_in_linvoy_testimonial_541868/index.shtml
Pompey Defeat Fulham In Linvoy Testimonial

Portsmouth 1 Fulham 0
Pompey's pre-season ended on a high as Fulham were beaten 1-0 in Linvoy Primus' testimonial.

The man himself played the first 12 minutes of the game, with every touch of the ball being cheered before receiving a rousing reception from the 6,685 crowd when he was replaced by Kanu. John Utaka and Kevin-Prince Boateng were also curiously present and both took part in the game.

Mullins had to clear Zamora's header off the line early on whilst Utaka managed to strike straight at Mark Schwarzer in only a way he knows how. It looked easier to score!

Pompey did take the lead when Marc Wilson headed in Matt Ritchie's corner and were comfortable enough to hold a full strength Fulham side to half-chances during the rest of the first half.

The second half was your typical friendly fare as it was littered with many substitutions from both sides. Boateng added a touch of class to the midfield and tried his luck from distance on a couple of occasions.

One positive note to take from this game was Ibrahima Sonko's debut performance in a Pompey shirt. He looked strong, solid and composed in the heart of our defence and looks to be a good acquisition based on this early outing.

Matt Ritchie also managed to produce a few decent crosses from left back whilst Tommy Smith also looked good. Linvoy came out for a lap of honour for the fans that stayed but I was disappointed that there weren't more people there to show their appreciation for the man.

Mind you, you can't really read too much into this performance as we beat Rangers 2-0 in the last home pre-season friendly and then went on to lose our first seven games!

The appeal hearing is what it's all about now. Tuesday is the latest "huge day" in the history of Portsmouth FC. Let's hope we get the outcome we want.

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6289691/Ireland-unaware-of-transfer-speculation?
Ireland unaware of transfer speculation

Stephen Ireland insists he is not paying too much attention to transfer speculation as he fights for his future at Manchester City.

The midfielder established himself as a key player for the club a couple of seasons ago but had limited opportunities to impress under Roberto Mancini towards the end of last term.

The arrival of more new faces this summer will make it more difficult for Ireland to feature regularly, while reports have suggested that he could be on the move.

Sunderland, Fulham and Tottenham are among those thought to be monitoring his situation but the 23-year-old knows nothing about any concrete interest.

He admits he might have to consider his options if he is not playing much when the transfer window reopens halfway through the campaign, but for now he is focused solely on doing as well as he can for City.

"I am very ambitious but accept things are out of my hands. I have a contract so all I can do is keep performing, presenting myself well in training," Ireland explained.

"If I have to move on, then so be it, but I am happy to stay and keep working.

"Of course, if I haven't played much by Christmas then any player would want to know what is happening.

"I only know what I read in the papers. I haven't heard one bit of solid interest.

"I have heard Fulham, Spurs and Sunderland mentioned but I have not been told anything.

"I'd hope the club would contact me if there was some interest, but I am not looking at that.

"I have never come out once in the press and said I want to leave or kick up a fuss.

"The way it stands at the moment I am working my socks off in training and trying to prove to the gaffer I am good enough to be here and stay."

Mancini's recent challenge for Ireland to prove that he deserves to be in City's 25-man squad indicates that he could have to be patient this season.

However, Ireland is relishing the competition for places and believes he can play a crucial role over the coming 12 months.

"I want to push for a place in the starting eleven. It might take me a while to prove that to him but I will do everything in my power to work hard and prove to him I can play," he stated.

"I have been training hard in America on the pre-season tour and I need to build on that.

"I found that very difficult last season, being in and out of the side. But looking back at it the gaffer came in and had a few months to try to get us into fourth position and, unluckily, we just didn't quite get there.

"But now he has more time he can maybe re-evaluate me and, hopefully, rate me and give me a chance. If he does then I need to take it.

"I think he definitely rates me and he has put me in my position that sets me free in certain areas.

"We have a big squad of players with great depth so you have to try your best in every game and every day to impress and show your quality in training.

"Hopefully, I can play a part in what is happening here."

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/8/1/1599425/which-direction-will-fulham-go-in?
Which Direction Will Fulham Go In the Future Under Mark Hughes?

