News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone have any personal links to any other teams in the UK?

Started by Southdowns White, December 08, 2015, 11:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

I live near Brighton many of my friends are season ticket holders, most people around here support Brighton so I get to hear all the local banter and I frequently get mocked as everyone knows me as a Fulham supporter. My son plays football at the new Brighton training ground every week with one of the development programs for young players, he plays for our local U10s and they are always having club trips to watch games and as yet we have always got out of going. I get regular emails from the club as I am on their system so see that they get all the same sort of marketing as we do from fulham (only their stuff has more reality about it than ours does at the moment, Our marketing people have their work cut out at the moment as it's very difficult to polish the same turd every week)
I also go and watch Queen of the South regularly when I visit my wife's family in scotland so look out for their results.

rusty shackleford

My cousin (Well second cousin) plays for Spurs under 18s.

Apart from that... natzing!

Rhys Lightning 63

These are all very tenuous 'links' bt here we go

Colchester: Born there
Aldershot: Live there now
Cardiff: My Granddad has supported the since 1945
Stoke City, Port Vale, Burton Albion: Went to University in Staffordshire and spent considerable time covering all three teams
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 08, 2015, 11:58:15 AM
These are all very tenuous 'links' bt here we go

Colchester: Born there
Aldershot: Live there now
Cardiff: My Granddad has supported the since 1945
Stoke City, Port Vale, Burton Albion: Went to University in Staffordshire and spent considerable time covering all three teams

Some are indeed tenuous.

Mine:

Colchester: Born there.

That's it.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Burt

Notts Co.

Went to uni in Nottingham, so had to follow another team that has a lot of history, plays in back and white, and whose home is an old traditional ground.

Logicalman

Brentford: Two nephews signed with them as youths (after 1 turned down Fulham!!)
Bournemouth: Attended a number of their home games - work related back in the late 80's & 90's
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burt on December 08, 2015, 12:24:29 PM
Notts Co.

Went to uni in Nottingham, so had to follow another team that has a lot of history, plays in back and white, and whose home is an old traditional ground.

. . . and Eddie Lowe managed Notts County for a while (though with not much success).

snarks

Grew up in Bournemouth, so saw a lot of them when growing up, the team of John Bond that featured Ted MacDougall and Phil Bowyer. They are one of the teams whose scores I always look for.

Now work in Southampton, and if those around me aren't Saints fans, they're Pompey (Scum - according to those I work with). Got some awful flack in the relegation season.

grandad

The old Wimbledon when they were in the Southern League at Plough Lane. My father was the club doctor & I got in for free. Their Goalkeeper was Eddie Reynolds was also the groundsman at Wimbledon Park & he used to play 3 & in with us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wimbledon_White

Northampton Town: Born and raised a Cobbler. Continue to keep a close eye on them to this day. My father is a STH and has been for 50 odd years.

Huxley

Dulwich hamlet, non league SE London. Fairly close to where I live now having from west London. Great atmosphere and can drink and stand in the stands. Nice change from watching the overpaid professionals underperform. Some of the recent defending from Fulham has been that level, but at least the strikers are equally bad.

Beamer

Lived for a long time in Surrey and you will be aware that all Surrey residents are automatically enrolled as Man Utd supporters.
Had to move to Spain to escape.

ffc2004

AFC Wimbledon - down the road from me and one of my oldest mates is a ST holder.
Leicester - went to Uni up there.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Beamer on December 08, 2015, 03:13:21 PM
Lived for a long time in Surrey and you will be aware that all Surrey residents are automatically enrolled as Man Utd supporters.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr   I was born in Surrey (Haslemere)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Oakeshott

My grandfather was a director of Reading FC in the 1920s and 1930s.

HV71

Mansfield Town - born and bred. My Dad and his Dad were staunch supporters and I was taken to my first game aged four. Moved to London for work and continued to go to 95% of games home and away for 15 years. When my son , who was born in Putney , was of an age when he could decide who he wanted to support  he thankfully chose Fulham ( as opposed to any other London club) . I still look for their results and have the number plate S7 AGS.

Lighthouse

In the Sixties and early Seventies I went to Old Trafford a fair bit as well as all the clubs where Fulham visited up there.

Then in the late Seventies and early Eighties I moved to the South Coast and visited many Sussex County sides following various different sides. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Beamer

Hi Roger, At least I only had to move to Spain to get away from them, they must have really been after you.

fcfulham55

I used to play for Charlton Athletic as a youth. 11-14 where I was released... Got to play/ train with the likes of Luke Young, Shaun Bartlett, Jason Euell, Chris powel, a few future fulham lads like Paul konchesky and Scott Parker!

Scott Parker once but he was awesome. He could paint a picture of the pitch behind you by communicating, so vocal!! Definitely someone Fulham should look to keep in the coaching department. Scored a penalty against  Dean Kiely! And tried marking Jason Euell.

I thought Jason Euell was unstoppable, probably the best play I've played against and with, by miles!

Alan Curbishly was also Charlton manager at the time too..

Although released, I have a soft spot for them... Let's face it, I just wasn't good enough.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310