watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big News

Started by andy, November 30, 2015, 06:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Just met an official of the club (brief but pleasant chat)
He says the owner is in town today and they are all hoping for an announcement soon re new manager/head coach
Do not shoot the messenger

f321ffc

Really???? or is this just a  :hook: trip?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

PokerMatt

We're all bloody hoping for an announcement soon.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Hoppus

Magic Dick presented tomorrow? :)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: andy on November 30, 2015, 06:44:37 PM
He says the owner is in town today and they are all hoping for an announcement soon re new manager/head coach

Well, was that "soon" sounding like "immanently" or more like something any one of us would say.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

horse1031

Nero

If I was an Offical I would also say that there will be an  announcement soon, so not to get involved in a 3-hour debate of wtf is going on

Jem

Quote from: andy on November 30, 2015, 06:44:37 PM

If you "met" with him presumably he gave you his name. Do tell!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

andy

A day or two was what was said.  It would be unkind tovhim to give his name but you would all knowvhim and trust he was telling what he knew. 

Nero

Quote from: andy on November 30, 2015, 07:49:03 PM
A day or two was what was said.  It would be unkind tovhim to give his name but you would all knowvhim and trust he was telling what he knew. 

How is the Doris the Tea Lady

westcliff white

Soon could mean today tomorrow or sometime in the next 2 weeks, depends on your perspective
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

Just give us his initials then.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Thanks. Hopefully you and he both heard correctly.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Hoppus on November 30, 2015, 06:54:51 PM
I think you missed the "A" at the beginning of your question :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

PokerMatt

Quote from: grandad on November 30, 2015, 07:58:36 PM

Just give us his initials then.

A.an Curb.shley
Follow me: @mattdjourno

WORTHINGFULHAM

BestOfBrede

Sorry but I have been offered big money a few times before, but I have never yet secomed to present my magic dick to the general public! Only would I do this to the privileged few.

Hoppus

Quote from: BestOfBrede on November 30, 2015, 09:21:49 PM
Sorry but I have been offered big money a few times before, but I have never yet secomed to present my magic dick to the general public! Only would I do this to the privileged few.

:-D

westcliff white

I am always sceptical when someone says someone from the club or a source I have and then wont give a name, I am not calling anyone a liar but it makes me think thats all.

The reason is that if someone from the club is happy to share information with someone not in the club then they should be happy with that informaiton being shared anywhere, otherwsie they should not have said anything to anyone no matter how close a friend they are. In effect they have breached their contract and could be dismissed, just by the mere fact someone has posted on here they have information from someone inside the club could therefore cost that person their job, if the club were to do an internal investigation.

As posters we need to make sure we are not posting anything that could harm the board, the posters or anyone else.

I can assure you the club do read the message boards.
Every day is a Fulham day

andy

Quote from: westcliff white on December 01, 2015, 08:25:37 AM
I am always sceptical when someone says someone from the club or a source I have and then wont give a name, I am not calling anyone a liar but it makes me think thats all.

The reason is that if someone from the club is happy to share information with someone not in the club then they should be happy with that informaiton being shared anywhere, otherwsie they should not have said anything to anyone no matter how close a friend they are. In effect they have breached their contract and could be dismissed, just by the mere fact someone has posted on here they have information from someone inside the club could therefore cost that person their job, if the club were to do an internal investigation.

As posters we need to make sure we are not posting anything that could harm the board, the posters or anyone else.

I can assure you the club do read the message boards.

It was a chance encounter and obviously in order not to harm the person or the MB it is better to withhold the name. I didn't learn anything that definitive and nothing definitive was passed on, so there was zero harm in passing on what was said.

I take your points on board. From now on I will keep any generalised bits of information to myself. What a dull world we live in.