Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (04/12/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 03, 2015, 08:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Rangers boss Mark Warburton lashes out as Fulham speculation refuses to go away
Mark Warburton is reportedly top of Fulham's list to become next manager
The Rangers boss has branded speculation as 'disrespectful'
Rangers opened up three-point lead in Scottish Championship with 4-0 defeat of Dumbarton

A furious Mark Warburton has reiterated his long-term commitment to Rangers — as speculation linking him with the manager's job at Fulham intensified.

Gary Neville's shock appointment as Valencia head coach saw the Ibrox boss become the bookmakers' clear favourite for the English Championship post despite his repeated attempts to distance himself from it.

The Cottagers are on the look-out for a new boss after sacking Kit Symons last month and, despite erroneous reports yesterday afternoon, still see former Brentford boss Warburton as the ideal candidate to restore their Premier League status.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton says that talk linking him with the Fulham job is 'disrespectful'

On Wednesday night, though, a clearly-angered Warburton used his Twitter account to vent his frustration at the ongoing speculation — and to underscore his commitment to the Glasgow club which he joined in June.

'Both bemused and frustrated by shockingly incorrect stories from certain media outlets,' he wrote. 'I am going nowhere and no club has approached me.

'Such stories are incorrect and disrespectful to me, to Rangers and to the supposed interested party which in this case is Fulham. Appalling.

'Why are such stories released without any sensible investigation? Rangers fans, Rangers as a club and indeed Fulham deserve better.'

Warburton's words are unlikely to deter Fulham owner Shahid Khan from putting together a deal capable of tempting him back to west London, however.

The matter took a bizarre turn following confirmation that Neville was the next Valencia head coach yesterday morning — leaving Warburton as Fulham's preferred candidate.

Radio station RockSport approached Fulham for a member of their club to go on and speak about Warburton. But the Cottagers refused and were initially quoted as telling the station: 'We are reluctant to provide a spokesperson from the club for RockSport's Talking Football programme as we have no interest in Mark Warburton and do not wish to add to speculation.'

Subsequently, however, Fulham have said they were not quoted accurately, thus further fuelling speculation that Warburton is, indeed, the man they want.

The Rangers manager, who has also been linked with the QPR job, has only been in Scotland since June.

The fact his family remain in the London area, however, has increased speculation that a return to the English game sooner rather than later might appeal.

Publicly, however, he has continued to reiterate his commitment to re-establishing Rangers as a credible force at the top of the Scottish game.

Gary Rowlett had been linked with the Fulham hotseat before deciding to stay at Birmingham

'We are into a long-term project at Rangers and we are in a good place right now,' the former Brentford boss recently said.

'I respectfully always answer questions. I am manager of Rangers and it is disrespectful to Rangers and to Fulham, who conduct their business in the right manner. I'm sure they will be disappointed in these rumours.'

Just three points ahead of Hibs in the Championship, Warburton has made no secret of his desire to strengthen in 'one or two' areas at the turn of the year.

There were unconfirmed reports claimed the Rangers board were prepared to offer him a new deal as well as making a pledge to deliver in the January window in order to short-circuit the Fulham situation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3343655/Rangers-boss-Mark-Warburton-lashes-Fulham-speculation-refuses-away.html#ixzz3tI414VAO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Match Day Officials v Fulham

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Fulham this weekend.

Nottingham Forest host Fulham on Saturday December 5 for the game at the City Ground and the match carries a 3pm kick off.

Referee: Carl Boyeson
Linesmen: Mark Russell and Lisa Rashid
Fourth Official: Mark Haywood

Match Day referee Boyeson (East Yorkshire) has officiated one Forest game this season - the one all draw with Bolton back on August 22. In that game he showed five yellow cards, four to Forest.