The Mark Hughes era at Fulham is about to begin. He will be in the dugout at Craven Cottage this Saturday when the club plays Werder Bremen in the last friendly match before the new season begins. I feel very good about the appointment of Mark Hughes as Fulham manager. I think he is the right man for the job. With that said, Fulham are at the crossroads right now. It is a fragile time for the club. Will they be able to move forward, stay at the same level, or move backwards?  Which direction will Fulham go in the future under Mark Hughes?

In advance, I apologize for any fans who don't like my references to the New England Patriots. I use them as an example because I would love Fulham, to have the type of success that the Pats have had in the NFL. Also, for this post, the experiences I went through with the Patriots helps me explain the current situation with Fulham.

Mark Hughes takes over a club that has a strong nucleus of players. He probably only needs to add a few real good players to the existing team. His job will be to try to take the club forward. The question is will he succeed?  Will his tenure with the club be like Pete Carroll or more like Bill Belichick during their coaching careers with the New England Patriots?
Pete Carroll took over a Patriots team that also had a strong nucleus in 1997. He had the ingredients he needed to succeed. Unfortunately for Pats fans his tenure of being "pumped and jacked"did not work. He tried too hard being the player's friend rather than their head coach. The result was a slow decline over the course of three seasons. I saw a club I love slowly go to the bottom of the NFL. In three seasons the Patriots were 10 - 6, 9 - 7, and finally 8 - 8.  In the end he lost his players and control of the club. I certainly hope this does not happen to Fulham.

Bill Belichick took over for Pete Carroll in 2000 for the New England Patriots. He had a different approach for the club. He stressed "team" instead of glorifying individual players. The Patriots played a disciplined style of football. They didn't beat themselves. In his first season the Patriots took a step backwards. The Pats went 5 -11. However, sometimes you need to take a step backwards to make a giant leap forwards.

In his second year he brought in more players who were willing to buy into what he was selling. The club ended the season 11 - 5. The dramatic change in records from year one to year two was fantastic. But, the result was much better. In 2001 the New England Patriots won the their first of three Super Bowls. Belichick had completely changed the history of the New England Patriots. He was able to build on what was established in 1996 and moved the team forward. He figured out how to succeed where Carroll failed. Can Mark Hughes do the same at Fulham?

Mark Hughes is coming to Fulham and has many ingredients already in place to move the team forward. He already has many good players that have bought into the "team concept" established by Roy Hodgson. Many pieces to the pie are already at Fulham. Based on what I have been reading he will be given funds to upgrade the club with more good players. It sounds like he will have the support from the chairman to help push the Cottagers up the table.

It is now up to Mark Hughes to get the job done. As I stated earlier, I think he is the right man for the job. He has proven this based on his success at Blackburn. Let's hope he learns from his mistakes at Manchester City and can move the Cottagers forward. Will the Mark Hughes era in the end be compared to Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll? I am hoping for the former. Only time will tell which direction Fulham will go in the future under Mark Hughes.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7436
Hughes watches Fulham go down to Pompey
by DAN on AUGUST 1, 2010

Mark Hughes made copious notes in the Fratton Park sunshine as he watched his Fulham side lose 1-0 at Portsmouth in their penultimate pre-season friendly yesterday afternoon.

The new Fulham manager saw a strong side dominate the early stages of Linvoy Primus' testimonial, when a Bobby Zamora chip was scrambled off the line, but fade badly after the first twenty minutes. The home side, preparing for life in the Championship after a traumatic season last year, secured a morale-boosting win thanks to Marc Wilson's fine header shortly after the half hour. The kind of slack marking that will greatly exasperate Hughes should it be repeated come August 14 at Bolton allowed Wilson to escape Brede Hangeland's attentions and power home Matt Ritchie's corner.

Zamora went close on a couple of occassions, twice being denied by Jamie Ashdown in the Portsmouth goal, but the pace of the game slowed dramatically after a host of substitutions around the hour mark. Ray Lewington's latest firefighting role ends in defeat, the first he had suffered in five games since Roy Hodgson's departure in early July.

Hughes is rumoured to be looking at bringing in several signings to bolster the squad before the start of the season, with Craig Bellamy being heavily tipped to head to Craven Cottage if he agrees to a substantial cut in his current wages. On this evidence, Fulham certainly will need some more firepower up front.

Hughes will take charge of new charges for the first time when Fulham conclude their pre-season programme with their only home friendly of the summer, against Werder Bremen, on Saturday afternoon.

