more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fayed - Roy Will Take Kop Down

Started by os5889, August 04, 2010, 09:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Fayed - Roy Will Take Kop Down

FULHAM owner Mohamed Fayed last night claimed Roy Hodgson will take Liverpool 'downhill'.
The Craven Cottage chief also labelled him a 'bugger' for joining the Reds. Fayed, 77, said: "Roy disappointed the fans and the players.
"I'm sure he'll take Liverpool downhill. He was just a bugger. I did everything to help him. But that's his character, he can't help it.
"After we put him where he is now, he took advantage but good luck to him.
"We gave him all the support, we believed in him and he let us down. I forgive him, anyhow."
Fayed made his comments as Mark Hughes was officially unveiled as Fulham's new boss.
The Egyptian added: "Mark's much better than the previous one. He knows what he's doing.
"We have a nice guy now. Don't mention Roy Hodgson any more.
"Fulham's a wonderful club and I'm sure Mark will do a great job.
"The players will like him - he's going to win us the championship."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3080672/Fayed-Roy-will-take-Kop-down.html#ixzz0vcj2ZyTT

SuffolkWhite

:011: I was just going to copy this in to a post myself  :005:. Don't you just love our Chairman! What a sense of humour  :011:.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

os5889

He certainly has a colourful sense of humour, currently watching beauty and the geek which is horrifyingly full of beauties, Fulham stuff will be completed later......

LBNo11

...from the Maily Dail:-

Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed rounds on former boss Roy Hodgson By Laura Williamson
Last updated at 12:21 AM on 4th August 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories New Fulham manager Mark Hughes was 10 minutes into his first press conference in charge at Craven Cottage when his chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed, wandered into the packed room.

The 77-year-old was quite the benevolent owner, smiling as Hughes eulogised over the club's youth system.
Quids-in: Mark Hughes (right) with Mohamed Al Fayed and his £50 'tip¿
But when Hughes paused, Al Fayed pounced, unleashing an unprompted attack on his former employee and new Liverpool boss, Roy Hodgson. 'This other guy let us down and just walked away,' said Al Fayed. 'But we have a nice guy now. He's better looking, too.'

He then sat next to Hughes, talking up his new manager. He waved a £50 note in his face when the Welshman was asked about transfer targets. Yet, Al Fayed couldn't stop the unprompted digs at Hodgson, the man who took Fulham to the Europa League final and left for what he called 'the biggest job in club football'.

Pastures new: Hodgson walked out on Fulham for what he described as 'the biggest job in club football'
Only once did the former Harrods owner refer to Hodgson by name. 'Don't mention Roy Hodgson any more,' he said.

'This guy (Hodgson), we put him where he is now and he took advantage,' continued Al Fayed. 'But I'm sure he (Hughes) is going to get us to the championship ...'

He meant winning the Premier League, of course.

The Hodgson jibes continued outside the press room when Al Fayed spoke to Sportsmail. The tone was jovial but he seemed a disappointed man.

'We gave him (Hodgson) all the support, we believed in him and he just let us down,' he said. 'Yes. Roy disappointed the fans and players. He was just a bugger. I did everything for him, to help him. But that's his character. He can't help it.

'I forgive him, anyhow - and I'm sure he's going to get Liverpool downhill.'

He then turned his attention to Hughes's last employers. 'It's a different atmosphere here,' said Al Fayed. 'I'm always here - I go to the training ground. It's a different type of ownership than when you buy it and you are in Kathmandu, like Manchester City.'

And will Al Fayed invest cash? 'I'll give him more than £50,' he replied, 'It's just a tip.'

Eccentric as ever, and obviously just a bit hurt...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

If he didn't want Hodgson to leave, all he had to do was refuse Liverpool leave to talk to him. After all, Hodgson was under contract to Fulham.  The moment you open the door to negotiations from another club, it means you're prepared to let him go. So you can't be surprised when he actually does leave.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Peabody

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 04, 2010, 10:31:58 AM
If he didn't want Hodgson to leave, all he had to do was refuse Liverpool leave to talk to him. After all, Hodgson was under contract to Fulham.  The moment you open the door to negotiations from another club, it means you're prepared to let him go. So you can't be surprised when he actually does leave.

I may be wrong, but was'nt RH on a rolling one year contract, with an added proviso that if a big club came in, we would allow him to talk to them? Not a hundred% certain but I am sure I read this somewhere.

Jimpav

MAF's comments have to be taken with a pinch of salt. He is a little eccentric and wears his heart on his sleeve.

He hurls around allegations and stinging comments that very few people would get away with.

His comments on Roy show he cares but were utter rubbish. Woy is a legend and nothing will detract from that.

If we can't finish higher in Liverpool I would like to see them lift the league title or Europa league trophy.

Burt

The PR Manager must have been bricking it!!!

mattiesafer

Quote from: Jimpav on August 04, 2010, 11:31:16 AM

MAF's comments have to be taken with a pinch of salt. He is a little eccentric and wears his heart on his sleeve.

He hurls around allegations and stinging comments that very few people would get away with.

His comments on Roy show he cares but were utter rubbish. Woy is a legend and nothing will detract from that.

If we can't finish higher in Liverpool I would like to see them lift the league title or Europa league trophy.

ah, he was jus bein funny.  And he was!