more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not a rant, just a fact

Started by BedsFFC, December 05, 2015, 05:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Loads of people will rant tonight.

What I want to say and I've said it before (last season). Shahid Khan seems a good guy and he genuinely seems to have our best interest at heart but in truth, could things have gone worse since he has come on board?

in 3 years, we've gone from an established premiership side needing a push, to a shambles of a lower championship side.

As I say, I think Khan is a genuine chairman and he is hugely wealthy but had Ernie Clay took us over at the same time, things would have probably gone the same way.

Its really sad whats happening to this club.

We don't need to boo Khan or demand him to step down, what we should demand is that he now focuses on us and sorts this out.

EJL

"we've gone from an established premiership side needing a push"

Just to be sure... are you saying that, on paper, we were in a position to push up the table when Khan took over? Because I don't think that accurate whatsoever.

BedsFFC

Quote from: EJL on December 05, 2015, 05:06:31 PM
"we've gone from an established premiership side needing a push"

Just to be sure... are you saying that, on paper, we were in a position to push up the table when Khan took over? Because I don't think that accurate whatsoever.

13 years but needed investment, which had been lacking as Mo was selling. "needed a push" = "needing investment" to push on.

Lighthouse

Sort what out? He has put money into the side. He trusted a mad manager last season. This season he put his trust in Rigg who sacked the new manager who was inconsistent but rebuilding a squad. It seems to me that our owner has put trust in idiots who claim to know what football is all about. The next chapter of management wont work either.

Our owner is unlucky because a mad German and then a Spineless MD have managed to ruin the progress the club were going to achieve after we were relegated. Shame but we can't blame our owner.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Whilst I understand the necessity of, at least temporarily, finding someone other than the manager to blame for our team's failings (even Fulham fans can't demand the sacking of the new bloke before he is appointed, although in Gray's case some have had a bloody good try), I would be grateful if those who demand the removal of the owner outline, at the same time give some clue as to how this might be brought about. The clue is in the word 'owner', other than offering a profit on his purchase, I don't see how an owner can be (legally) removed.

If I see someone driving an expensive and flashy motor car that they have bought legally, I am wasting my time demanding that they stop doing so just because I don't think they are the right sort of person to be driving it.

BedsFFC

Hang on boys. Don't give me a hard time.

All I'm saying is things have gone terribly wrong since he took over and now he needs to stop trusting other people and focus on us until we stop the rot.

The post was just meant to be an alternative to the anti Rigg and Khan posts that are sure to ensue

andy

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2015, 05:16:13 PM
Hang on boys. Don't give me a hard time.

All I'm saying is things have gone terribly wrong since he took over and now he needs to stop trusting other people and focus on us until we stop the rot.

The post was just meant to be an alternative to the anti Rigg and Khan posts that are sure to ensue

You are 100% correct, anybody suggesting you are wrong are deluded, no offense intended.

Mr Khan has no idea because he leaves a totally incompetent board in place and has brought in a man Mr Rigg who had a reputation, for what i do not know, but he is appearing to be equal and probably worse than alimac.

'Head coach?' what a plonker. just get the best man, call him manager, pay him whatever it takes. Do not restrict him by saying we are getting a head coach. Mr Rigg is a disaster, don't believe me? League One and two here we come.

The Old Count

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 05, 2015, 05:09:12 PM
Sort what out? He has put money into the side. He trusted a mad manager last season. This season he put his trust in Rigg who sacked the new manager who was inconsistent but rebuilding a squad. It seems to me that our owner has put trust in idiots who claim to know what football is all about. The next chapter of management wont work either.

Our owner is unlucky because a mad German and then a Spineless MD have managed to ruin the progress the club were going to achieve after we were relegated. Shame but we can't blame our owner.
Spot on Lighthouse.  Not Khan's fault. Although you could say he was naive. He was sold a club that had suffered from under investment for a few years because MAF wanted to sell. However, since he bought the club he has tried. Unfortunately he doesn't understand the game or the running of a club. He has chosen to be advised by people who are not up to the task.

