News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

leicester city - do you think they can last the distance?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, December 07, 2015, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

i will stick my head out and say i think they will get a champions league spot. the so called big teams are not outstanding this year.  chance of an outsider finishing in the first 4.

what do you think?

rusty shackleford

I really really hope they can get a top 4 spot or by hook or crook win the whole thing.

Probably finish 5th/6th tho

andy

Expeirence would suggest teams like Leicester cannot quite do it for a whole season based on lack of strength in depth and other dirty tricks set up by the big teams unsettling players. Plus dodgy descisions at crucial moments suddenly going against them.

I hope they do at least make top four, good luck to all the unfancied clubs!

Logicalman

I'd like to think they could maintain a top4 spot, but we won't know until after the January Window because, as has been pointed out, some clubs (mention no names but they are a little west of manchester) like to unsettle players of teams that are doing well.

A Europa spot is not outside the realms of reality though.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

jarv

It would be nice. The league has become so predictable, until now of course.

westcliff white

No i think they will fall away, Vardy will have a dry patch and they will struggle then and that will cost them
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

i think all the pundits say no, so for that reason i would love them to do it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

J

Nope - top 4 will be Man U, City, Arsenal, and 1 of Tottenham or Liverpool I reckon.

Good luck to them though!

Blanco

kevin

If Mahrez and Vardy stay fit then they have a chance....it would be great and show the Manchester clubs and Chelsea you can have all the money in the world but you need a team ethic

Burt

Who would have thought they would be at the top after 15 games?

By now a "flash in the pan" team would have started to fade, and it would be the usual suspects up there. So the fact that they lead the pack half way through the campaign is enormous credit to them.

They are playing well, have a good team without too many big egos, they are playing as a team and for each other, and they have a canny manager.

The other thing that has helped them is that just when you think Arsenal, City, Liverpool etc. are gathering a head of steam then they hit an indifferent patch.

If they remain relatively injury-free, then there is nothing to prevent them getting a top 4 spot. It would be a welcome change, and putting one over those clubs who splash the cash would surely get the vote of most neutrals.

Funky Fulham Dave

:drums:

I will also stick my head out and say; who cares.

049:gif

St Eve

HatterDon

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on December 07, 2015, 12:39:05 PM
6th or 7th

This seems about right to me, although I'd love for them to finish in the top four.

I'm REALLY hoping The Undead finish in the bottom half.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Skatzoffc

I fear they will tail off.

Still finish in Europa spot above Spuds tho
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

rubbernecca

Quote from: Burt on December 07, 2015, 02:12:05 PM
Who would have thought they would be at the top after 15 games?

By now a "flash in the pan" team would have started to fade, and it would be the usual suspects up there. So the fact that they lead the pack half way through the campaign is enormous credit to them.

They are playing well, have a good team without too many big egos, they are playing as a team and for each other, and they have a canny manager.

The other thing that has helped them is that just when you think Arsenal, City, Liverpool etc. are gathering a head of steam then they hit an indifferent patch.

If they remain relatively injury-free, then there is nothing to prevent them getting a top 4 spot. It would be a welcome change, and putting one over those clubs who splash the cash would surely get the vote of most neutrals.

Agree - and just to think we passed them on our way down and their way up!

HatterDon

don't forget that if they hadn't gotten 21 points in their last 9 matches this past spring, they'd be in the Championship with us this season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel