more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (20/11/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 19, 2015, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Opposition View: Luke Chadwick

Former Manchester United midfielder Luke Chadwick – who made 246 appearances across six seasons for MK Dons – discusses his time in Milton Keynes, Saturday's game, and his previous encounters with Fulham.

How do you look back on your MK Dons career?

Loved it, I really enjoyed my time at MK. It's probably the most settled I've ever been playing football. It was a nice location for me living in Cambridge, a nice journey over there, and I couldn't have better words to say about them really. It's a fantastic club and I'm so happy that they've finally made it to the Championship.

You came pretty close to achieving that during your time at the Club though?

We made the League One Play-Offs three times so it was disappointing that we weren't able to go up then. But they managed to sneak up automatically on the last day of last season, so it was great that they didn't have to go through that process again. Finishing second was definitely a relief considering the history they've had in the Play-Offs hasn't been great over the years.

How did you get on with the fans?

I had a fantastic rapport with the fans. It was a lovely club to play for with an incredible stadium. The fans were always so supportive of me and the whole team. There was never a time when they turned on us, it was a nice club and a nice set of fans to play in front of. I won Player of the Year twice, one year after the other, and it's always nice to get an award like that from the fans who were always so good to me when I was at the club.

What's the ground like?

It's an incredible place. It was unfinished for a while but now I think it's certainly a stadium that wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League – hopefully one day that will be the case. I think it was full up for a few Rugby World Cup games and it generated an incredible atmosphere.

Do you still follow the team?

I still get over there a bit and go watch the guys play. I still have good relationships with people there - like I say, it's a lovely place. I've got a couple of boys myself so for us to go and watch a game of football you can't really beat stadiummk as I think outside of the Premier League it's one of the best grounds to go and watch football at.

Karl Robinson's done a good job there hasn't he?

Obviously he was a young manager when he took over but I think all the lads knew that he had a fantastic knowledge. He had all of his coaching badges as soon as he came in and he'd been working with [previous manager] Paul Ince so the lads knew him. And it's really taken off at the club since he took charge, he's done a fantastic job and he's a really good coach, one of the best I've worked under probably.

And what have you made of the team this season?

I think they've struggled a bit. Speaking to a few of the people there the performances have still been good but they've maybe just not been getting the results. Hopefully that will change because obviously the Championship's an unforgiving league and if you're not taking your chances and the other team's getting goals then it's a hard division to get results. I think they're finding that out now but hopefully they'll find their feet and start stringing a few wins together. They've put a really strong squad together with some good young players, but also a few with experience as well, so hopefully that will start gelling and they can get the results they need to sustain a place in the Championship this year and then kick on after that.

How do you see Saturday's fixture going?

I think it will be a tight game. Fulham have been up and down a bit themselves – they've had some great results and a few dodgy ones as well so it will be an interesting match. I'm hoping for an MK win – obviously you'll say otherwise! – but I'm going to go for 1-0 to Milton Keynes. Both teams have been conceding goals and scoring a few, but I can see them tightening up for Saturday and it being a narrow affair with just one goal in it.

Do you have any stand-out memories from facing Fulham? Assisting Teddy Sheringham for a late winner at Craven Cottage in the FA Cup springs to mind...

That's the one! I certainly remember that. I came on for David Beckham so it wasn't a bad day already, and then I managed to nick the ball over to Teddy and he hit a great shot, an absolute worldie with his weaker foot. Fulham were fantastic that day, Louis Saha was on fire and tore us apart in the first half. I think I came on once at Old Trafford against Fulham on the first day of the season but I don't think I've played them too many times in my career.

If you want to see Fulham try and prove Luke Chadwick's prediction wrong, tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy over the phone or in person from the Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/19/opposition-view?

WhiteJC

Steve Clarke: Reading manager holds talks over Fulham job

Reading boss Steve Clarke has spoken to Fulham about their managerial vacancy, reports BBC Radio Berkshire.

Ex-West Bromwich Albion boss Clarke has yet to make a decision on his future and took training at Reading earlier.

The 52-year-old is understood to be Fulham's preferred candidate to replace Kit Symons, who was dismissed from the job at Craven Cottage on 8 November.

Clarke has been at the Madejski Stadium for 11 months and led the club to an FA Cup semi-final last season.

Reading are four points ahead of Fulham in the Championship table.

Clarke was due to speak at his weekly news conference on Thursday, but Reading postponed it until Friday morning.