He has however already taken in fifteen other matches so far in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and football divisions, he has handed out a total of 45 yellow cards and two red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Crewe Alexandra and Eastleigh in the FA Cup on November 7 with a total of six yellows being shown and one red.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

Read more: http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=559650#ixzz3tI4JiLwY

WhiteJC

Fulham's new manager will not have to make many changes to turn club's fortunes around, Peter Grant insists

The Whites have been looking for a new boss since parting company with Kit Symons last month but caretaker boss believes club aren't far away from glory

Belief: Peter Grant

Fulham's new manager will not have to change too much at the club to produce the form required to mount a sustained promotion challenge, according to caretaker boss Peter Grant.

The Whites have been looking for a new boss since parting company with Kit Symons last month.

Since making the change, Fulham have tried to appoint Steve Clarke and Gary Rowett, but have been unable to make a permanent appointment. Grant has been in charge of 1-1 draws against MK Dons and Preston, but he believes the club is one that is not far away from being a Championship contender.

He told GetWestLondon : "I don't think he'll have any issues. I think the issue is people will say we concede too many goals.

"We conceded from a set play but that's down to the change we had to make before the game (where Scott Parker replaced Sakari Mattila in the starting line-up an hour before the game).

"We went to the next biggest man (James Husband) who is not the usual marker and it cost us dearly.

"That seems to be the way things are at this time.

"We don't feel sorry for ourselves, we got on with it. The new man has got some talented boys here.

"There's a lot of match winners in this team. If they can get it right on the defensive side we've got guys who can win a lot of games and go on a run that can hopefully bring us back to the promised land."

Keen to meet new boss: Ross McCormack and his team mates

Fulham travel to Nottingham Forest this weekend and Grant will take charge for the contest.

And he believes it is a case for the club to make the right choice, rather than a solution sooner rather than later.

He added: "I've been a player myself and I've been through managerial changes many times.

"The players appear completely oblivious.

"I've been delighted with their attitude as we had to adjust the system. Everyone is looking forward to seeing the new manager come through the door but I think the club is doing the right thing.

"If they're not sure about certain candidates they have to take their due diligence. If they have to take a bit more time then so be it. If you're not 100 per cent sure, take your time and make sure it's the right man."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-new-manager-not-make-10542371?

WhiteJC

Manchester United targeting Fulham striker Moussa Dembele

Moussa Dembele is attracting interest from Manchester United

Manchester United are monitoring Fulham striker Moussa Dembele ahead of a possible bid in the January transfer window.

Sky sources understand United are keeping tabs on Dembele, who has scored eight goals so far this season for the Sky Bet Championship side.

The 19-year-old was thought to be close to signing a new contract at Craven Cottage and has represented France at five age group levels.

United currently have just two senior strikers on their books - Anthony Martial and Wayne Rooney, who has attracted widespread criticism for his performances this season.

James Wilson was controversially allowed to leave the club on loan last month, signing for Brighton & Hove Albion for the remainder of the campaign.

Sky Sports' Football League expert Andy Hinchcliffe picked Dembele as one of his top 10 Championship players so far this season and believes he has Premier League credentials.

"He's still very young, very raw, Dembele, but he doesn't seem to get too much wrong; there's a real maturity to his play," Hinchcliffe said.

"I think with his pace, his power, his finishing on the floor and in the air, he's playing like a mid-20s player, which is quite extraordinary. He could be a Premier League player and it will be nice to see how he develops over the course of the season."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10087482/manchester-united-targeting-fulham-striker-mousa-dembele?

WhiteJC

McCormack Targets Forest

Last season Ross McCormack tormented Nottingham Forest in the two meetings between the sides, and he's looking forward to facing them again on Saturday.

The striker scored his first league goals for the Club at the City Ground 15 months ago, before putting the Reds to the sword at Craven Cottage with a hat-trick inside 35 minutes.

"Yeah I got five in two against them so I enjoyed that but it's going to be a tough game on Saturday," he told fulhamfc.com. "I love playing at the City Ground – it's a nice stadium, the fans are very passionate, so it will be a good game, a tough game, but one that we're definitely looking forward to."

Dougie Freedman's side had struggled to pick up wins this term but go into the weekend having won their last two home matches against Derby County and Reading, and McCormack knows it will take a good performance from his team to end that run on Saturday.