Twig

Two points;
Firstly he has put very little into the club having almost broken even on transfers, having reduced the salary bill very considerably and having declared several redundancies amongst the admin staff to cut the headcount.
Secondly he has not been unlucky he has made bad decisions.

bill taylors apprentice

Its not uncommon for a business man to employ people to run the show, pay a sack full of money and expected them to ensure everything runs smoothly.

If things keep going wrong the owner will fire them and look elsewhere but if the problems just get worse regardless of who he employs when should the business man/owner start looking at himself?

Oakeshott

"Not Khan's fault."

"Unfortunately he doesn't understand the game or the running of a club. He has chosen to be advised by people who are not up to the task."

Rather contradictory sentiments in the same short post!

SG

Ultimately the buck stops with Khan. He appoints these people who keep getting it wrong. Nero fiddled while Rome burned and Khan is doing the same

J

Quote from: Twig on December 05, 2015, 06:22:51 PM

Two points;
Firstly he has put very little into the club having almost broken even on transfers, having reduced the salary bill very considerably and having declared several redundancies amongst the admin staff to cut the headcount.

So why are we strongly rumoured to be in trouble with FFP? It would almost make me laugh if we do get sanctioned based on the amount of people saying Khan hasn't invested money / he should "open his cheque book"

MJG

Quote from: J on December 05, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: Twig on December 05, 2015, 06:22:51 PM

Two points;

So why are we strongly rumoured to be in trouble with FFP? It would almost make me laugh if we do get sanctioned based on the amount of people saying Khan hasn't invested money / he should "open his cheque book"
on top of the money he invested when actually buying the club he put in ...as a loan just as MAF used to....£26m in  his first season. We will know next accounts if and when this was paid back. I have been told he invested money in last season.
So its not all about transfers in and out....the club has to run  as a going concern and he put money in to do that.

St Eve

In the real world the buck stops with the owner. He fired Jol, hired and fired Felix, Mulenstien and Kit. Hired Curbs them fired him then hired him, but nobody really knows what he does. If you don't know the task surround yourself with people that do.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: St Eve on December 05, 2015, 10:37:30 PM
In the real world the buck stops with the owner. He fired Jol, hired and fired Felix, Mulenstien and Kit. Hired Curbs them fired him then hired him, but nobody really knows what he does. If you don't know the task surround yourself with people that do.
Absolutely, as I said somewhere on another thread, Steve Jobs knew little about Electronics or design or Marketing or Sales, but surrounded himself with the very best he could find to perform those tasks. Khan has not only surrounded himself with poor Management but also failed to act to improve the situation. How is it possible for a man who has made $billions of dollars in one business make such poor decisions and failures in another? Clearly the bloke is no idiot, but if you take away his car businesses and looked only at his sporting businesses you would think he was just some rich eccentric who should be put out to seed. Makes you wonder what is going on in his head?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

alexmur

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2015, 05:02:43 PM

What I want to say and I've said it before (last season). Shahid Khan seems a good guy and he genuinely seems to have our best interest at heart but in truth, could things have gone worse since he has come on board?

in 3 years, we've gone from an established premiership side needing a push, to a shambles of a lower championship side.

As I say, I think Khan is a genuine chairman and he is hugely wealthy but had Ernie Clay took us over at the same time, things would have probably gone the same way.

We don't need to boo Khan or demand him to step down, what we should demand is that he now focuses on us and sorts this out.
I love kahn and if you see what he has done with the jags we just need to be patient things will get better.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

epsomraver

0001.jpeg

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: alexmur on December 06, 2015, 09:36:02 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2015, 05:02:43 PM

I love kahn and if you see what he has done with the jags we just need to be patient things will get better.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
That's fine for the Jags, they don't have relegation. After he took over they had 3 or 4 bad seasons before things picked up. If the same thing happens with Fulham then we should turn it around just before we join the Football Conference. Cannot wait.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Slaphead in Qatar

Maf knew as much about the game of football as Khan. But what maf did know was how to run a uk football club, Khan is still learning how to do this