Reading are without a win in five league games, a run including a 4-2 defeat by Fulham at Craven Cottage on 24 October.

Clarke brought in several new players during the summer transfer window and led Reading to second in the Championship during a five-match unbeaten run.

Fulham, who were relegated from the Premier League in May 2014, are 12th in the table, eight points adrift of the play-off places.

After sacking Symons, Cottagers chairman Shahid Khan said it was time to take the club to a "higher level of success".

Analysis: Tim Dellor, BBC Radio Berkshire's Reading commentator

"Clarke joined Reading in December 2014 with the club languishing in 17th in the Championship.

"In 50 games, he's won 18 and there's not much doubt what the highlight was, as the Royals reached the last four of the FA Cup in April.

"The issue was just 12 wins in 41 league games at the end of last season.

"Plenty of deals were done in the summer transfer market, bringing in 11 new players and revamping the backroom staff, and the club has been as high as second in the Championship.

"Clarke's tenure of 11 months in charge is the average for a Championship club nowadays."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34866335

WhiteJC

Reading manager Steve Clarke to Fulham: Whites on verge of naming Royals boss as Symons replacement

Royals delay Clarke press conference as Fulham speculation intensifies

Fulham are on the verge of ending their hunt for a new manager with Reading boss Steve Clarke set to move down the M4 to Craven Cottage.

The Royals boss was supposed to be speaking at his weekly press call this morning but the Berkshire club have put that back to Friday morning.

The 52-year-old had been at the club for 11 months and led Reading to an FA Cup semi final, where they were beaten by Arsenal.

But it seems Fulham have chosen him to be the man to replace Kit Symons who lost his job 11 days ago.

The six-times capped Scotland international played for two clubs in his career.

He spent five years at St Mirren and made 200 league appearances before moving to Chelsea in 1987 where he made 330 league appearances in an 11 year stay.

Clarke learned his trade in the assistant role at Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool before West Bromwich Albion appointed him as manager in 2012.

The Baggies enjoyed a great start to the season under him but faded to finish in eighth after playing out a 5-5 draw with Manchester United in Sir Alex Ferguson's last game.

A difficult start to the following season saw Clarke placed on gardening leave until May 2014.

After leaving The Hawthorns, Clarke replaced Nigel Adkins at Reading and kept the Royals in the second tier following a difficult season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-manager-steve-clarke-fulham-10466511?

WhiteJC

Reports: Fulham hoping to appoint Steve Clarke before MK Dons clash

Fulham are hoping to finalise the appointment of Reading boss Steve Clarke before the weekend clash at MK Dons, according to reports.

According to HITC Sport, Clarke seems to have pipped former Leicester City manager to the job at the last minute.

The site suggests a compensation package has been agreed with the Royals and the ex-Liverpool assistant will now take the head coach role at Craven Cottage.

There is still a chance the deal will not be complete by the time of the game, in which case Alan Curbishley will take charge of the Cottagers at stadiummk.

http://citiblogmk.co.uk/2015/11/19/reports-fulham-hoping-to-appoint-nigel-pearson-before-mk-dons-clash/?

WhiteJC

Clarke set for Fulham post

Steve Clarke looks set to be unveiled as Fulham's new manager after betting on the position was suspended.

The current Reading boss was backed down to 1/10 with Sky Bet before the plug was pulled on the market.

Reports suggest Clarke will depart the Madejski Stadium to take over at Craven Cottage, leaving a club sitting eighth in the Sky Bet Championship to join one currently 12th.

Fulham, who axed Kit Symons as boss earlier this month, are currently eight points outside the play-off places and seven clear of the relegation zone.

Fulham are 28/1 to win promotion and 22/1 to go down. They are 15/2 to finish in the top six and even money for a top-half finish.

Former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is being linked with the Reading post.

Four points better off than Fulham at present, the Royals are 4/1 for promotion and evens to make the top six.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/championship/news/article/360/10070798/-?

WhiteJC

Bookmakers suspend betting on 52-year-old Scot leaving Royals for west London

Steve Clarke and assistant manager Kevin Keen.

STEVE Clarke looks set to be named Fulham's new manager later today after Reading FC cancelled this morning's press conference.

The 52-year-old Scot yesterday emerged as the clear front runner to take over the vacant Craven Cottage hotseat following the sacking of Kit Symons earlier this month.