He said: "They're in good form going into the game and they'll probably be looking at us without a manager and having drawn our last two thinking that it's a good time to play Fulham, but that's up to us to turn up on the day and show them otherwise."

October was a prosperous month on a personal level for McCormack as his three goals took his tally for the season to 12, more than twice the amount he'd scored at the same point in 2014/15.

The Scotsman credits more game time further up the pitch, and the contributions of the likes of Tom Cairney and Jamie O'Hara, for his impressive scoring form.

"It's been good but last season I was playing a lot of games in different positions," he stated. "To be fair this season I've played out wide, in behind, up front, but I've had a lot more chances.

"When I first came to the Club there was more emphasis on me creating chances, and I think I had a lot more assists at this time last year than I've got now, but that's what happens.

"We've signed a lot of creative players this summer which has then released me to actually be a goal scorer, which I believe I am. It helps when you've got TC and Jamie and all those sorts of guys behind you."

His most recent strike earned the Whites a point against Preston North End last time out – a fantastic free-kick late on to haul his side level.

The angle appeared to favour a left-footer but McCormack had the confidence to take it on, and rightly so as he planted a fabulous shot into the postage stamp of the goal.

"TC would usually have taken it," he explained, "but he'd had one just before that so I asked if I could have it. It was a difficult angle but I was just glad to see it go in.

"We were much improved second half, but that seems to have been us all season, having one good half, one bad half. I don't know why that is but it seems to be the norm and we need to rectify that.

"The only way you can do it is by working hard in training and wanting to put it right in the games."

Tickets for Saturday's game at Nottingham Forest are still available for fans to buy.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/03/mccormack-targets-forest?

WhiteJC

Fulham - New Contender for Vacant Managerial Post

Another day and another contender for the vacant managerial role at Craven Cottage.

With the list of those who were under consideration but who are now not, growing by the day, the media have thrust our way another supposed nomination who could well be in line to succeed the axed Kit Symons.

The candidate discussed as a viable option this morning, in one publication, is Stuart Gray.

Gray, during his managerial career, has managed Southampton and most recently Sheffield Wednesday.

He has been out of work since June when he was elbowed to one side in a re-jig at the South Yorkshire club.

However, the annotation is given that Gray is well-respected in the game and that our owner, Shahid Khan, is keen to make an appointment thereby ending the uncertainty that has existed since Symons was axed almost four weeks ago.

But does the possible appointment of Stuart Gray get you excited or would you view it as something of a disappointment?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=424194#ixzz3tI6KlQrp

WhiteJC

Exclusive – Danny Murphy: 'Give me the Fulham job, I'll get them promoted!'

Former Fulham captain Danny Murphy has told talkSPORT he would be open to becoming the Cottagers' new manager on a temporary basis, but admits the club are targeting a more experienced coach.

The struggling side are still searching for their next boss following their decision to sack Kit Symons in November, and have not won a game since his departure.

Fulham currently sit 13th in the Championship table, six points off the play-off places but also just seven points clear of the bottom three.

They have been frustrated in their hunt for a new manager, with a number of their top targets turning down the chance to take over at Craven Cottage, including Reading boss Steve Clark and Birmingham coach Gary Rowett.

Murphy, who was chosen to be on a five-man panel which selected Symons ahead of his appointment, says it's a situation which must be resolved soon, but believes the club should continue to wait to land a top name who can help take Fulham forward.

In the meantime the ex-midfielder has put himself forward for the job, though he concedes it's unlikely to happen.

"They could just give it to me, I'll get them promoted," Murphy joked, speaking on the Colin Murray show.

Then, asked if he seriously would take the job if he was contacted by the club, he replied: "Yeah I would but it's not going to happen, for a few different reasons which we haven't got time or the desire to talk about.

"They wouldn't ask. I would fancy it but it's irrelevant, because it's not going to happen."

Asked if was ever considered for the role, the former England international clarified: "Not to my knowledge.

"My understanding of it is this; when they made the choice to get rid of Kit, they wanted to get someone in who is experienced, tried and trusted in the Championship, which makes sense.

