watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (17/11/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 17, 2015, 08:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tottenham's January striker target responds to Spurs links and eyes Premier League promotion

Moussa Dembele of Fulham in action (Photo by Harry Trump/Getty Images)

Fulham forward Moussa Dembele admits talk of him joining Spurs is just speculation at this stage.

The French youngster has already notched eight times this season and has made it difficult to drop him unlike in recent seasons.

Fulham are going through a transitional period, still looking for Kit Symons' replacement, but that won't turn Dembele's head and neither will transfer talk.

"Every week the media is sending me to different clubs," Dembele told Get French Football News.

"It is funny and flattering but on a serious note I am focusing on Fulham and promotion to the Premier League.

"All the other things do not affect me that much. I don't deceive. I give 100 per cent every time I wear the shirt. For the rest, my agents are dealing with it.

"The secret to my success is my state of mind and my agents played a huge part in that. We are very close and we talk all the time.

"They motivate me to make sure things are working in the way that they should be."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/tottenham_s_january_striker_target_responds_to_spurs_links_and_eyes_premier_league_promotion_1_4312690
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Pearson the frontrunner to become Fulham boss

Nigel Pearson remains the favourite to become the new manager of both Fulham and Queens Park Rangers. However it is now strongly believed that he is in line to become the successor to Kit Symons at Craven Cottage with Fulham in the coming days.

HITC is reporting that he is now the frontrunner to become their new boss, even though he also remains in contention to take over at Loftus Road. The Fulham hierarchy are said to be very keen to get a new man in before the end of the international break. With only a few days remaining, the club will either need to move swiftly or finally dot the I's and cross the T's.

52-year-old Pearson, who has been out of work since leaving Leicester City at the end of last season, has now expressed his desire to get back into management. It would seem that the Fulham job is an attractive enough proposition to tempt him back into the game, in a division he has enjoyed plenty of success in.

The Cottagers currently lie bang in mid-table in the Championship, sitting in twelfth spot. Pearson has twice reached the play-offs and once won the title in this division, and would be looking to enjoy instant success, should he be given the responsibility with this new.

Paul Lambert was also said to be in the running for this job, but yesterday he was appointed the new boss at Championship rivals Blackburn Rovers. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Slavisa Jokanovic, Mark Warburton, Uwe Rosler, Harry Redknapp and David Moyes are some of the many names that were also mentioned about becoming the new Fulham manager at one stage or another.

http://the72.co.uk/40047/pearson-the-frontrunner-to-become-fulham-boss/?

WhiteJC

Under-21 Fixture Change

Fans are advised that Thursday's Under-21 meeting with Aston Villa at Motspur Park will now kick-off at 1pm and has been confirmed as a behind-closed-doors fixture.

Therefore we regret that no supporters will be permitted to attend the game. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/16/under-21-fixture-change?

WhiteJC

Former Fulham star Lee Clark tells talkSPORT he would love to return as manager

Lee Clark has told talkSPORT he would relish the opportunity to take charge of Fulham.

The former Craven Cottage star is itching to return to management after ending a tumultuous six-month spell at Blackpool in May.

He has now thrown his hat into the ring for the vacancy at Fulham, although he accepts he is an outsider for the role given some of the experienced names being bandied about.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the 43-year-old said: "Would I be interested in being manager of Fulham? Of course I would. I would be absolutely delighted it that were to be the case.

"It is a special club to play for, there are terrific people behind the scenes, and it was a brilliant place for me to live with the family.

"Of course I would throw my hat into the ring for that but there is a lot of people with more experience than me who have been linked with that one."

Clark won just three of his 33 games as Blackpool boss but his time at Bloomfield Road was blighted by off-field struggles.

He admits he should never have taken on the job and hopes Football League chairmen look at his previous work with Birmingham and Huddersfield when considering whether to hand him another opportunity.

"The next one has got to be right," he said.

"I made a mistake with my last choice, everyone could see that.

"Hopefully, people will see past that and see the work I did in the previous two under different circumstances at Huddersfield and Birmingham and give me an opportunity."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/former-fulham-star-lee-clark-tells-talksport-he-would-love-return-manager-151116174436#7r2wpzbVC0IGjXpW.99

WhiteJC

History of Fulham/Spurs transplants suggests precocious Cottager must steer clear of the Lane

Hot on the heels of Ross McCormack in the Fulham scoring charts is French striker Moussa Dembele, whose seven Championship strikes this term have alerted Tottenham and Everton to his abilities.