Odds on Clarke leaving Madejski Stadium tumbled dramatically from 25/1 to 4/6 with Bet Victor, sending Royals fans into a panic last night.

Bookmakers Coral priced Clarke as low as 1/3 to leave Reading and join the Cottagers, with Ladbrokes quoting 8/13, Paddy Power 4/11 and Sky Bet ⅖.

The prospect of Clarke moving to west London was the second most popular sporting bet across all major bookmakers yesterday.

And this morning all bookmakers bar Bet Victor had suspended betting on Clarke joining Fulham.

Rumours of Clarke's imminent departure also intensified when the club cancelled this morning's pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Bolton Wanderers.

Royals sent an email to all local press yesterday stating: "We are intending to put the manager up for comment," along with defender Anton Ferdinand, only to call it off at 8.30am this morning.

Clarke, who was also linked with Sunderland earlier this year, has 18 months remaining on his contract with the Royals, and his decision to leave the club has angered supporters.

The Chronicle invited Reading FC to comment on the speculation, but the club refused.

Clarke was rumoured to be on a three-man shortlist to replace Symons along with ex-Leicester City and Southampton manager Nigel Pearson plus Exeter City's highly-rated Paul Tisdale.

Reports suggest that when Pearson turned the Fulham job down they made Clarke their number one target.

Nevertheless, his decision to leave Reading has led to a backlash from fans who feel he has left the club in the lurch, having signed 11 new players in the summer and replaced his backroom staff.

Speculation is now rife that Clarke does not see eye-to-eye with Reading's new Thai owners, even though they have backed him in the transfer market.

Royals got their Championship campaign off to a blistering start and they climbed as high as second in the table before a recent run of five matches without a win saw them drop to eighth.

Clarke has strong links with the Fulham area, having been Jose Mourinho's assistant at Chelsea between 2004-2008.

He then joined West Ham as Gianfranco Zola's assistant, spent 18 months at Liverpool alongside Kenny Dalglish before taking his first job as manager at West Brom in 2012.

Clarke replaced Nigel Adkins as manager of Reading FC in December 2014 shortly after the club was taken over by a Thai consortium.

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/14042708.Reading_FC_cancel_press_conference_as_Steve_Clarke_looks_set_to_become_Fulham_manager/?

WhiteJC

Reading manager set to move down river

READING manager Steve Clarke looks set to leave the club for Championship rivals Fulham.

The ex-West Bromwich Albion boss has been at the Madejski Stadium for 11 months and led the club to an FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal last season.

Clarke, 52, is understood to be in pole position to replace Kit Symons, who was sacked on November 8, after talks between the Cottagers and former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson broke down yesterday (Wednesday).

Reading is currently four points ahead of Fulham in the Championship table.

Clarke was due to speak at his weekly press conference this morning but Reading have announced it has been postponed until Friday. Clarke was however at the club's Hogwood training ground as usual this morning.

Reading are without a win in five league games, a run which has included a 4-2 defeat by Fulham at Craven Cottage on October 24.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/sport/sport.php?id=41600

WhiteJC

Steve Clarke remains at the Reading training ground despite exit rumours

Reading manager Steve Clarke is still at the Royals' training ground this morning despite strong rumours linking him with a move to Sky Bet Championship rivals Fulham, according to Get Reading reporter Charles Watts.

Fulham, currently 12th in the Championship, are on the look out for a new manager following the sacking of Kit Symons less than two weeks ago, and it seems that Reading boss Clarke is set for the job.

Reading fans were stunned yesterday after Clarke was made favourite for the job, before it was confirmed by Charles Watts that he would likely be leaving for Craven Cottage.

This comes after Clarke joined the club just 11 months ago following the sacking of Nigel Adkins, who endured a horrible first half of the season, which culminated in a 6-1 thrashing at Birmingham City – his final game in charge.

Royals fans were so shocked because Clarke was basically allowed a free pass at Reading over the summer, hiring and firing staff as he pleased, redoing the training ground, and spending money on players as he wished after good backing from the owners.

For now though, he remains at Hogwood, and may take training ahead of their clash with Bolton Wanderers this weekend.

Although the club have cancelled this morning's press conference ahead of the game, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the process, although it still looks likely that Clarke will take up the reins at Fulham within the next few days.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve-clarke-remains-at-the-reading-training-ground-despite-exit-rumours/?#GLx7epl1DlWFYuLv.99

WhiteJC

Chelsea Taking Over the Manor!

