watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit "For the good of the club, I want someone in as soon as possible "

Started by Horsfield_No9, December 01, 2015, 01:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

I thought this quote was worth highlighting. He may not of been the right man to manage us but was a great player for us and clearly loves Fulham.

Good luck in the future, Kit!
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

snarks

I think he's a coach not a manger, but yes good luck to him. He deserves a lot of gratitude for all that he has done for the club.

Horsfield_No9

This kind of loyalty and humbleness is a very rare thing in Football. It's a shame that it's an industry driven by greed with so little like him.

RaySmith

We got rid of a really good man and manager, whose heart is in the club, unnecessarily imo.

alexbishop

Quote from: snarks on December 01, 2015, 01:52:44 PM
I think he's a coach not a manger, but yes good luck to him. He deserves a lot of gratitude for all that he has done for the club.

I hear we're looking for a head coach...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Barry White

Quote from: RaySmith on December 01, 2015, 02:12:22 PM
We got rid of a really good man and manager, whose heart is in the club, unnecessarily imo.

We got rid of a good man.

Not a good manager.

It is a lovely quote though and shows his heart was/is in the right place

hovewhite

snarks

Quote from: alexbishop on December 01, 2015, 02:18:11 PM
Quote from: snarks on December 01, 2015, 01:52:44 PM

I hear we're looking for a head coach...

He's a no 2, the man to carry out what the Manager wants on the training pitch. A decent human being (which seems rare in football) I admire him, and believe given the car crash of last season, he should have been allowed to see out this one.

However he has gone, and it's great to hear him still be positive. I hope he gets another job soon.

J.Perkins

I hope he has a good future in football ahead of him, he deserves another chance.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 01, 2015, 03:39:00 PM
I hope he has a good future in football ahead of him, he deserves another chance.

Yes, he by no means disgraced himself. Just the wrong job at the wrong time in his career. He can leave with his head held high. Having a team mid table at Christmas in the Championship is solid and he kept us up with some good results. A job in league 1 would be perfect for him. Hope he gets a chance.

David Allen Crankshaw

Logicalman

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 01, 2015, 04:00:30 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on December 01, 2015, 03:39:00 PM

Yes, he by no means disgraced himself. Just the wrong job at the wrong time in his career. He can leave with his head held high. Having a team mid table at Christmas in the Championship is solid and he kept us up with some good results. A job in league 1 would be perfect for him. Hope he gets a chance.

Just as long as he didn't read some of the posts on this MB that is.

Best of Luck to you Kit, a good Fulham man, just not given as much as you needed to see the job through.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Oakeshott

"just not given as much as you needed to see the job through"

What Kit needed to "see the job through" is not the kind of thing that can be given.

Logicalman

Quote from: Oakeshott on December 01, 2015, 04:22:42 PM
"just not given as much as you needed to see the job through"

What Kit needed to "see the job through" is not the kind of thing that can be given.

Maybe, maybe not, but we're no better off since he went, unlike some were saying we would be.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ron

The club -for all its faults in management decisions- seems to often engender that attitude. We remember Chris Coleman still saying "we" long after he had been shown the door.

Mighty Maik

To let Kit go without a clear strategy forward was a clear indication of how poor an owner we have -or- how poor our naive owner is advised. From the way that things have developed over the past 18 months to  2 years it is easy to reach the conclusion that, like the Jacksonville fans, we've been "khanned". Check out BBC sport - they are saying that 'there is a recognition at Fulham that they will have to wait until the January transfer window to resolve the situation'. We've gone from a stable club to chaos because of what may be the most ill-fated owner in professional sport who struggles to get a single important decision right. How he made his money is either a mystery or a miracle.

Fulham76

Quote from: Mighty Maik on December 01, 2015, 09:14:26 PM
To let Kit go without a clear strategy forward was a clear indication of how poor an owner we have -or- how poor our naive owner is advised. From the way that things have developed over the past 18 months to  2 years it is easy to reach the conclusion that, like the Jacksonville fans, we've been "khanned". Check out BBC sport - they are saying that 'there is a recognition at Fulham that they will have to wait until the January transfer window to resolve the situation'. We've gone from a stable club to chaos because of what may be the most ill-fated owner in professional sport who struggles to get a single important decision right. How he made his money is either a mystery or a miracle.

I get the impression you're looking for a reaction, to try & stir things up a bit about our owner with this post..... But it's difficult to disagree with what you've said.
Seems to me Khan has very little interest in us & that shows in the way he's run, (or allowed things to be run), since taking over.
When asked on his first day 'why Fulham'? His answer was, 'right club at the right time', which doesn't mean a thing! And he runs us like we don't mean a thing, in my opinion.

Mighty Maik

Not really trying to get a reaction - just really disappointed. The first half this last Saturday was so disjointed. We could go missing under Kit but he did try to impose some shape and one always thought that there was the possibility of another QPR thrashing. Kit is gone - but you would hope that before Rigg pulled the trigger he had a new (and better) plan. I've been disappointed in Khan for sometime and find his habit of leaving at halftime (on the rare occasion that he comes) depressing. (We sit in front of him in the Riverside stand - he never returns from the break).

Logicalman

To let Kit go without a clear strategy forward was a clear indication of how poor an owner we have -or- how poor our naive owner is advised. From the way that things have developed over the past 18 months to  2 years it is easy to reach the conclusion that, like the Jacksonville fans, we've been "khanned". Check out BBC sport - they are saying that 'there is a recognition at Fulham that they will have to wait until the January transfer window to resolve the situation'. We've gone from a stable club to chaos because of what may be the most ill-fated owner in professional sport who struggles to get a single important decision right. How he made his money is either a mystery or a miracle.

No mystery if you bother to read up on the guy, and no miracle either if you bother to read up on the guy.

Perhaps you might explain the same as to how the club got to where it was prior to Khans investment when the club was already on a downhill spiral due to a reduction in investment from MaF.

snarks

Talk about taking a line out of context. That article on the bbc website refers to supposed interest in Mark Warburton, to which no-one has admitted any approach has been made. If and it's a big if, the club are serious about Warburton, they may have to wait until the end of the season not January.