"To do that you've got to be able to entice someone there who has those credentials, but they've struggled with that and the people they went for, who I thought were good candidates, didn't end up going.

"I'd like to see Fulham go with their first instinct, put the money out there and keep trying to get in a bigger name who is tried and trusted, but the problem then is, can you keep waiting for someone to say yes?

"I thought Brendan Rodgers would have been a perfect manager for Fulham, but I don't think he would take that step down. He'll go on to bigger and better things and that's out of their depth.

"There were links with Steve Bruce but he's flying high with Hull and I'm not sure he was interested.

"It's a dilemma because Fulham are teetering on competing for the play-offs or dropping into that horrible zone just above relegation. They've got some big games coming up so the sooner they get it resolved the better and I just hope they do because at the moment the fans aren't happy."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-danny-murphy-give-me-fulham-job-ill-get-them-promoted-151203176504#5qpOq2RtLczKQjW3.99

WhiteJC

Why Manchester United Fans Should Be Excited at Possible Moussa Dembele Signing

Manchester United are interested in signing Fulham youngster Moussa Dembele, according to Sky Sports.

The highly-rated French striker has 9 goals so far for the Cottagers this season and has developed an impressive partnership alongside Scottish hitman Ross McCormack.

He made his top team debut in the English Premier League in 2013 at the age of 17 and has been a regular fixture in the squad since then.

But only now is he starting to interest some of football's top clubs.

United are now emerging as the favourites to make a move for Dembele, but a number of other top-flight clubs are believed to have shown an interest as well as German giants Bayern Munich.

Fulham will no doubt want to keep hold of him given his performances for the youth and first team since moving to the club from Paris Saint-Germain in 2012.

But he's proven exactly why he's so highly-rated and there's cause for United fans to be ecstatic if they manage to get the Frenchman in January:

http://talkingbaws.com/2015/12/why-manchester-united-fans-should-be-excited-at-possible-moussa-dembele-signing/?

WhiteJC

Fulham manager speculation: Gray and Stam linked with job

Former Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray and ex-Manchester United defender Jaap Stam are the latest names to be linked with Fulham's managerial vacancy.

The Daily Mirror claims Gray is a leading contender after the Whites failed to land Reading's Steve Clarke.

The 55-year-old, who has also been a caretaker-boss of Aston Villa, Wolves, Burnley and Portsmouth, has been out of work since being sacked by Wednesday in the summer.

Meanwhile, reports in the Netherlands suggest that Stam – currently coaching Ajax's reserve team – has been identified as a target by Fulham chief football officer Mike Rigg.

Another Dutch international, Clarence Seedorf, has previously been mooted.

Former Brentford boss Mark Warburton, also being considered by Fulham, has been offered a pay rise and increased transfer funds to keep him at Glasgow Rangers, the Daily Express believes.

Warburton tweeted to distance himself from rumours linking him with the Whites, but the Express suggests the Scottish giants are concerned he could be tempted to return to London and will make more money available for January signings.

However, former Fulham captain Danny Murphy has told TalkSport he does not expect to be asked, as he believes the club want someone with experience.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-fulham-manager-speculation-former-man-utd-star-linked-with-job

WhiteJC

Fulham prepare for Nottingham Forest but four players are injury doubts for Saturday's trip to the City Ground

The Whites have struggled with injuries in recent weeks and their physio department has been working hard to ensure they can return to action as quickly as possible

Concern: Richard Stearman

Fulham could be missing Richard Stearman, Tom Cairney, Moussa Dembele and Sakari Mattila for their trip to Nottingham Forest.

The Whites have struggled with injuries in recent weeks and their physio department has been working hard to ensure they can return to action as quickly as possible.

The defender was a doubt for Fulham's 1-1 draw with Preston last weekend but played the full 90 minutes and it was the same situation with Cairney.

Dembele pulled up with some muscle tightness during training this week, while Mattila hasn't trained since pulling out of Saturday's draw.