Interesting to read, in several sources, this morning that West London could soon be dominated by managers with Chelsea connections.

Both of our neighbours, Queens Park Rangers and Fulham, have recently axed their managers with Chris Ramsey leaving Loftus Road and Kit Symons leaving Craven Cottage.

Whilst neither have officially named their replacements, it seems odds-on that Fulham will be giving the vacant Craven Cottage hot-seat to the former Chelsea player and coach Steve Clarke.

Clarke, in charge at the Championship side Reading, is said to favour a move to Craven Cottage believing the chances of getting promoted to the Premier League with Fulham are greater than with Reading.

As for Queens Park Rangers, there are strong rumours that the Loftus Road outfit want Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink as their new boss.

In his first managerial role, at Burton Albion, Hasselbaink has led Burton Albion to promotion from League Two, to League One, where his side are well-placed in fourth place.

If both appointments go ahead, it really would be a case of Chelsea taking over the manor!

Read more: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=559161#ixzz3ryHc9geC

WhiteJC

Clarke set to be appointed Fulham boss later today

NIGEL Pearson is among the early favourites to replace Fulham-bound Steve Clarke as Reading FC boss – having turned down the Cottagers earlier in the week.

It is thought Pearson rejected Fulham's advances on Tuesday, only to emerge as a leading candidate to take over from Clarke.

Clarke looks set to be unveiled by Fulham later today after Reading cancelled their weekly press conference scheduled for this morning.

It is believed Clarke did turn up for training today, presumably to say goodbye to the players and staff.

Former Leicester City and Southampton boss Pearson, 52, is now 5/1 with most bookmakers to become Reading FC boss, though he his also the same price to become the permanent manager of Queens Park Rangers.

he early joint-favourites in the betting for the Reading FC job are Kevin Keen and Tim Sherwood, both around 4/1.

However, the likelihood is that Clarke will take current Royals assistant boss Keen with him to Craven Cottage, should the move be completed today.

Sherwood, sacked by Aston Villa last month, is searching for a new club with which to relaunch his managerial career.

Among the other contenders to take over the reins at Madejski Stadium are ex-Manchester United boss David Moyes (8/1), Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (10/1) and Uwe Rossler (12/1).

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/readingfc/14043826.Nigel_Pearson__Tim_Sherwood_and_Kevin_Keen_in_frame_to_succeed_Steve_Clarke_as_Reading_FC_manager/?

WhiteJC

Forest To Face New Fulham & Reading Managers?

The Reds have two upcoming home games against teams who are set to be under new management.

We speculated on Forest Mad a short while ago as to who would be in charge of Fulham when they come to the City Ground on Saturday 5 December.

Now it seems as though Reading manager Steve Clarke is the surprise choice to move across the division and succeed Kit Symons at Craven Cottage.

That will leave the Royals searching for a new man at the helm, They travel to Nottingham a week earlier than Fulham, on Saturday 28 November.

Queens Park Rangers are also searching for their next manager and have been strongly linked with former Forest coach Jimmy Flood Hasselbaink as he continues to impress at Burton Albion.

http://www.nottinghamforest-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/forest_to_face_new_fulham__reading_managers_874904/index.shtml?

WhiteJC

Pearson Favourite As Royals Wait For Clarke Move

Nigel Pearson is the early favourite to be named as the new Reading manager, as fans wait for confirmation that Steve Clarke has joined Fulham. Reading Football Club cancelled the usual pre-match press conference today ahead of the visit of Bolton Wanderers at the weekend after news broke last night that Clarke had agreed to move to Fulham. Clarke was at Reading's training ground this morning with the squad, and not at Fulham, but the silence from the club appears to confirm that Clarke is on his way.

Should Clarke's departure be confirmed then he will be remembered as the manager that took Reading to the FA Cup Semi-Final for only the second time in their history. But he will be remembered for little else. Reading have lost more league games than they have won under Clarke, and the current side are probably under-achieving under his command after a run of five winless games. Clarke would be leaving behind a recently re-built squad with plenty of potential for his successor.

Nigel Pearson was favourite to be named as Fulham manager earlier this week, before Steve Clarke's name rose above his yesterday. It is rumoured that Pearson turned down an offer to manage at Fulham and may already be in talks with Reading. Pearson, who played for Shrewsbury Town, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough, enjoyed two periods as a popular, but often controversial, boss at Leicester City. His early time at Leicester was a huge success as he guided the club to promotion out of League One after losing just four league games all season. The following season on their return to the second tier they secured an impressive fifth place finish, before Pearson moved on to Hull City. His time at Hull City was short before a return to Leicester eventually saw him take them into the Premier League as Champions. Pearson left in the summer after differences with the owners of the club forced him to leave.

