watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Finances at Fulham

Started by FulhamStu, December 04, 2015, 11:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Couple of interesting points in the Cottage Talk interview.
1. We got £4.5M up front for Roberts and another £1M when he played his first game.
2. We will get the remainder of the £11M after ('not that many') first team games.
3. We should expect big money for Dembele if/when he is sold - £5M or more.

Also, comments about potential bad news in January, I assume this means we will be done for breaking FFP.

Can anyone shed any light on what was said by Mackintosh at this weeks FST meeting with him on FFP ?

I don't know where this guy Veysey gets his information however he seems very confident that his source is good, I suspect its from Agents, unless the club are leaking stuff on purpose.  He does try and give Fulham a positive spin.

FPT

I genuinely just listened to this bit now (and still listening). Just to add information you didn't include, that Dembele fee is what Veysey said he could imagine the fee would be should it go to a tribunal should he leave on a "free" at the end of the season.

MJG

Quote from: FPT on December 04, 2015, 12:12:20 PM
I genuinely just listened to this bit now (and still listening). Just to add information you didn't include, that Dembele fee is what Veysey said he could imagine the fee would be should it go to a tribunal should he leave on a "free" at the end of the season.
There are two calculations to take in mind.

If he goes abroad it will be chicken feed we get.
If he stays in England then its based on Age, Potential and the contract we offered him.

westcliff white

MJG what about finances in general, are we going to be hit with a fine and or embargo
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on December 04, 2015, 12:20:29 PM
MJG what about finances in general, are we going to be hit with a fine and or embargo
I can only refer you to the FST minutes at this time.

terryr

How does this square with QPR seeming to get away with murder?

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2015, 12:21:34 PM
What did the minutes say or imply Mike ?

MJG

Quote from: TerryR on December 04, 2015, 12:22:37 PM
How does this square with QPR seeming to get away with murder?
I keep saying this but no one listens.

If you get promoted you get finned

If you stay in the league its embargo's that they put in place.

two different sets of rules for two outcomes.

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 12:25:00 PM
http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2015, 12:26:09 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 04, 2015, 12:25:00 PM
http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/
Thanks Mike, well that tells us nothing other than one could guess that there is no smoke without fire.   Again - brilliant stuff Fulham and more of the lets make our own conclusions.   Why do Fulham have this attitude of being poo scared to tell us what is going on.  Do they think we are all thick ?   actually don't answer that !!!!!

Ordar

Sounds to me like there is definitely going to be a embargo. There wouldn't be a scheduled announcement to say that everything is fine. That wouldn't make sense

westcliff white

makes you wonder tho we never offered a contract to Clarke but Veysey said we did, its all so up in the air

NogoodBoyo

One hidden gem from the Veysey interview was that Gary Rowett was interested in signing on but wanted Fulham to indemnify his employment contract.  In other words, he wanted a large pay-off if sacked.  The club refused.
Was Rowett out of order?  Arguably not, given our trigger-happy actions with managers post Jol.  The club has reaped what it's sewn with its hiring and firing policy.  Perhaps the hasty Meulensteen firing has made it nigh on impossible to get a quality hiring without paying "danger money".
Nogood "depressing, isit" Boyo

westcliff white

I took it as he wanted the money for sacking up front or banked for when could be fired, but for me that is a result of not only Muelensteen but having 5 manager sin 21 months or so

Wolf

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on December 04, 2015, 12:45:42 PM
One hidden gem from the Veysey interview was that Gary Rowett was interested in signing on but wanted Fulham to indemnify his employment contract.  In other words, he wanted a large pay-off if sacked.  The club refused.

That's desperately disappointing. Rowett would turn this club around. But the cheapskates without strategic thinking want him to be grateful to leave his job, home, and support staff network without mitigating the risk to his career. We're going to end up with some out of work mumper like Pearce or Clarke.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Ichabod Magoo

It's not only disappointing that Rowett was willing to listen re: coming to Fulham, it's a shock that he was.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III