Doubt: Moussa Dembele

Interim boss Peter Grant said: "Richard Stearman hasn't trained this week up until today. He's been carrying an injury for the last couple of weeks.

"Tom Cairney has been training in the latter part of the week. Moussa Dembele had been training up until yesterday but he's felt a bit of tightness today so I left him out. We'll see how he is.

" Sakari Matilla hasn't trained since pulling up just before kick-off last week so we'll see how they are. There are a couple of other bumps or bruises."

Fulham have struggled with injury problems this season but Grant has been pleased with the desire his squad have to play through the pain barrier.

Question mark: Tom Cairney

He added: "I've been very pleased with the fact everyone wants to play. We've had to hold the reins back on them as they want to train in the early part of the week.

"We've got to be very careful about that as it's not the biggest squad due to injuries.

"We need to work the ones we have during the week at the right time and the proper time. If we have all of them available, I'll be delighted."

Grant will be taking charge of the team for the third time after the sacking of Kit Symons and the club are no closer to agreeing a deal for a new manager.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-prepare-nottingham-forest-four-10543914?

WhiteJC

Grant's Nottingham Forest Preview

Peter Grant knows his compatriot Dougie Freedman will have Nottingham Forest well drilled for the visit of Fulham on Saturday afternoon.

After a patchy start to the season, Forest go into the weekend having won their last two outings at the City Ground, and Scotsman Grant is anticipating a stern test of his team's credentials.

"They're a very well organised side, they've got good individual players within that who work really, really hard," he explained. "You can see how Dougie gets his team organised to make it very, very difficult for you.

"As I said, they've got a fantastic work ethic and I think that's something that they've been brought up with and that Dougie demands from them. But we've got good players as well and that's what we've got to be conscious of.

"I've been to the City Ground many times and obviously worked there [under Alex McLeish], and I'm really looking forward to getting back. It's a proper football stadium and it will be a proper game.

"We have to match their work ethic, because we know they have quality, but we also have quality in our ranks as well. Hopefully we can get a first victory for a few weeks, and that would be good for us."

A win in Nottingham could put Fulham within three points of the top-six, and when asked if the Play-Offs were still reachable, our Caretaker Head Coach replied: "Absolutely. That's what everybody's striving for.

"If you're six points off it you'd be absolutely stupid if you thought you weren't in it. A couple of results in this division, we know how difficult they are to get, if you do that you can be in the Play-Offs, but if you go on a run of two or three defeats you can be nearer the relegation mire.

"And that's the way the Championship's always been since I've been involved in it. Six points off it? Absolutely no doubt we can get there, and we have the quality to get there as well, but to go with that you need a little bit of luck and you need your top players performing all the time."

One thing Fulham need to improve on is the number of goals conceded.

Only Rotherham United have shipped more in the league this season, and Grant acknowledged that the Whites need to tighten up as a unit.

"We know we're the top goal scorers in the league but we've lost too many [goals] at the back," he admitted. "But people have got to make sure that it's not just defenders and goalkeepers who should be taking the responsibility for that.

"There's two parts of the job I've always said, and that's defending when you've not got it and working hard to make angles and receive possession and go forward [when you've got the ball], but you've got to do that as a group both ways.

"Once we get that right I know we're more than capable of going all the way and getting at least into the Play-Offs."

Tickets for Saturday's game at Nottingham Forest are still available for fans to buy.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/03/grants-forest-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham and QPR target in talks 'for five or six weeks' with Birmingham

Birmingham manager Gary Rowett on the touchline (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

Manager Gary Rowett has revealed he is in contract talks with Birmingham to extend his deal.

The 41-year-old is currently on a 12-month rolling contract at St Andrew's but the club are looking to tie him down. QPR and Fulham both wanted Rowett as their new manager after he has taken Blues from the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone to the play-offs in just over a year after joining from Burton.

"We have been talking to the club for five or six weeks about potentially solidifying that relationship going forward for me and my staff," Rowett told the club's official website.

"The club have recognised where we were 12 months ago and we have kind of shown our value.