Other names linked to Reading include the usual selection of big name managers who are currently without a job, such as David Moyes. Arsenal scout Brian McDermott, who has been a regular spectator at Reading U21 games this season, finds his name is in the list of contenders. One of the most popular players of all time, and now successful manager at Bradford City, Phil Parkinson will see his name linked every time the managers position becomes vacant at Reading. Current assistant manager Kevin Keen is towards the top of the list, but he may be set to follow Clarke once again and move to Fulham.

Reading FC's Next Manager: Bookmakers Leading Contenders

Nigel Pearson
Tim Sherwod
Kevin Keen
David Moyes

- See more at: http://www.royals.org/news/469/Pearson_Favourite_As_Royals_Wait_For_Clarke_Move?#sthash.9lWuecBU.dpuf

WhiteJC

Fulham ticket update: extra tickets secured

Further allocation secured for December derby match.
Tickets for our away fixture against our local rivals are selling fast. More than 4,100 Brentford fans have already secured their tickets for the game making sure The Bees will receive great support at Craven Cottage.
Due to the kind co-operation of Fulham, a further 900 seats have been allocated to Brentford supporters in the Putney End, which gives a final allocation of around 5,100. It is not expected the Club will receive any additional tickets for the game after this time, which is limited to two tickets per person.
Tickets are now on sale to previous purchasers. 
Don't forget, Adult Members receive £5 off home league match tickets to watch The Bees at Griffin Park throughout the remainder of the season.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/fulham-v-brentford-ticket-update-18.11.15-2808089.aspx#eELczYH8ffTCHB4T.99

WhiteJC

Three reasons I am surprised Clarke is set to leave

Steve Clarke is set to walk out of Reading and join Fulham after talks with the club.

Here are three reasons I am shocked he may be leaving:

1. He started something big here, why not finish it?

Steve Clarke came to Reading last December when we were quick frankly, a sinking ship. He took over from Adkins who was really struggling and was sacked after a 6-1 defeat at Birmingham. Despite not really improving our results in the league, Clarke managed to get us into the Semi Final of the FA Cup and really showed the magic he could produce at Reading. Over the summer, the gaffer then had a complete clear out, making eleven new signings and added new back room staff. Reading then got off to a fantastic start to the season, although they have now dropped off a bit. However, we still now lie four points ahead of Fulham with a top squad. Clarke could've become a hero here in Berkshire, but it doesn't look like it's going to be.

2. He owes the Thai's

The Thai owners he at Reading backed Clarke throughout the summer and Clarke owes them one. Clarke should appreciate the work the Thai's did over the summer as he had showed very little to be allowed to be backed with sufficient funds to improve our squad. However, our owners didn't hold back. Clarke made eleven signings, one being Vydra for a 2.5 M loan. Steve Clarke should stay and get Reading promoted.

3. Reading have a better chance than Fulham to go up

Reading currently lie four points ahead of Fulham, despite going on a poor run. There is no doubt in my mind that we have a better squad here than Fulham do and it's a very surprising move from Clarke. If it fails to work out, Steve will hold his hands in his head.

Read more: http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=422248#ixzz3ryJRZCrg

WhiteJC

Steve Clarke to stay at Reading FC after rejecting move to Fulham

Royals' boss had decided against making a shock switch to Craven Cottage

Steve Clarke has rejected the chance to move to Fulham.

Royals' boss, who only took over at Reading in December last year, looked set to take over at Craven Cottage following talks with the west London club during the past 24 hours.

Speculation increased this morning that an announcement was imminent when Reading cancelled a planned press conference where Clarke was due to speak.

But getreading.co.uk understands he has now made a major u-turn and decided to stay at Madejski Stadium.

Clarke took training as usual today at Hogwood Park ahead of Saturday's home game against Bolton Wanderers and he is now due to hold a press conference tomorrow morning at the training ground.

Clarke will now have to try and appease sections of the club's support who have been angered by his flirtation with Fulham.

The Cottagers currently sit four places and four points behind Royals in the Championship

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-stay-reading-fc-10470549?