PORTSMOUTH (4-4-2): Ashdown; Mullins, Ritchie, Sonko, Wilson (Gregory 60); Brown, Primus (Kanu 12; Pack 74), R. Hughes (Ciftci 68), Smith; Nugent (Martin 81), Utaka (Boateng 62). Sub (not used): O'Brien.

GOAL: Wilson (31).

FULHAM (4-4-1-1): Schwarzer; Pantsil (Stoor 60), Konchesky (Kelly 60), A. Hughes, Hangeland; Baird (Dikgacoi 60), Murphy (Greening 75), Davies, Duff (Dempsey 60); Gera (E. Johnson 45); Zamora (Riise 75). Sub (not used): Stockdale.

REFEREE: Iain Williamson (Berkshire).

ATTENDANCE: 6,885

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7438
Fulham launch legal action against Premier League chief executive
by DAN on AUGUST 1, 2010

We all know about Mohamed Al Fayed's love of lawyers, but this one looks interesting.

Fulham have long been sore about missing out on Peter Crouch and are apparently unsatisfied by the result of a Premier League investigation into Sir Dave Richards' role in the transfer.

Fulham are asking the court to order an injunction restraining the chairman [Richards] from taking any role in the transfer of players or, alternatively, that the court remove the chairman from the board of the Premier League," the e-mail said."The inquiry concluded the chairman's actions had not been detrimental to Fulham, and that it was not inappropriate for the chairman to assist in such matters when requested to do so by a club.

"The claim is that Fulham have been unfairly prejudiced in their capacity as a member of the Premier League, as a result of alleged assistance provided by the chairman to Portsmouth in securing the transfer of Peter Crouch to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2009."

Richards, who has built up a formidable power base in domestic football after stepping down as Sheffield Wednesday's chairman, is expected to vigorously contest the claims.

WhiteJC

http://hammyend.com/?p=7440
Davies keen on Bellamy move
by DAN on AUGUST 1, 2010

No surprise that Simon Davies would be keen on Craig Bellamy joining Fulham as they linked up so well together for Wales over the years.

The real sticking point will be wages – and, of course, there's no way of knowing whether this is anything more than the usual tabloid tittle-tattle.

Craig has been one of the best players in the Premier League for the last few years. If we could get him he would be a fantastic addition to the team. The manager will be trying as hard as he can to bring in players like that.

Coming on the back of two of the most successful seasons the club has ever had will be a difficult job. But Mark is very ambitious and I'm sure he will be up for the challenge.

WhiteJC

http://www.eufootball.biz/Legal/8486-fulham_submit_legal_case_against_premier_league_boss.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+eufootball+%28Daily+headlines%29
Fulham submit legal case against Premier League boss

English Fulham are taking legal action against Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards, asking the courts to sack Richards from his position.

The club claims they have been unfairly prejudiced by Richards when he got involved in Peter Crouch's GBP 9 million transfer from Portsmouth to Tottenham last summer.

According to the club, they will provide witness statements from both Richards and Crouch, admitting the Premier League chairman personally telephoned the player ahead of the transfer.

The Premier League have carried out their own internal investigations and according to the findings Richards has done nothing wrong. However, Fulham are not satisfied by the outcome of the inquiry and the club demands their complaint be heard in an open court to expose all the details of their allegations against Richards.

"Fulham are asking the court to order an injunction restraining the chairman [Richards] from taking any role in the transfer of players or, alternatively, that the court remove the chairman from the board of the Premier League," the Premier League chief executive, Richard Scudamore, confirmed.

"The claim is that Fulham have been unfairly prejudiced in their capacity as a member of the Premier League, as a result of alleged assistance provided by the chairman to Portsmouth in securing the transfer of Peter Crouch to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2009."

WhiteJC

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_6290952,00.html?
TOTTENHAM TO SELL CROUCH?
A new one this: The Daily Mirror's backpage lead is their claim that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp 'is ready to sell Peter Crouch as he gears up for some major wheeler-dealing at Tottenham.'

Hmm.

We're a long way from being convinced, but do carry on, chaps:

'The White Hart Lane boss is looking to shake up his attack and would sacrifice the England striker for around £7million if he can find a quick replacement.

'Redknapp is looking for more strength in his attack and insiders reveal Crouch was being teed up for a sale to Fulham before manager Roy Hodgson left for Liverpool.'