"Two or three weeks ago it was a case of having lost Cotts (David Cotterill) and Clayton (Donaldson). One of my big concerns then was how are we going to kick on now?

"What the club have actually done is show me that we're going to at least try and be competitive moving forward and I think that's important and I'm thankful for them for trying to do that.

"That certainly hasn't been done because of the speculation."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/qpr/fulham_and_qpr_target_in_talks_for_five_or_six_weeks_with_birmingham_1_4335718
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Former Championship manager surprise contender for the Fulham job

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray has become a surprising choice for the vacant manager's job at Fulham, according to The Mirror.

The 55-year-old was sacked by the Owls in June after nearly 18 months in charge to make way for Carlos Carvalhal, and his availability to start straight away appeals to Cottagers' chairman Shahid Khan.

Khan showed Kit Symons the door at the beginning of November with the club sitting in 13th in the Championship and looked set to appoint Reading manager Steve Clarke – only for the Scot to pull the plug on the deal at the 11th hour.

Former Brentford and current Rangers boss Mark Warburton has also distanced himself from the hotseat at Craven Cottage with a rant on Twitter, in which he insisted he was going nowhere and the speculation was "disrespectful to Rangers and to a club like Fulham".

Khan is keen to name a new manager as soon as possible and Gray's immediate availability has seen him high on the list of candidates.

Whoever takes over at the West London club will most likely be given money to spend in the January transfer window, as Khan is keen to get Fulham back in the Premier League after a two year absence.

Both Felix Magath and Symons were given money to spend in the Championship, including spending £11 million on Ross McCormack, but the Cottagers have struggled to adapt to life in the Championship and spend most of last season at the wrong end of the table.

Fulham are currently 13th in the Championship with 22 points from 18 matches and face Nottingham Forest this Saturday at the City Ground.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/former-championship-manager-surprise-contender-for-the-fulham-job/?#TAwiwWhGKuJR9eFF.99

WhiteJC

Preview: Nottingham Forest vs. Fulham

Nottingham Forest will be looking to bounce back from a defeat when they host Fulham at the City Ground on Saturday afternoon.

Fulham have still not appointed a successor to Kit Symons, but the Cottagers could climb into the top half of the Championship if results go their way over the weekend.

Nottingham Forest
Relief arrived for Forest last weekend as they picked up just their second win in 11 games by beating Reading 3-1 thanks to a brace from Nelson Oliveira.

It was proof of the quality within Dougie Freedman's squad as they bounced back from falling behind early on, but Forest fans will be forgiven for not getting too excited about the victory.

The real challenge for Forest is to find the consistency required to climb up the table over the winter, and confidence should have been restored by their impressive display against the Royals.

Freedman's biggest concern will have been seeing his side play well on so many occasions without securing wins, but the performance of Oliveira last weekend comes as a huge boost to a team that has struggled in front of goal.

Only Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, MK Dons and Charlton Athletic have scored less than Forest's tally of 16 goals from 18 league games, meaning the emergence of Oliveira as a regular scoring threat could be key.

Many believe that a change of luck against Reading was the turning point, but failure to build on the win could see any momentum halted by Fulham

Recent form: DLLWLW

Fulham.
Another week of rumours and speculation has passed, but Fulham appear to be no closer to finding a replacement for Symons, who was relieved of his duties on November 8.

It has been another frustrating couple of weeks for the team leading the search for a new manager after Steve Clarke and Gary Rowett both resisted the temptation to leave Reading and Birmingham City, respectively.

Mark Warburton emerged as the latest target for the Cottagers in recent days, but with the Rangers boss claiming that he is keen to stay in Scotland, Fulham are unlikely to have a new manager in place before they arrive at the City Ground on Saturday afternoon.

Peter Grant will be given the responsibility of leading the team once again and he will be hopeful of delivering a first win as caretaker boss after draws with MK Dons and Preston in the last two games.

He has made it clear in press-conferences that the current situation is affecting the players, but Ross McCormack stepped up in typical fashion to secure a point with an equaliser in a 1-1 draw against Preston.

