News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are a laughing stock & are being mocked on Twitter by all and sundry!

Started by Wimbledon_White, December 03, 2015, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Just saw this on Twitter.
This entire recruitment process has been a shambles from start to finish.

Wearethewhites

But is it a shambles? Listening to the Notts Forest preview with Grant, he clearly said that long term, the Club are looking for the right guy, and I'm sure the fans want this to. Half, if not all we've been linked to, is purely speculation anyway, and although we've spoken to a 'certain' candidate 'he' wasn't what the Club wanted. Personally, I think there's a bit more behind all this and those laughing now, won't be laughing later.

ron

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 03, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
But is it a shambles? Listening to the Notts Forest preview with Grant, he clearly said that long term, the Club are looking for the right guy, and I'm sure the fans want this to. Half, if not all we've been linked to, is purely speculation anyway, and although we've spoken to a 'certain' candidate 'he' wasn't what the Club wanted. Personally, I think there's a bit more behind all this and those laughing now, won't be laughing later.

I think there is only one reason to be waiting and courting this; "You don't know what you're doing" mockery, and that is waiting for Moyes to have the Christmas with his family, and joining us afterwards. All these candidates who have been favourites as respected footballers but have had no experience of being in the hot seat will just take us back to where we have been for too long now.

Nick Bateman

Frankly, I had not seen this 'til now and find it rather droll, even good to see Fulham important enough to be 'mocked' (by some mischievous Chelsea/QPR fan).

May make some at the club see the mess they are creating in public?!?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Wimbledon_White

Wait, WeAreTheWhites disagrees???? Will wonders ever cease.

The current rumours are Gray and Pearce. How are either of these 'the right man'?

Shambles. Utter shambles.

Fulham76

That is quite funny! And true unfortunately, we are a joke.

Those in charge clearly have absolutely no idea what is happening to most parts of the club & absolutely no idea how to steer us in the right direction & even less of an idea who the 'right guy' is.

Wimbledon_White

Don't worry mate, Stuart Pearce is coming!

Don't worry, it's going to be 'the right man'...whatever.

Right now I bet Rigg is hoping for 'any man' rather than the right man!

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

mitimo

Why are we a laughing stock, where is the shambles? Other than in the media who are speculating all over the place with every man and his dog.  From what I have read, we have interviewed one guy, whose agent got greedy so was told "Thanks, but no thanks", we seem to be serious about a Londoner in Scotland.  Otherwise I don't think or believe that the club have said anything about all the other so-called candidates, many of whom have announced their lack of interest before any contact was apparently made.
The panic and shambles is on this board, mainly from people who think they know what is happening when in actual fact they are in as much of a dark place as everyone else.
Good things (and men) come in time; we have not lost yet since Kit was removed - may have thrown away a few points but not lost, so we are no worse than if he was still in charge.

Twig

Quote from: mitimo on December 04, 2015, 03:19:19 AM
Why are we a laughing stock, where is the shambles? Other than in the media who are speculating all over the place with every man and his dog.  From what I have read, we have interviewed one guy, whose agent got greedy so was told "Thanks, but no thanks", we seem to be serious about a Londoner in Scotland.  Otherwise I don't think or believe that the club have said anything about all the other so-called candidates, many of whom have announced their lack of interest before any contact was apparently made.
The panic and shambles is on this board, mainly from people who think they know what is happening when in actual fact they are in as much of a dark place as everyone else.
Good things (and men) come in time; we have not lost yet since Kit was removed - may have thrown away a few points but not lost, so we are no worse than if he was still in charge.

Far too considered, objective and reasoned for this board.

Reznor

Quote from: Twig on December 04, 2015, 05:35:56 AM

If you two really think things are all fine and dandy at Fulham you have your heads deep down in the sand.

clarkey

I can't believe why some people think this is not a shambles.

If it isn't a shambles why haven't more clubs hit on the brilliant idea of being managerless and installing a completely dunce as the interim manager. after sacking the previous one with no idea how to replace him. Obviously because they are are useless clubs and FFC are run by a team of masterminds.

No, the only way this isn't a complete shambles is because they oversaw that two years ago and ended up with Magath. It's funny how you can make the world's worst appointment and get away with it, but Kit gets the bullet for simply not getting the team to gel. His recruitment was spot on.

Roberty

Better to have a "complete dunce"; that way if he has a couple of lucky wins we're not going to be stuck with him as happened last time

I thought that Rigg was responsible for recruitment?

It was down to Kit to get the team to gel and that did not happen

"start to finish" - what finish - there hasn't been one
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Skatzoffc

Quote from: clarkey on December 04, 2015, 06:28:06 AM
I can't believe why some people think this is not a shambles.

If it isn't a shambles why haven't more clubs hit on the brilliant idea of being managerless and installing a completely dunce as the interim manager. after sacking the previous one with no idea how to replace him. Obviously because they are are useless clubs and FFC are run by a team of masterminds.

No, the only way this isn't a complete shambles is because they oversaw that two years ago and ended up with Magath. It's funny how you can make the world's worst appointment and get away with it, but Kit gets the bullet for simply not getting the team to gel. His recruitment was spot on.

To be fair, I believe there are currently three Championship teams who are manager-less.
Maybe this is the way forward?

:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alexmur

Quote from: Reznor on December 04, 2015, 06:14:14 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 04, 2015, 05:35:56 AM

If you two really think things are all fine and dandy at Fulham you have your heads deep down in the sand.
are you calling them an ostrich....?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NogoodBoyo

Ah, a thread where fanatics are slagging each other off.  I hadn't seen one of those for a while.  At least the insults are gentlemanly though.
Nogood "Ostrich watch and all, isit" Boyo

Berserker

I just feel calm at the moment about Fulham.  Not sure why probably the other stuff has taken my mind off getting excited about it.
Also we can't change anything
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.