A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pearson or Clarke

Started by @jolslover, November 18, 2015, 07:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you rather be the next Fulham Manager?

Steve Clarke
27 (37.5%)
Nigel Pearson
45 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

@jolslover

It seems asif it will be one of these two to take us forward, Who would you rather it be?
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

Despite the fact he is Chelsea I think Clarke fits the Fulham mould better. But so did Kit. Pearson excites me more if I'm honest but out of all the realistic names out there I suppose I'll be happy with either considering who we could have ended up with.

I don't get the attitude 'I don't care who the manager is'. This is a massive decision that could have a massive impact on the future of the club especially in a bad way if we get it wrong again. We didn't want Kit out for the sake of it, he is a nice guy and one of our own but we needed better. And if a clear improvement isn't appointed then I will be underwhelmed.  But in either of these we have quite a big improvement imo and if we are prepared to pay compensation for Clarke and he is prepared to give up the good work he's started at Reading then I guess we can't really fault the ambition of the club regardless of whether we agree or not.

So happy with either but I'd personally rather Pearson
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Neither of them would be my choice if I'm honest. Would rather limp over the line with curbishly and try and get someone decent in the summer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on November 18, 2015, 08:09:54 PM
Neither of them would be my choice if I'm honest. Would rather limp over the line with curbishly and try and get someone decent in the summer

We were limping with Kit. It defeats the whole point of us moaning about Kit and the frustrating performances if we are happy to carry on limping with someone else.

I think both show quite alot of ambition and intent especially the fact Clarke is employed by a rival. Let's be honest, we can fantasise about Moyes Bruce etc etc but out of the realistic choices who was better?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Nero

there's only one way to settle it

FIGHT

rusty shackleford

Probably Pearson. But we'll wait and see I guess Im not gonna write any man off until he's had a fair crack.

Wimbledon_White

1: Hasselbaink
2: Clarke
3: Pearson

But that's not the options sadly.

The Swan

Pearson because he shows passion for his team. Also what a great job he did with Leicester.
The Swan

hovewhite

Pearson,fight,passion,no prisoners, and winner!!!

Bradstow

The appointment of Clarke would confirm Khan's penny-pinching disinterest in FFC and the misfortune of having Rigg involved with the Club.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

MJG

Quote from: Bradstow on November 18, 2015, 10:18:40 PM
The appointment of Clarke would confirm Khan's penny-pinching disinterest in FFC and the misfortune of having Rigg involved with the Club.
Not sure how getting a experienced manger, paying compensation and obviously promise of backing can be seen as penny pinching.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2015, 10:22:50 PM
Not sure how getting a experienced manger, paying compensation and obviously promise of backing can be seen as penny pinching.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Khan could bequeath his entire fortune to the club and some would find a reason to complain about it.....or find conspiracy in it.

Not really sure how signing Clarke would confirm the misfortune of having Rigg involved with the club though. I thought the club did that when they announced his hiring. Oh well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mikestrand

More than 80% of pollsters wanted Kit gone at the end of last season, now nearly 70% want Pearson over Clarke.
At least the club cant be accused of pandering to the fans wishes.

Mac_21

Clarke for me. He was famed for organising defences which is what we need the most, he did well at West Brom and has built a good Reading side. I would have taken Vydra, Piazon and McShane (on a free) here in the summer. He plays decent enough football and come across pretty well. The fact Reading fans are so angry about him leaving says it all.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mac_21 on November 18, 2015, 10:35:12 PM
Clarke for me. He was famed for organising defences which is what we need the most, he did well at West Brom and has built a good Reading side. I would have taken Vydra, Piazon and McShane (on a free) here in the summer. He plays decent enough football and come across pretty well. The fact Reading fans are so angry about him leaving says it all.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=128449
The fans don't really care. He has no affinity to the club, they're in a decent place for someone else to pick up and move on. Most of the fans seem happy to see him go.

Snibbo

Quote from: MJG on November 18, 2015, 10:22:50 PM
Exactly.