According to the Mirror, Hodgson's successor at Craven Cottage, Mark Hughes, might still be interested in Crouch and 'a sensational return to Liverpool is not out of the question.'

And is anywhere else a possibility?

'And England star Crouch could be pitched into the Tottenham move for West Ham midfield dynamo Scott Parker.'

WhiteJC

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/147164/Man-City-block-Tottenham-s-Craig-Bellamy-loan-bid/
MAN CITY BLOCK TOTTENHAM'S CRAIG BELLAMY LOAN BID

MANCHESTER CITY have blocked Tottenham's attempt to sign Craig Bellamy on loan.

And Spurs now face a fight with new Fulham boss Mark Hughes for the Wales striker.

Brian Marwood, City's Football Administrator, is reluctant to do business with Tottenham, as he sees them as one of his club's main rivals this season.

Spurs pipped City for fourth place – and a Champions' League spot – last season.

And he certainly wasn't interested in a loan move for Bellamy, who cost City £14 million from West Ham only 18 months ago.
Hughes was the manager who signed Bellamy then for City and also managed him with Wales and Blackburn.

The volatile striker, 31, is again one of Hughes' top targets and the new Fulham manager is set to go head-to-head with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp for Bellamy.

The indications are that City would prefer to do a deal with Sparky, their former manager.

But eventually it will come down to which club makes the better offer – both to City and the player.

beijing ben

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 02, 2010, 07:42:24 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6289542,00.html?
Hughes told to buy Bellamy
Welshman admits former manager is tough act to follow

Fulham midfielder Simon Davies has urged his newly-appointed boss Mark Hughes to buy Craig Bellamy after the Cottagers suffered a 1-0 pre-season defeat against Portsmouth.

Hughes, who was announced on Thursday as the man to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, has long been an admirer of the striker after working with him at Wales, Blackburn and Manchester City.
And with Roberto Mancini's City squad increasing in numbers and top-flight signings continuing to flood into Eastlands, Bellamycould be surplus to requirements for the Italian who will this season aim to build a side capable of securing a UEFA Champions League spot.

Hughes watched on from the director's box at Fratton Park as Marc Wilson's close-range effort was enough to seal the win for Pompey just after the half hour mark.

Despite Fulham fielding 10 of those who started in the Europa League final in May, the Cottagers failed to capitalise on several chances. Striker Bobby Zamora missed three golden opportunities which signalled even more reason for Hughes to dip into the transfer kitty and capture Bellamy's signature.

Temperamental

Since Hughes' arrival he has been linked with a move for the temperamental forward who fellow Welshman Davies believes is a must-buy for the North London club.

Hughes will be formally unveiled as the new boss on Tuesday before taking charge against Werder Bremen on 7th August.

Hey? You mean Simon Davies is urging Spurs to sign him?... Terrible...

os5889

http://www.footylatest.com/tottenham-looking-to-offload-striker-and-target-two-midfielders/15639

Tottenham looking to offload striker and target two midfielders
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is preparing to offload striker Peter Crouch to either Fulham or Liverpool with the intention of bringing in either Stephen Ireland or Scott Parker according to The Daily Mirror. It has been anticipated that since after the World Cup is completed that Redknapp would hit the transfer market with a vengeance to strengthen his Spurs squad but to date there has been very little activity at White Hart Lane, that is apparently about to change.

The Mirror have run more than one story on the rumours linking players in and out of White Hart Lane and while anything The Mirror prints should be taken with a pinch of salt it is an indication that Tottenham will be one of a handful of teams that the press will concentrate on with rumour and speculation and if Redknapps history is anything to go by then the press are probably making the right choice in targeting Spurs.

Redknapp himself has stated that Spurs do need a couple of quality players, and both a striker and a midfielder seem to be high on his list and one can only guess that by selling a striker in Crouch that Redknapp is lining up a replacement for the England International, it also increases the chances that Robbie Keane may stay at White Hart Lane.

Stephen Ireland is probably the more likely midfield target as West Ham have made it clear that Scott Parker is not for sale and Ireland will come cheaper in any event with a fee of £15 Million being touted in some quarters, West Ham have told Tottenham that they will need a min of £20 Million to get Parker.

Bottom line is that it will be an interesting few weeks at White Hart Lane, no one wheels and deals better that old Harry Redknapp.