WhiteJC

Reading boss Steve Clarke snubs Fulham after holding talks over Craven Cottage vacancy

The Scot looked set to succeed Kit Symons at the Championship club but has now decided to stay at the Madejski Stadium after speaking with Fulham chiefs

Steve Clarke has rejected the chance to move to Fulham.

The Royals' boss looked set to take over at Craven Cottage following talks with the west London club during the past 24 hours, reports GetReading.

Speculation increased this morning that an announcement was imminent when Reading cancelled a planned press conference where Clarke was due to speak.

But it is understood he has now made a major u-turn and decided to stay at Madejski Stadium.

Clarke took training as usual today at Hogwood Park ahead of Saturday's home game against Bolton Wanderers and he is now due to hold a press conference tomorrow morning at the training ground.

The Cottagers currently sit four places and four points behind Royals in the Championship.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-clarke-new-fulham-manager-6862760?

WhiteJC

Preview: MK Dons vs. Fulham

MK Dons and Fulham will be targeting a return to top form after difficult spells for both clubs prior to the international break.

Fulham's search for a new manager continues following the departure of Kit Symons, while the hosts head into the game just one point above the relegation zone.

MK Dons © Getty Images Karl Robinson will certainly not have been expecting life to be easy when his side secured promotion to the Championship, but the MK Dons boss will be fully aware that a solution to their current problems must be found sooner rather than later.

A run of three successive defeats came to an end with a 1-0 win over Charlton Athletic at the start of the month, before a 2-1 loss to promotion chasers Brighton & Hove Albion ensured that the squad were dealt another blow heading into the international break.

As each week passes, the picture continues to change in the bottom half of the table, but with one point separating them from the relegation zone, Robinson will be hopeful that the break brings a response from the players. "I think we can take heart from the way we've played.

We feel we should have more points than we've got and that's the disappointing thing, but hopefully over the next few weeks we can try accumulate some points and move away from the bottom three," Robinson, who has been typically upbeat about his side's campaign so far, told the club's website this week.

Meetings with Fulham, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Brentford and Ipswich Town over the next couple of weeks will push Robinson's optimism to the limit, but it is a run which could change the direction of the club's season should they improve quickly.

In truth, the club's supporters would have expected that this campaign would be a tough battle throughout but a run of good results may be required to keep the confidence high as they look to avoid slipping into the bottom three.

Recent form: WLLLWL

Fulham © Getty Images For Fulham supporters, the past 12 days have been spent checking social media every few minutes to find out who is the new favourite to replace Symons, whose 14-month spell in charge came to an end when he was sacked before the international break.

The move appeared to be designed to help the club have a replacement lined up before this weekend's visit to Milton Keynes, but as potential candidates continue to pile up, Fulham seem to be no closer to appointing a new manager.

Fulham advisor Alan Curbishley, Nigel Pearson, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Paul Tisdale and John Carver have all been linked with the job, but it was Reading boss Steve Clarke who emerged as the frontrunner when reports suggested that he would be willing to swap the Madejski Stadium for Craven Cottage.

However, it was reported on Thursday that Clarke had changed his mind and rejected the approach from Fulham, who are believed to be considering another offer to the former West Bromwich Albion boss.

First-team coaches Mark Pembridge and Sean Reed look set to take charge of the side on Saturday afternoon and the pressure is on the current squad to the defeats they suffered to Burnley and Birmingham City, respectively, earlier this month.

Consistency is the big issue for Fulham after winning five and losing six of their 16 league games this season, and with the club currently sitting eight points off the playoff spots, the questions on and off the pitch need to be answered as soon as possible.

Recent form: DDWWLL

Team News
Fulham will be forced into at least one change, with the suspended James Husband likely to be replaced by Luke Garbutt at left-back following his red card against Birmingham.

Changes are possible elsewhere, too, as Alexander Kacaniklic pushes to earn a recall to the starting lineup.

Robinson could be considering making changes to his attack, and Daniel Powell may lose his spot in the team as Dean Bowditch bids to start alongside Nicky Maynard in attack.

Josh Murphy may also return to the side from the start after coming off the bench in the defeat to Brighton.

MK Dons possible starting lineup: Martin, Spence, McFadzean, Kay, Lewington, Potter, Poyet, Murphy, Baker, Bowditch, Maynard

Fulham possible starting lineup: Lewis, Ream, Stearman, Burn, Garbutt, O'Hara, Cairney, Christensen, Kacaniklic, McCormack, Dembele Head To Head Since the founding of MK Dons, these two sides have never met in a competitive fixture.

