watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Penalty Shouts

Started by SP, November 28, 2015, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Didn't have a brilliant view of the penalty shouts, anyone nearer have a view?  The PNE board report they got away with one which I expect was Fredericks through on goal - last man as well?

Southcoastffc

From where I was sitting in the Hammy End the 2nd (Fredericks) seemed nailed on.  The first was impossible for me to tell one way or the other.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

andy

husband dived.... fredricks was a penalty IMO I had a clear view of both

snarks

Fredericks yes, husband I also thought yes, but the husband one was harder to see

leonffc

I thought Fredericks was nailed on. I'd like to believe Husbands was too, it looked it but my view wasn't great. The referee was terrible. He only woke up when the "you're not fit" chant went up. Which in its self tells you he isn't in control of his thoughts!!
The Lino was worse. He was flagging non fouls in the first half for them but couldn't even decide on a throw in for us in the 2nd half.

filham

Yes , cant see why Fredricks came down if he wasn't nailed but as always before saying too much we had best wait to see the video replays.

Blanco

Both were penaltys from my view. Ref was a joke all round.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2015, 03:27:24 AM
Fredericks was definitely a penalty, the referee laid an egg and ought to be ashamed, he bottled it as a lot of referees do, no courage, why be a referee if you haven't the balls to make an honest decision , shocking.
As for Husbands pen, I was not in a very good position to be sure.
The referees performance bordered on Gross Misconduct, and he should be downgraded and sent to the Siberian Salt Mines indefinitely.  
If he survives that ordeal, he should be forced to watch every Documentary made on 100 Bad habits of a Male Dung Beetle with haemorrhoids for the remainder of his life.

Not sure about your first line, why would he bottle it, he did make a decision, either he did not think it was a penalty or he was unsure so could not give it, sometimes it mystifies me when the ref is accused of not making a decision when he clearly has.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Both penalties saw them in real time and I had replays unlike Jim :005: to see them again on a monitor, the Ref was very poor, started out ok but smiling as he booked their goalie, don't think so!

Robbie

But they also had a decent shout later on.

epsomraver

No they did not, blatant dive

GrahamG

Fredericks penalty definite but I thought they should've had one as well. I thought Husband dived and could well have got himself sent off in the handbags that followed. He looks like a pretty flaky character to me. The referee was awful all round and upset both teams so let's not hide behind that as an excuse for a totally inept performance from us.

leonffc

Quote from: GrahamG on November 29, 2015, 09:33:30 AM
Fredericks penalty definite but I thought they should've had one as well. I thought Husband dived and could well have got himself sent off in the handbags that followed. He looks like a pretty flaky character to me. The referee was awful all round and upset both teams so let's not hide behind that as an excuse for a totally inept performance from us.

Totally agree with that. apart from a 10-15 minute spell in the second half we were very poor BUT we deserved more set piece opportunities in and around the box than we were given from the clown in charge.

Incidentally, what pen decision should they have got? I did see a blatant push go unpunished at the other end but I don't know if it was in the box

Bill2

From my seat in H2 had a good view on both, both were spot on penalties. Frederick was taken out from behind with a little trip and Husband was taken out by a tackle where the player only played the man. The only football match where it was not a foul would have been in the NFL. Neither were last man but if you take the view that the rule/law is denying a goal scoring opportunity they could have both been red cards.

FFCAli

But it wasn't just the penalties (FWIW I thought the Fredericks one was and couldn't see well enough to say re Husband  -  tho' I did think he was going to be sent off for his reaction).  Fredericks got scythed down later and the ref waved play on (the ref was very quick to book him when he applauded after being given a free kick for yet another foul) and Smith was held back round the throat but again play was waved on....and these were just a couple.
Many times you hear the chants of "you don't know what you're doing" but yesterday it really was justified. 

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on November 29, 2015, 09:06:45 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 29, 2015, 03:27:24 AM
Fredericks was definitely a penalty, the referee laid an egg and ought to be ashamed, he bottled it as a lot of referees do, no courage, why be a referee if you haven't the balls to make an honest decision , shocking.
As for Husbands pen, I was not in a very good position to be sure.
The referees performance bordered on Gross Misconduct, and he should be downgraded and sent to the Siberian Salt Mines indefinitely.  
If he survives that ordeal, he should be forced to watch every Documentary made on 100 Bad habits of a Male Dung Beetle with haemorrhoids for the remainder of his life.

Not sure about your first line, why would he bottle it, he did make a decision, either he did not think it was a penalty or he was unsure so could not give it, sometimes it mystifies me when the ref is accused of not making a decision when he clearly has.

If in doubt you don't give it, that's fair enough but in certain situations allowing play to continue is NOT making a decision!
You can argue about the semantics but if you are trying to be the arbiter of reason you are missing the point.    

I was right in line with the Husband penalty appeal and I can assure anyone he was fouled.

andy

Seen them both again... and now I think both should have been penalties.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

Quote from: andy on November 29, 2015, 05:27:58 PM
Seen them both again... and now I think both should have been penalties.

Whet have you Seen them? Do yo have a link please?

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.