watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jamie O'Hara

Started by cmg, November 28, 2015, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Amidst the general hysteria and random speculation, I though it might not come amiss to reprint this comment from one of our players from his Twitter or Instagram thingy:

"jamie.ohara :Can't wait for game tomorrow, so blessed to be able to play at craven cottage on a regular basis, one of my fav grounds my whole career, when im on that pitch I feel at ease and I love every second, lucky to have a job I love so much and show people what I can do

Carborundum

Nice one cmg.  With all the off the pitch nonsense, it's easy to lose sight of the simple truth that binds us.  Playing and watching football is great.

Like Jamie, Carborundum jnr and I can't wait for the game today.

RaySmith

Brilliant - great to hear this from a player, who seems genuinely thankful to the club for giving him another chance.

mike_corkcity12

O'Hara is a superficial player. Does things that look amazing but offers very little tactically. Release at end of season.

FPT

I'd like to see him with more offensive freedom, perhaps in a three with he and Tom Cairney ahead of Sakari Mattila.

He does seem very appreciative, he's got his life on track and has already said he'd like to retire here. He does feel like a player that would be important in a promotion push, he's got great drive and top level ability.

aaronmcguigan

Talks with so much passion, either that or glad he just has a job. If his passion was translated to talent or shared among his teammates then we might not be in such a pickle

Northern Cottager

Such an underwhelming signing at the time but has been absolutely brilliant for us.

Bed right about the Cottage, no place like it.

grandad

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 28, 2015, 12:18:52 PM
O'Hara is a superficial player. Does things that look amazing but offers very little tactically. Release at end of season.

Are you for real? O´Hara has been one of the few shining lights of this up & down season. Sign him for the remainder of his career I say.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

You're having a laugh right? Nobody and I mean nobody can be that bad a judge of a player surely?

Bronaldinho

Quote from: grandad on November 28, 2015, 01:08:41 PM

Are you for real? O´Hara has been one of the few shining lights of this up & down season. Sign him for the remainder of his career I say.

Easily player of the season by miles.

Dictates the play.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

WORTHINGFULHAM

in my opinon he has more leadership qualities than Ross and should be our captain.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on November 28, 2015, 03:10:04 PM
in my opinon he has more leadership qualities than Ross and should be our captain.

Spot on.

Would take the pressure off RMC too.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Twig on November 28, 2015, 02:01:21 PM

You're having a laugh right? Nobody and I mean nobody can be that bad a judge of a player surely?
Long diagonal balls look very nice don't they?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on November 28, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

MUG !!

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on November 28, 2015, 04:21:38 PM
f god.

MUG !!
Read a football book you moron.

O'Hara ain't a bad player but you lot make him sound like some type of god

fulhamben

MUG !!
it's like that is it
Well I happen to agree with Mike and we have lots of proof to back it up. So to call him a mug just for stating oharas flaws shows what a cock you are.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

ah lads come on there is no need for abuse we are all on the same team

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bill2

Quote from: fulhamben on November 28, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

MUG !!
it's like that is it
Well I happen to agree with Mike and we have lots of proof to back it up. So to call him a mug just for stating oharas flaws shows what a cock you are.
Well I have to disagree with you and Mike, O'Hara may not be the best player in the div but he has been our outstanding player so far. He may play a number of diagonal balls but he is normally the go to player when someone needs to pass to, but also plays a number going forward. He has his faults but I hate to think where we would be this season without him.

FPT

I have to agree with Mike, though I don't wish to put it so bluntly. Defensively, O'Hara is pretty bad unless the game is at his toes. Players run past him with ease, he's positionally unaware and can picked apart or played around easily, when you look into detail as to where goals are stemming from, a few times it has been via these weaknesses of O'Hara.

Is it his fault? Eh, it's hard to say when the coaching of the previous regiment was so bad; Roy knew Murphy, Hughes and Hangeland lacked pace, so defended deep and narrow in order to remove these weaknesses. What it does highlight is the natural defensive incapabilities and mindset of Jamie.

Wimbledon_White

I hope we extend his contract for at least two years.