Heralded as the new Mousa Dembele, locale and superior financial muscle makes the Lilywhites favourites to lure the Frenchman to White Hart Lane, where his near-identically named counterpart is currently flying having made the same move in 2012.

But if the Cottagers' frontman wants to continue on his upward trajectory, a move anywhere but north London will be most beneficial.

Spurs' resident Dembele may be prospering at present, but his spike in form comes after three seasons of relative mediocrity interjected with the occasional, though unsustained, good performance.

Across this timeframe, he scored a paltry three Premier League goals; a tally so far below his capabilities he is one shy from doubling it after a mere nine appearances this term.

However, there's nothing abnormal about Dembele's struggles when the toils of those to trade Craven Cottage for the brighter lights of the Lane are taken into account.

Belgian-born Frenchman Steed Malbranque was the silk in Fulham's midfield for five years at the start of the century, before moving to Spurs in 2006.

Malbranque featured regularly for two seasons, before being shipped off to Sunderland following the arrival of considerably smoother operator Luka Modric.

Craven Cottage scoring sensation Clint Dempsey suffered a dramatic drop in form upon making the same switch, scoring 17 in 37 league games during his final season in west London, before registering just seven in 29 with the Lilywhites before returning to his native USA.

Sean Davis was another Fulham hit to flop at Spurs, featuring just 15 times across two seasons for the north Londoners between 2004 and 2006 after being a staple of the Cottagers' midfield prior to his transfer.

Players moving in the opposite direction aren't immune to having their form sapped either, with Lewis Holtby failing to showcase the talents he demonstrated in the Bundesliga when on loan at Fulham from Spurs.

The twilight years of Scott Parker's career haven't been especially enjoyable either, with the Cottagers relegated from the Championship in his first season at the club followed by failure to get promotion in his second.

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/history-of-fulhamspurs-transplants-suggests-precocious-cottager-must-steer-clear-of-the-lane,91540.html

WhiteJC

Kait Scores For Estonia

Mattias Kait scored his first goal for Estonia Under-21s as they defeated San Marino 2-1 on Sunday.

The 17-year-old opened the scoring on 26 minutes in the European Championship Qualifier in Serravalle, but his side were dealt a blow moments later when German Šlein was shown a straight red card.

Nevertheless, it was Estonia who scored next when San Marino's Davide Cesarini put through his own net just after half-time, although the defender made amends shortly after when he scored at the right end to half the deficit.

San Marino had Juri Biordi sent off for a second bookable offence late on as Estonia held on to secure the three points and move above their opponents at the bottom of Group 6.

Like Kait, Shane Elworthy also saw 90 minutes of action as the Republic of Ireland Under-19 side won 3-0 in their Euro Qualifier against Latvia.

Euan Mulhern struck either side of a Graham Kelly effort to secure victory for the Irish, and a draw against Scotland on Wednesday would now be enough to see them advance to the Elite Round of qualifying.

Moussa Dembélé may well have featured again for France Under-20s on Saturday, but their game against England was called off following the tragic events in Paris.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/16/kait-scores-for-estonia?

WhiteJC

Fulham ticket update: limited numbers now available

Become a Club Member to avoid missing our game at Craven Cottage.
Tickets for our away fixture against our local rivals are selling fast. More than 3,800 Brentford fans have already secured their tickets for the game making sure The Bees will receive a great support at Craven Cottage. A further allocation of 500 tickets is being sent today [Monday] and due to the continued demand they are on sale now to Season Ticket Holders and Club Members until 10am tomorrow. If any tickets remain after this time they will go on sale to previous purchasers. 
So don't miss out, why not become a Club Member to be able to secure your seats today. Tickets are available for both Adult and Junior Members and by signing up your child today, your young bee will also receive a Welcome Pack with some great gifts – for only £5.
Don't forget, as an Adult Member, you'll also receive £5 off your own home league match tickets to watch The Bees at Griffin Park throughout the remainder of the season.
Find out more about our Club Membership and join today to secure your tickets for Fulham v Brentford on Saturday 12 December.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-brentford-ticket-update-16.11.15-2803243.aspx#zzT0XJ7xpECsbV2G.99

WhiteJC

Former Birmingham boss Lee Clark interested in vacant Fulham manager's job

Former Birmingham City manager Lee Clark has thrown his name into the mix to become the new Fulham manager, according to the London Evening Standard.

It is understood Fulham are looking to appoint a new manager this week and Lee Clark has thrown his name into the mix.

Fulham are on the hunt for a new manager after sacking Kit Symons after a 5-2 home defeat to Birmingham City before the international break.

