watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele and his Agents

Started by Loz, November 15, 2015, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loz

Mousa just gave a pretty brief interview where he twice brought up his agents and started banging on about how highly he valued them.

"The secret to my success is my state of mind and my agents played a huge part in that. We are very close and we talk all the time."

"I don't deceive. I give 100% everytime I wear the shirt. For the rest, my agents are dealing with it."

Time to abandon all hope of keeping him in January, me thinks. Pity.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/exclusive-interview-moussa-dembele-it-is-a-state-of-mind-that-we-call-beast-mode/E
@LawrenceQuilty

alexmur

Yeah but I think we have him till the end of the season and he will go on a free to spurs. better financially for him and his agents

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ToodlesMcToot

Word on the street here in The US is that a Champs. club has bid 3 million for Gyasi Zardes. Though he's a bit older, I make him to be a very similar player in many respects.

Could be that Moussa's intent is already known and a replacement lined up. Just a guess really. No link to us.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

David Allen Crankshaw

If Dembele hasn't signed by the end of the year I think he should be made available for transfer in January. It would be a shame if we were to lose him for nothing at the end of the season when there might be a small chance of picking up some cash at the start of next year. However I think his agents have already decided where his future will be and I fear it won't be at Fulham.

filham

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 15, 2015, 03:45:57 PM
If Dembele hasn't signed by the end of the year I think he should be made available for transfer in January. It would be a shame if we were to lose him for nothing at the end of the season when there might be a small chance of picking up some cash at the start of next year. However I think his agents have already decided where his future will be and I fear it won't be at Fulham.

I suspect he is looking for the likes of Spurs in the Premiership or a top French team. He is not really ready for that standard yet so no big team will need him to play this season but will view him as a prospect for next season. They will be more than happy to wait a while and get him for free.

Robbie

It is inevitable he will go (and warm a bench somewhere). The issue is how much money we can get for him. To me he is replaceable.

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 15, 2015, 03:16:56 PM
Word on the street here in The US is that a Champs. club has bid 3 million for Gyasi Zardes. Though he's a bit older, I make him to be a very similar player in many respects.

Could be that Moussa's intent is already known and a replacement lined up. Just a guess really. No link to us.
cant see us bidding for anyone yet, surely we would wait for the new head coach
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Quote from: Robbie on November 15, 2015, 05:44:00 PM
It is inevitable he will go (and warm a bench somewhere). The issue is how much money we can get for him. To me he is replaceable.

No doubt he is replaceable but how much will it cost us to replace him.

Loz

If Dembele was our star player and taking the Championship by storm, then I'd hold my hands up and say fair enough. But his goal record this season flatters him to be honest; he's got bags of potential but is nowhere near ready to do the business for Spurs or whoever. A move at this stage to go make up Premier League squad numbers would be bad for him and,whatever the price, it's a poor return on the work the club put in to development. So much short term thinking in football these days and it's the mid-size clubs like us who suffer for it.
@LawrenceQuilty

grandad

Spuds are probably saying that as they paid us £20 mil for D&D we want D Mk 2 for as little as possible.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Best we can hope for is spurs buy him in Jan,then loan him back to us,as he would have signed by now so sell him in January and get some money for the boy.Ability wise he's gonna be some player!

Blanco

He also said this. So lets hope he does actually stay.

"Every week the media is sending me to different clubs. "It is funny and flattering but on a serious note I am focusing on Fulham and promotion to the Premier League. All the other things do not affect me that much."

Horsfield_No9

I think he says all the right things in interviews. Lots of things are taken out of context to make stories although those same interviews always include him saying he is grateful to be at Fulham and always gives 100% for the team. I have no doubt he will do his best for us and is committed (at the moment) but should a Prem club come knocking what would you do? A team offers you 10 x more money and a chance to play at a higher level in front of more fans against the worlds best. The fact is any pro player believes if they are bought they are good enough to make whatever position they are competing for their own. I'm sure Roberts believes he can break in to the City team. It's not only about money but ambition of a player.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Carborundum

Quote from: westcliff white on November 15, 2015, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 15, 2015, 03:16:56 PM

cant see us bidding for anyone yet, surely we would wait for the new head coach
I wonder if this is where the razor comes down between "manager" and "head coach" roles.  We would definitely wait for a new manager before acting.  But maybe the point about a head coach is that he effectively gets told "this is who you are getting mate", with maybe some influence on which positions need strengthening and some courtesy questions to ask what the head coach thinks of prospective players.

Still don't understand the difference as it really matters - Mr Khan and Mr Riggs definition - and suppose it's likely to be a negotiation point.  Can't really imagine the best candidates would accept a completely passive role in transfer targets.

PaulJ123

He can definitely be replaced at this stage of his career, Mccormack couldn't.