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6291387,00.html

Pantsil refutes Baggies rumour

Cottagers defender distances himself from transfer talk

Fulham full-back John Pantsil has played down speculation linking him with a move to West Brom.

Reports had suggested that the Ghana international could be sacrificed by new Cottagers boss Mark Hughes as he looks to stamp his own authority on an inherited squad.

The Baggies were rumoured to be among those willing to take the 29-year-old should he become available, as they are desperate for established Premier League performers.

Pantsil, though, claims there is no substance to the speculation and insists he is more than happy at Craven Cottage.

"I don't know anything about that report and I am fully concentrating on Fulham with the season just about to start," he told Ghanasoccernet.com.

Discomfort

"Coach Mark Hughes has not even met the playing body yet so it is impossible that such conclusions have been made.

"Journalists must cross check facts before coming out with such stories because it is causing a lot of discomfort."

Pantsil, who enjoyed a successful World Cup campaign with the Black Stars, currently has one year remaining on his Fulham contract.

He has been in England since 2006, having spent two years with West Ham prior to joining the Cottagers.

os5889

http://news.freebettingonline.co.uk/3353/premier-league-transfer-rumours-02-august

Less than two weeks to go now until the Premier League season begins meaning transfer rumours are at a premium...

Tottenham;
The Daily Mirror are this morning going with the story that Harry Redknapp could be ready to offload striker Peter Crouch because he is looking to "shake up his attack." They suggest that he could make a return to Liverpool or be offered as part of a swap deal for West Ham's Scott Parker.
That could pave the way for Spurs to bring in Craig Bellamy who is also attracting interest from new Fulham manager Mark Hughes.

Chelsea;
Ashley Cole is going nowhere. That is the top and bottom of this story. Carlo Ancelotti will not allow Real Madrid to court the left back who he believes is the best in the world.

Arsenal;
Barcelona's players are refusing to let the whole Cesc Fabregas transfer saga go quiet. Lionel Messi is the latest to talk to the press about the Arsenal captain stating that he is confident that he will be playing alongside him this season at the Nou Camp.

Aston Villa;
Villa and Manchester City are still unable to agree on a fee regarding England midfielder James Milner. However, Martin O'Neill is lining up Celtic midfielder Aiden McGeady as a possible replacement should he lose the services of the youngster.

Written By:- Jaymes (About our Authors)

os5889

http://www.worldfootballinsider.com/Story.aspx?id=33587

Richards fights for his career
Premier League chairman Dave Richards will face one of the most serious challenges to his 11-year reign as Fulham take legal action against him for alleged interference in Peter Crouch's transfer from Portsmouth last summer. Fulham had an £11 million bid for Crouch accepted by the south coast club, only for him to rejoin Tottenham for £9 million four days later. Fulham allege that Crouch's switch to London came about after Richards held talks with Portsmouth's former CEO Peter Storrie. Richards accepts that he spoke with Storrie – a personal friend – but vigourously denies any wrongdoing. The court action follows a Premier League inquiry in April, which exonerated Richards. Last week Premier League CEO Richard Scudamore confirmed the action in an email circulated to the EPL's shareholders. "Fulham are asking the court to order an injunction restraining the chairman [Richards] from taking any role in the transfer of players or, alternatively, that the court remove the chairman from the board of the Premier League."

os5889

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/02/2052349/arsenal-goalkeeper-manuel-almunia-keen-to-stay-at-the

Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia keen to stay at the Emirates

Spaniard has no plans to leave club...

Manuel Almunia insists he is happy to stay at Arsenal, despite rumours linking him with a move away from the club.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is yet to confirm who his first choice goalkeeper will be for this season but is believed to be interested in signing Fulham's Mark Schwarzer.

Wenger has given his back-up goalkeepers Lukasz Fabianski, Victor Mannone and Wojciech Szczesny the chance to impress during pre-season but Almunia remains favourite to start in goal if a move for Schwarzer fails to materialise.

Speaking after Arsenal retained the Emirates Cup with a 3-2 win over Celtic, Almunia insisted he will stay at the club to see out the rest of his contract.

"I don't need to convince anybody, I just do my job," he told Sky Sports.

"I have a couple more years on my contract and that's it, I'm an Arsenal player."

Almunia joined Arsenal from Celta Vigo in 2004 and has made 161 appearances for the club.