Fulham owner Shahid Khan is desperate for the London club to get into the play-offs and try and get back into the Premier League.

Clark has been out of a job since May after leaving Blackpool who were later relegated to League One.

The manager does have an abundance of experience working in the Football League, having had stints in charge of Huddersfield Town, Birmingham City and Blackpool.

Clark said he wouldn't turn the opportunity down if it arose, "Everyone knows what I think about that place," he said to the London Evening Standard.

"If you are saying, 'Would I be interested in being manager of Fulham?' Of course I would throw my hat in the ring. I would be absolutely delighted if that was the case.

Meanwhile, on the field, Fulham are 12th in the Championship with 20 points from 16 games so far this season.

The Cottagers travel to Stadium:MK on Saturday to face MK Dons, in a match that the West London club will be desperate to win, to subsequently get back to winning ways in the league.

Whoever takes the helm at the Championship outfit will inherit a talented squad, including star players like Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack – but the challenge will be instilling an element of consistency and form, that has so far deserted the London outfit.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/former-birmingham-boss-lee-clark-interested-in-vacant-fulham-managers-job/?#6dHQ2EFDqdc5WufV.99

WhiteJC

Ewell's Motspur Visit

When Fulham took on Brentford last season at Craven Cottage, sat amongst the crowd were over 900 players, coaches and parents from Surrey County FA Charter Standard clubs, all present for our annual Junior Club Day.

Every season, as part of our longstanding work with Surrey FA, the Club provides the opportunity for local teams to attend a fixture at the Cottage by offering a special ticket offer, with all junior fans in attendance also receiving a free goody bag.

As with previous Junior Club Days, the club who managed to achieve the biggest turnout at the match were announced on the big screens, and a group of representatives were invited pitch-side at half-time.

2015's runaway winners were Ewell Saxons FC, who brought over 150 club members to the match! In addition to winning a signed shirt, two groups from the club's wide programme – with teams starting from as young as three years old – were invited to Motspur Park on Saturday 14th November to take part in a two-hour coaching session led by our Fulham Football Club Foundation coaches.

The sides were taken through their paces and completed drills designed to develop their passing, dribbling and shooting skills – with Billy the Badger also trying his hand at some goalkeeping! – before taking part in a training match.

A great afternoon was had by all at the Training Ground, and you can take a look at some of the best pictures below.

Junior Club Day will return in 2016, when there will be a chance for groups and clubs with Charter Standard Affiliation to head down to Craven Cottage. More information will be announced on fulhamfc.com in the New Year.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/16/ewells-motspur-visit?

WhiteJC

Clark puts name forward

Lee Clark says he is hoping to be considered for the vacant Fulham manager's job as the club look to make an appointment this week. -

Cottager's chief football officer Mike Rigg is leading the search for the club's next boss and the London Evening Standard have reported that he hopes to have a new head coach in charge before Saturday's clash with MK Dons. Having missed out on Paul Lambert, who has joined Blackburn, Nigel Pearson is the current bookmaker's favourite for the job, while Uwe Rosler and Alan Curbishley are also thought to be under consideration. Clark has now put his name forward as he bids to return to management having been without a job since he left Blackpool in May. "Everyone knows what I think about that place," Clark, who made more than 170 appearances for Fulham as a player, told the Evening Standard. "If you are saying, 'Would I be interested in being manager of Fulham?' Of course I would throw my hat in the ring. I would be absolutely delighted if that was the case. It is a special club to play for with terrific people behind the scenes." -

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/championship/clark-puts-name-forward-1789017.html?

WhiteJC

Report: QPR line up Martin Jol... what would Fulham fans say?

The R's are reportedly considering hiring the former Fulham boss.

Queens Park Rangers are lining up a move for Martin Jol, according to the Daily Mail.

The Dutchman has been out of work since being sacked by Fulham in 2013, having also managed Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League

But the Mail report that the out-of-work coach is a candidate for QPR, with Jol looking to get back into football after an extended period out of the game.

Neil Warnock is currently in charge as caretaker coach of the R's, succeeding the sacked Chris Ramsey.

How would Fulham fans react to the news, however?

Jol ultimately failed miserably at Craven Cottage, with his initial impact being undone by his tendency to sign slow, older players and offload those supporters considered actually capable of making an impact in west London.

Appointing the Dutchman would no doubt be seen as another uninspiring choice from the QPR hierarchy and the fact no one has given him a chance since his Fulham spell suggests they would be better off steering clear.