Seven points currently separate Fulham from the playoff spots and the relegation zone, and hopes of a possible promotion push will quickly fade unless consistency is discovered in the near future.

Heading into the weekend without a win in their last four games, the pressure is on Clark to produce a response from the squad as they aim to stay in touch with the top six before a new manager arrives.

Recent form: WWLLDD

Team News
Forest boss Freedman will be forced into one change with Jack Hobbs absent after his red card against Reading, and Kelvin Wilson is likely to replace him in the centre of defence.

Changes are unlikely elsewhere, which means Chris O'Grady should retain his place alongside Oliveira in attack.

Richard Stearman, Tom Cairney, Moussa Dembele and Sakari Matilla have all been battling injuries this week, but decisions are yet to be made about the quartet's availability.

Dembele has struggled with a muscle problem in training and he is likely to be replaced by Cauley Woodrow if he does not prove his fitness.

Nottingham Forest possible starting lineup:
De Vries; Lichaj, Hobbs, Mills, Pinillos; Mendes, Lansbury, Vaughan, Osborn; Oliveira, O'Grady

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Lewis; Fredericks, Stearman, Ream, Husband; Parker, O'Hara, Hutchinson, Cairney; McCormack, Dembele

Head To Head
Supporters were treated to thrillers between these two sides last season as Forest claimed a 5-3 victory at the City Ground, before Fulham hit back with a 3-2 win in the reverse fixture in January.

Forest head into this weekend's meeting having beaten Fulham in just one of their seven meetings since the 1999/2000 campaign.

We say: Nottingham Forest 1-1 Fulham

It is never easy to predict what Fulham will produce, but they should be tested by a Forest side full of confidence after their victory last weekend.

Much will depend on how Forest handle the threat posed by McCormack, and whether Fulham can finally deliver a strong defensive display for 90 minutes.

There is not much to separate these two sides and they could be forced to settle for a point each.

Read more at: https://tr.im/3e10Q

WhiteJC

Fulham manager betting update: Warburton comments, new favourite emerges

Rangers manager Mark Warburton and former Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray have been linked with the vacant Fulham post.

Fulham are closing in on their fourth straight week without a manager following the sacking of Kit Symons.

The West London outfit are seemingly no nearer to hiring his successor, but surely one name that can finally be ruled out is current Rangers boss Mark Warburton.

The former Brentford boss has been linked with a move to Fulham by BBC Sport following his terrific start with the Gers, winning 19 of his 22 games in all competitions in charge.

With speculation growing over a potential switch south of border, Warburton has stressed that he is fully committed to Rangers and admits he is growing tired of repetitive questions on the matter.

"There's no interest, nothing official, no approach. It's just speculation," Warburton told the Scottish Sun.

"I'm the Rangers manager and I've made it very clear that I'm absolutely committed to Rangers. I've answered the questions four or five times. I can't keep answering them."

"No one listens to what I'm saying. I'm the Rangers manager, delighted to be here, absolutely committed."

The links to Fulham seemingly won't stop until the West London outfit appoint a new manager, although that still could be some time off as nobody seems to know what is going on.

Gary Rowett, Steve Bruce, Steve Clarke, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Nigel Pearson and Dick Advocaat have all been among the frontrunners for the job over the past three weeks.

However, the search continues and Sky Bet now place a new favourite for the job – former Sheffield Wednesday manager Stuart Gray.

Gray did a superb job with the Owls, taking over the mantel when they were widely regarded as a cash-strapped club with little quality in their squad.

Strong organisation, an excellent work ethic and a solid defensive shape helped Wednesday comfortably beat the drop last season, finishing in 13th position with a respectable 60 points.

Gray, for all his excellent work, was pushed aside however when new owners took charge of the club and opted for a different direction, appointing Carlos Carvahal as his successor.

The former Aston Villa midfielder is relatively experienced having had a previous spell in charge of Northampton Town, and he no doubt deserves another crack at Championship management.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/04/fulham-manager-betting-update-warburton-comments-new-favourite-e/?