Head To Head
Since the founding of MK Dons, these two sides have never met in a competitive fixture.

We say: MK Dons 1-1 Fulham

Fulham look set to make the trip without a new manager in place, and while it always seems difficult to predict what kind of performance they will deliver, the eagerness to impress the incoming boss should produce a response from the players.

The international break arrived at a good time for both sides, but a draw looks a strong possibility.

Read more at: https://tr.im/7kZH1

WhiteJC

U21s - Fulham 2-2 Villa

Gordon Cowans' Under 21 side battled to a share of the spoils in a two all draw against Fulham at Motspur Park earlier today.

We took the lead in the game through Rushian Hepburn-Murphy after the half hour mark, but Fulham levelled matters only three minutes later. Taking the lead for the second time through Harry McKirdy in first half stoppage time.

Both scorers on the day assisted the other.

Fulham again equalised midway through the second period and despite chances coming our way that could've led to the win, it wasn't to be.

Fulham:

Norman, Sheckleford, Pino Soler, Opoku, Evans, Smile, de la Torre, Kait, Humphrys, Williams (Fossey 16, Thorsteinsson 86), Woodrow (Walker 60).

Subs:

Dawber.

Goals - Kait (34), Evans (65).

Villa:

Sarkic, Webb, Suliman, Mason, Kinsella, Taylor (O'Hare 70), Cowans (Hale 83), Lyden, Sellars, McKirdy (Hayes 77), Hepburn-Murphy.

Subs:

Bannister, Leggett.

Goals - Hepburn-Murphy (31), McKirdy (46).

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7519789

WhiteJC

Steve Clarke set to stay at Reading despite holding talks with Fulham

Reading manager Steve Clarke is set to remain at the club despite talking to Fulham about the vacant managerial role at Craven Cottage, according to Get Reading.

The former Chelsea defender joined the club 11 months ago, taking over from the sacked Nigel Adkins, and has started the season well after a summer of heavy change.

Just 24 hours ago, Reading fans were stunned by the news that Clarke was set to move to Craven Cottage to replace the recently sacked Kit Symons, ditching Reading in the process.

This is despite the Royals sitting four places above Fulham, and Clarke receiving all the necessary financial backing he needed in the summer.

This outraged Reading fans, who were weighing up the new manager they wanted to take over, but now after an enormous u-turn, he looks set to stay at the club after talks at Craven Cottage seemingly broke down.

After his behaviour, Clarke may face a task in winning over the Reading fans, who will understandably be upset with his actions.

The club have rescheduled this morning's press conference, which was cancelled due to the on-going saga, for tomorrow morning, where it is likely that Clarke will have to field many questions about the goings-on of the last 24 hours.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/steve-clarke-set-to-stay-at-reading-despite-holding-talks-with-fulham/?#xdAS2ILQP8kgJMWj.99

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham U21 2-2 Villa U21

Villa's youngsters settled for a share of the spoils despite creating the better openings in a well-contested Barclays U21 fixture against Fulham at Motspur Park.

The claret and blues took the lead after half an hour - Harry McKirdy slipped in the impressive Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and he finished well beyond Magnus Norman.

However, the Londoners were level just three minutes later - Mattias Kait slamming the ball home after his initial shot was saved.

The visitors restored their advantage in first half stoppage time - forwards Hepburn-Murphy and McKirdy combining with the former setting up the latter this time around.

Both teams searched for a winner as the contest entered its final stages.

A great last-ditch tackle denied Marlon Fossey a clear sight of goal with just under 20 minutes remaining while Villa skipper Jordan Lyden saw an effort from 20 yards edge over.

Right-back Josh Webb headed off target and Jerell Sellars went close with a left-footer as Villa finished the game strongly.

Fulham U21: Norman, Sheckleford, Pino Soler, Opoku, Evans, Smile, de la Torre, Kait, Humphrys, Williams (Fossey 16, Thorsteinsson 86),Woodrow (Walker 60). Subs: Dawber.

Villa U21: Sarkic, Webb, Suliman, Mason, Kinsella, Taylor (O'Hare 70), Cowans (Hale 83), Lyden, Sellars, McKirdy (Hayes 77), Hepburn-Murphy. Subs: Bannister, Leggett.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~5151313,00.html