But you never know with QPR; what if Jol ends up in a dugout against Fulham later this season?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/16/report-qpr-line-up-martin-jol-what-would-fulham-fans-say/?

WhiteJC

Dembele Leaves It To His Agents!

We still don`t know whether we`ll be able to keep hold of our exciting young French forward Moussa Dembele.

All we can do is hope and wait that the 19-year-old does decide that staying at Craven Cottage is the best thing to do, for now, to further his footballing career.

In the Express today there is an article whereby Moussa talks about being flattered with all the speculation linking him with some big-name clubs.

However, in the same article he does give us all hope that he intends hanging around a while longer, remarking,

"Every week the media is sending me to different clubs.

"It is funny and flattering but on a serious note I am focusing on Fulham and promotion to the Premier League. All the other things do not affect me that much.

"I don`t deceive. I give 100 per cent every time I wear the shirt. For the rest, my agents are dealing with it."

Just keep those fingers crossed folks!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=421987#ixzz3rje3jq7H

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock interested in Fulham job

Current Queens Park Rangers interim manager Neil Warnock is interested in the vacant Fulham job, according to a report.

Warnock recently re-joined QPR in a role as a first team advisor, after being sacked as manager of the club around three years ago.  After the club sacked Chris Ramsey this month, with the team 13th in the league, Warnock took over as interim boss until the club appoint a new man.

However London rivals Fulham are also looking for a new manager at the moment after they sacked Kit Symons following an inconsistent start to the season, and Warnock has declared his interest in the job.

Both clubs are looking to achieve promotion this season, and Warnock has lots of experience in this regard.

It is understood that both clubs have been rejected by current Rangers manager Mark Warburton.  Warburton left Brentford in the summer after a very successful season but does not look like he will be managing in the Championship again anytime soon.

http://the72.co.uk/40159/neil-warnock-interested-in-fulham-job/?

WhiteJC

Former Swansea City defender Jazz Richards pleased with Wales progress

JAZZ Richards admits moving to Fulham has been a major benefit as the former Swansea City defender is finally getting the game-time he's craved.

Richards left his home-city club for London in the summer after nine years at the Liberty.

After coming through the club's youth ranks, the Brynmelyn product made his debut in the Championship under Paulo Sousa and went on to feature in first-team action for Brendan Rodgers, Michael Laudrup and Garry Monk.

But those appearances were fleeting as the right-back never managed to nail down a regular spot

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-defender-Jazz-Richards-pleased-Wales/story-28185182-detail/story.html#ixzz3rjgFSYa9
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham - Three-Man Short-List

It would appear that those who control such matters now have a short-list of three potential candidates when it comes to appointing a replacement for Kit Symons as the manager of Fulham Football Club.

The three names being bandied about this morning, as being the short-list from which our new manager will be selected are:-

• Steve Clarke (Reading)
• Nigel Pearson (Vacant)
• Paul Tilsdale (Exeter)

A club insider has told the media, in relation to the trio,

"The club is looking for a long-term appointment. There`s nothing between these three."

It`s interesting to view those on the list, I`d expect that Reading might be reluctant to release Steve Clarke and I`m a little hesitant when it comes to Paul Tilsdale who is currently managing the League Two side, Exeter City.

But, given the trio, who would you opt for?

Either leave your choice in our remarks column or go to our poll and select your choice.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=422011#ixzz3rjgcPTa9

love4ffc

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 17, 2015, 08:22:37 AM

Queens Park Rangers are lining up a move for Martin Jol, according to the Daily Mail.

The Dutchman has been out of work since being sacked by Fulham in 2013, having also managed Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League

But the Mail report that the out-of-work coach is a candidate for QPR, with Jol looking to get back into football after an extended period out of the game.

Neil Warnock is currently in charge as caretaker coach of the R's, succeeding the sacked Chris Ramsey.

Jol ultimately failed miserably at Craven Cottage, with his initial impact being undone by his tendency to sign slow, older players and offload those supporters considered actually capable of making an impact in west London.

Appointing the Dutchman would no doubt be seen as another uninspiring choice from the QPR hierarchy and the fact no one has given him a chance since his Fulham spell suggests they would be better off steering clear.

But you never know with QPR; what if Jol ends up in a dugout against Fulham later this season?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/16/report-qpr-line-up-martin-jol-what-would-fulham-fans-say/?

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

Quote from: love4ffc on November 17, 2015, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on November 17, 2015, 08:22:37 AM

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Now that would be a match made in heaven.  fp.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.